Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by finfanatic on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:07 pm

Tannenbaum LIVES to trade picks IMO. And the more flashy and CLEVER the deal, the more he likes it.

Whether or not the picks and players he gets in the deal work out, make the team better, or are , per usual, either horrible failures or border-line failures, the intricacy of the deal and just how OH_SO_CLEVER it all is...is what excites Tannebaum.

I tell you, some of the moves this team makes in free agency makes me think DF316 is correct: Tannenbaum and Ross are Jets Fans and are working to sabotage the Phins.

I mean...GEEZE!!! Some of this stuff has elementary stupid written all over it!

finfanatic

Posts : 438
Join date : 2015-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by DolFan 316 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:13 pm

Do I really have to be the first one to say that Tannenbaum is all hot n' bothered about Jordan Howard precisely BECAUSE he has an injury?

Seriously, if Howard was perfectly fine he wouldn't even be considered by this team. But since he's hurt? Trade for him at once!!!


DolFan 316

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by Umix10 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:25 pm

Tannebaum = Stupid haven't we all learned that by now?

I mean how hard is it to figure out that the ultimate goal for Gase is he wanted to coach the Bears!  I mean Bushrod, Larsen, now Howard.  Best trade would be to give up Gase and take Trubisky, rather than spend the next 2 seasons bringing the Bears team to Miami we might as well send that fuck head Gase to Chicago for Trubisky, problem solved.

Let's see if Tannebaum can outsmart himself on that one!!!!!!!!!!!
avatar
Umix10

Posts : 457
Join date : 2015-04-08
Location : Waianae, Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by Degarmo on Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:38 pm

Umix10 wrote:

Let's see if Tannebaum can outsmart himself on that one!!!!!!!!!!!

Tannenbaum would throw in our 11th overall.
avatar
Degarmo

Posts : 1781
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by Umix10 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:35 pm

Degarmo wrote:
Umix10 wrote:

Let's see if Tannebaum can outsmart himself on that one!!!!!!!!!!!

Tannenbaum would throw in our 11th overall.

I am literally rolling on the floor laughing cuz wouldn't that be soooooooo close to the truth!!!!!!
avatar
Umix10

Posts : 457
Join date : 2015-04-08
Location : Waianae, Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by Degarmo on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:55 pm

Umix10 wrote:
Degarmo wrote:
Umix10 wrote:

Let's see if Tannebaum can outsmart himself on that one!!!!!!!!!!!

Tannenbaum would throw in our 11th overall.

I am literally rolling on the floor laughing cuz wouldn't that be soooooooo close to the truth!!!!!!

Right? Tannenbaum giving away the house for a QB. Sounds very familiar.
avatar
Degarmo

Posts : 1781
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by finfanatic on Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:40 pm

Post seriously!

We would have to throw in Tannenbaum and Ross....along with Gase to get Trubisky!

Shocked

Man, that would solve a whole bunch problems!!!

Laughing

finfanatic

Posts : 438
Join date : 2015-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by JMP on Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:29 pm

The latest news I've heard with Landry:

rotoworld wrote:
Dolphins signed franchised player Jarvis Landry to a one-year, $15.982 million contract.

Landry signing the tender means the Dolphins are no longer able to rescind the tag, which could be a concern with seemingly little movement in trade talks -- The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson tweeted a trade is "not imminent." The Dolphins are over the cap as it stands now, and while cutting guys like Lawrence Timmons and Julius Thomas will give them some room, it will not be enough to really be a player in free agency. Miami needs to find a trade partner for Landry.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Ugh! This is what I was afraid of...Landry now has all the power and can hold the Dolphins hostage.

JMP
Admin

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 46

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by mercury22nathan on Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:44 pm

There are a number of teams interested in Landry, but perhaps not at his price. Landry is said to want at least $14 million annually, but at least one team that is in the running believes his value is more like $10 million per year.

Hurting Landry’s case? Teams believe they can probably sign Rams receiver Sammy Watkins at a similar price point — without having to give up a draft pick or player in return.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article203916359.html

so how badly does Landry want out of Miami - enough to take a deal less than what the Phins were offering?

This impasse surely is weighing on Landry, an emotional person who said in a video released during the weekend that “the franchise tag is not a good deal for me.”

not sure how much he thinks he's worth.

mercury22nathan

Posts : 784
Join date : 2015-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by JMP on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:02 pm

There's no way he's signing anywhere for $10 million. I think $14 million sounds about right, but his value really depends on how the new team plans to use him. Regardless, if Landry doesn't like the offers he can play this year at $16 million. The ball is in his court.

