The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Office Rumblings: Punt on our Offense + Dolphins have already given up on the season

+6
DolFan 316
finfanatic
Umix10
JMP
white1
mercury22nathan
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Front Office Rumblings:  Punt on our Offense + Dolphins have already given up on the season - Page 2 Empty Re: Front Office Rumblings: Punt on our Offense + Dolphins have already given up on the season

Post by scotgif Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:35 pm

Exactly. I have been hearing Gase say they have already "scaled back" the offense quite a bit. Don't you think the defenses have caught up with that and are now stacking the box because of the lack of creativity from the play calls? If the defense knows pretty much that the offense is not really going to challenge them vertically, then, quite obviously, they are going to flood the ten-yard area past the LOS, thus clogging things up for any type of passing lanes or window, not to mention any YAC room.

Gase is the typical know it all, can't tell me shit coach. It' not the system or the plays, it's always the players executing. Yeah, sometimes, that is the case, but he never takes any blame for play calling. Always, if people just do their job, the plays work. OK.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Front Office Rumblings:  Punt on our Offense + Dolphins have already given up on the season - Page 2 Empty Re: Front Office Rumblings: Punt on our Offense + Dolphins have already given up on the season

Post by JMP Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:05 pm

Yep. Great posts from Umix and Scot here.

It shouldn't be about "scaling back" the offense. It should be recognizing what your players are good at, and calling plays to take advantage of that.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:20 pm

I'm starting to get that whole "lost the team feeling". Also, how many times to the Dolphins have to have an O-Line coach that's a damn embarrassment? Not only were both Bullygate O'Retard and Cokie McSnifferson god-awful coaches, they've done some completely head-scratching things.

I don't think he was just a lone wolf either (Lines McSnortsalot). I think he gagged rails with other coaches in the facility. They should random drug test the coaches . . . I bet there'd be a fuckton of guys without jobs, and most of them completely deservedly so.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:49 pm

Guys, I live in Atlanta and the coverage of the Fins here has just about brought me to tears. Never have I been so ashamed to be a fan.

I've had to listen to the winning record of our head coaches since Shula. I've had to listen to the QBs we've started. Today, they were laughing about how we took Jake Long instead of Matt Ryan. The Brees vs Culpepper decision has been revisited. Our playoff appearances since 2000.

Falcons players getting interviewed trying to keep a straight face while they talk about how long Cutler has been in the league, what a strong arm he has, and the "great" QB he is. Met of course by guffaws from the radio hosts afterwards.

It's a living nightmare. And I'm going to the game Sunday. Eff it. I'm going. I want to go to see the new stadium. And there's always a chance for an upset. Always. If it happens, I will be there.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:47 am

Cokie McSnifferson and Lines McSnortsalot almost made me spit my water on the screen! Very Happy

White - hope you have an awesome time at the game. My boss/friend will also be there. An upset would be sweet...not gonna happen, but it would be sweet.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:41 am

We all thought the Steelers would crush us last year and look what happened. All I’m saying is there is more truth to the phrase Any Given Sunday than most fans realize.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:43 am

white1 wrote:We all thought the Steelers would crush us last year and look what happened. All I’m saying is there is more truth to the phrase Any Given Sunday than most fans realize.

Well, if we can knock Matt Ryan out of the game like we did Big Ben in that Steelers game, maybe we'll have a shot! Wink

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:52 am

white1 wrote:We all thought the Steelers would crush us last year and look what happened. All I’m saying is there is more truth to the phrase Any Given Sunday than most fans realize.

I admire you White1, I really do. Still trying to maintain at least a shred of optimism despite everything. God bless you (and everyone else too, I'm not leaving the rest of you out) Smile

BTW is Atlanta traffic really as brutal as I keep hearing it is?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:59 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
BTW is Atlanta traffic really as brutal as I keep hearing it is?

I've been to Atlanta a couple of times for work, and the traffic in and around the city is INSANE. And I say that as someone who lives on Long Island, where brutal traffic is a way of life.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:31 am

Atlanta probably leads the country, even worse than LA, for bad traffic.

It's not so much a city as it is a loose collection of a dozen "fiefdoms", being counties and independent cities that have sprung up all around the metropolitan area.

Mass transit is a joke. The highways were constructed half-assed with numerous choke points that have to be addressed. No bike paths to speak of (although that has some momentum and is actually gaining ground at an impressive pace). Zoning has been out of control for so long you've got huge office towers and office parks off two lane roads, 20 miles from downtown. It's crazy.

I love the city for a lot of things, the weather is great, the restaurants are great, cost of living is excellent, you've got major sports teams and a all the arts amenities. Transit is the future, and there are some good plans in place, but we're looking at years and years to implement.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:49 pm

Yeah, Atlanta traffic sucks. I had to drive through there a few times, latest was my trip out to Northern California. We were there in the middle of the day and it was a bucket of ass cookies trying to get through the city.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:15 am

So here is the thread I just mentioned in my last post. I'm going back to read the link.

The thread died in my exuberance after the victory over Atlanta, which I witnessed in person. Only a couple weeks but seems like a rapidly fading childhood memory.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:09 pm

JMP wrote:Given all the needs and the cap situation, it probably doesn't make sense to re-sign Landry. Maybe if we hadn't given Stills so much money, but at this point I just don't think we can afford Landry. That totally sucks, but it is what it is.

Regardless of the situation it does not make sense to resign Landry unless it’s a moderate contract. You don’t pay guys big money who don’t score.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:34 pm

Birdmond wrote:
JMP wrote:Given all the needs and the cap situation, it probably doesn't make sense to re-sign Landry.  Maybe if we hadn't given Stills so much money, but at this point I just don't think we can afford Landry.  That totally sucks, but it is what it is.

Regardless of the situation it does not make sense to resign Landry unless it’s a moderate contract.   You don’t pay guys big money who don’t score.

Boom. Bird, you get the GM job. Simple, useful, intelligent, and precise analysis.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2