The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins at Jets short week primer

+2
JMP
mercury22nathan
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dolphins at Jets short week primer - Page 2 Empty Re: Dolphins at Jets short week primer

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:41 pm

The Jets are not good enough to beat Miami on Friday. However, the Dolphins can beat themselves and let New York scrape by in the process. Without the help of some mistakes, penalties or turnovers by the Dolphins, I’m not convinced the Jets’ offense can put double digits on the scoreboard. I’d love to predict a Dolphins whopping blowout, but nothing I’ve seen in the offense over the last few weeks tells me that’s about to happen. I think the Dolphins would be wise to lean on the running game as that is the Jets’ defense’s weakness (if they have much of one) – although I’m not sure Miami is built to do that (especially considering current injuries). I do think they will do enough to win by 2 scores, but not a lot more.

Miami Dolphins - 24
NY Jets - 13

Dolphins commit 1 turnover leaving the Jets a short field and a subsequent questionable pass interference puts NY inside the 10 leading to their only TD. Miami also has a promising would be TD drive derailed by false start/illegal shift type penalty followed by a Sanders' shank. Without the mistakes the game would've been Miami's 31-6, but they still get the win.

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Dolphins at Jets short week primer - Page 2 Empty Re: Dolphins at Jets short week primer

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:46 pm

PS - no matter what, if one of the Dolphins scores (in a victory of course) is a Jaylen Waddle 15 yards+ TD reception, i will be very, very happy...and i might even do a little dance. that's a promise.

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:32 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:PS - no matter what, if one of the Dolphins scores (in a victory of course) is a Jaylen Waddle 15 yards+ TD reception, I will be very, very happy...and i might even do a little dance.  that's a promise.

By little dance, I am sure merc meant he was gonna get up and do the "Waddle", right?

Very Happy

Yeah, the offense tends to get "sloppy" at times it seems like?

I do think the poor Oline performance is affecting Tua. It seems like if he is uncomfortable and cannot get the timing of the passing game down he just is not as effective.

It would be VERY NICE to have Hunt back at RG.

And Wynn at LG!!! Crying or Very sad

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:24 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:PS - no matter what, if one of the Dolphins scores (in a victory of course) is a Jaylen Waddle 15 yards+ TD reception, i will be very, very happy...and i might even do a little dance.  that's a promise.

Getting a bit of a financial windfall from that particular occurrence, are we? Wink

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:00 pm

I'll lay it out there and say that Miami is the best team in the NFL. But no one in the media or social media for that matter sees why except most of us in this forum.

JMP and I agree, the only thing that matters in competing against power ranked teams is to see how you stack up. But again, it doesn't matter because it's not how you get into the playoffs. Win total is the only stat that matters. And no one in the league office can predict power rankings when they make the schedule. The only you can do is play the team in front of you.

Miami's 3 losses Buffalo, Philly, and KC. I know I can honestly say that we were in every game despite the ending score. But the most common theme of all.........Miami beat themselves. Turnovers, Penalties, Drop balls, wrong routes, and bad playcalling, all self inflicted. Something not evident in the 7 wins. Miami doesn't get beat........they have always beaten themselves at least this season anyway.
Umix10
Umix10

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:37 am

I agree, Umix - when the Dolphins play the way they are capable of, they can beat any team, anywhere. Especially with the defense playing at a new level now, we just need to clean up the mistakes and we will make some noise.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:57 pm

Here's what REALLY grinds my gears. The mighty Lions who everyone is fawning over just lost and are now 8-3 with a point differential of +36. The 9-1 Eagles have a point differential of +61. So do the Chiefs.

The Fins currently have a point differential of +67, better than all these other so-called contenders. Yes, I know the Broncos win skews that just a bit, but how many of the above teams have done anything that impressive? Yes, the schedule's been weak but they did hand the Panthers their largest margin of defeat so far and rolled up more yards VS the Giants than all but one other team. But they're going to get bashed and trashed for losing to a pair of teams with a combined record of 14-3 against everyone else other than themselves. Nobody ever mentions that part of it. Why does that have to be some scarlet letter, some black mark of shame? scratch

It'll all be moot though if they let the Jets beat them.

DolFan 316

JMP, HalCHorn and finfanatic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2