The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cameron's contract

4 posters

Go down

Cameron's contract Empty Cameron's contract

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:59 am

from an article detailing the 5 worst TE contracts in the NFL:

Jordan Cameron, Miami Dolphins

Years remaining: One

Average remaining cap hit (per year): $8.0 million

After two solid years as a receiving tight end in Cleveland, the Dolphins signed Cameron to a two-year contract, and the first season of that deal was a flop. Last year, his 0.97 yards per route run mark was the lowest for tight ends with at least 300 routes run. In fact, in each of the last two games of the season, fellow Miami tight end Dion Sims played more snaps than Cameron. Even at his best in 2013, Cameron recorded the second-most receiving yards for tight ends, but part of that was simply volume of targets—his receiving grade was only 15th among his positional peers that season. It doesn’t help his case that he’s graded out as a below-average run-blocker each of the last four seasons.

After his poor performance, he took a pay cut (which saved him from getting released), but his cap hit is still the fourth-highest for tight ends in 2016. If we were just looking at worst contracts in 2016, Cameron would have topped the list, but since the Dolphins are free from his contract after the year, that dropped him to No. 3 on this list.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-5-worst-nfl-tight-end-contracts/

so the question is, will Cameron rebound this year enough to justify his cap hit?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Cameron's contract Empty Re: Cameron's contract

Post by JMP Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:30 pm

IMO Cameron is a one-year wonder, and I don't think he'll be an impact player this season.  There's not enough targets to go around in this offense, as I expect Landry, Parker and the RBs to get the bulk of passes from Tannehill.  Plus, I just don't think Cameron is that good.  He's got terrible hands, and he seems like a sloppy route runner.  He also might be the worst blocking TE I've seen since Michael Egnew.  Terrible contract. 

Add TE to the list of positions that the Dolphins have trouble filling (or simply ignore) year after year after year (guard, LB, S, etc.)

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:06 pm

I have to agree with JMP, his route running isn't great and it doesn't seem like he can get off his man at all.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:24 pm

Agreed.

The Phins have some bad luck with TEs it seems.

Drafting them and free agents.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:33 pm

Miami drafted myths that suppose to be TE. Miami TE are horrible because they aren't TE, they are just big WR that played in the slot in college. These guys can't fit in the NFL.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:07 pm

rightchea wrote:Miami drafted myths that suppose to be TE. Miami TE are horrible because they aren't TE, they are just big WR that played in the slot in college. These guys can't fit in the NFL.

Yep, that guy Duarte they drafted this year fits that description...and he's not even that big.  Wasted pick IMO - I don't see that guy ever becoming an NFL tight end.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down