JMP
Admin

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 46

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by white1 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:05 pm

Yeah, to me it is sounding like a trade is close.

Just a matter of finding out how pathetic the compensation we get in return will be.

I hate this team.

white1

Posts : 1854
Join date : 2015-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by Degarmo on Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:02 am

Maybe he'll stay here and get an "injury". Then have a miraculous recovery in the offseason and leave.
avatar
Degarmo

Posts : 1781
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by Umix10 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:29 am

The Landry issue is dead it’s just a matter of who is willing to pay Jarvis his money. I don’t think we really have a shot at it. His organization is too disorganized to keep talent. You build through the draft, develop young talent, watch them dominate and reward them with a contract. EXCEPT for the Dolphins.
avatar
Umix10

Posts : 457
Join date : 2015-04-08
Location : Waianae, Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by mercury22nathan on Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:26 am

thought these were interesting viewpoints on Landry.

O.J. McDuffie said, “I would make the commitment to him. We count on him week in and week out. He shows up every week, and those are the guys you really want to take care of."

But former Dolphins cornerback Sam Madison said Landry isn’t worth the kind of money he’s seeking in a multiyear deal.

“Even with the number of catches, the production is not there for me,” Madison said. “It’s hard to pay that when I’m not getting explosive plays. And he wouldn’t have those catches if they had a [good] tight end. If they had a tight end, you wouldn’t get that type of production.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article204180894.html

are you Team OJ or Team Madison?

mercury22nathan

Posts : 784
Join date : 2015-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by mercury22nathan on Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:30 am

more chum for debate...

The Miami Dolphins should be able to trade wide receiver Jarvis Landry and they should be able to get solid compensation for him.

Think perhaps a fourth-round draft pick for Landry.

If Dolphins executive vice president Mike Tannenbaum, in charge of this trade exercise, is able to get anything better than a fourth-rounder for Landry he’ll deserve a medal.

Indeed, Mike, you get a third for Landry and I’ll give you a one-man standing ovation because you will have earned it.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article204263849.html

really Mando, a fourth rounder? we should be happy with a 4th rounder for Landry?

mercury22nathan

Posts : 784
Join date : 2015-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by JMP on Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:58 am

mercury22nathan wrote:thought these were interesting viewpoints on Landry.

O.J. McDuffie said, “I would make the commitment to him. We count on him week in and week out. He shows up every week, and those are the guys you really want to take care of."

But former Dolphins cornerback Sam Madison said Landry isn’t worth the kind of money he’s seeking in a multiyear deal.

“Even with the number of catches, the production is not there for me,” Madison said. “It’s hard to pay that when I’m not getting explosive plays. And he wouldn’t have those catches if they had a [good] tight end. If they had a tight end, you wouldn’t get that type of production.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article204180894.html

are you Team OJ or Team Madison?

I'm with the original Miami Juice on this one. Landry's 9 TDs last season kind of cancels out Madison's view. Before 2017, it was a valid argument. But 9 TDs with garbage at QB??? That's damn impressive.

JMP
Admin

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 46

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by JMP on Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:04 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:more chum for debate...

The Miami Dolphins should be able to trade wide receiver Jarvis Landry and they should be able to get solid compensation for him.

Think perhaps a fourth-round draft pick for Landry.

If Dolphins executive vice president Mike Tannenbaum, in charge of this trade exercise, is able to get anything better than a fourth-rounder for Landry he’ll deserve a medal.

Indeed, Mike, you get a third for Landry and I’ll give you a one-man standing ovation because you will have earned it.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article204263849.html

really Mando, a fourth rounder?  we should be happy with a 4th rounder for Landry?  

Wow, so Mando says the Phins are planning to be players in free agency! That means a Landry trade has to happen soon to get that $16 million cap space back...and that likely means we'll have to accept crap compensation from whichever team we trade him to. Like I've been saying...the Phins screwed themselves with this franchise tag. The cap hit cripples them. What a disaster.


JMP
Admin

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 46

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by JMP on Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:17 pm

And oh yeah...the Landry cap situation might have been a little less urgent if we hadn't just traded for a $12 million cap hit with Quinn. This front office really has great vision, doesn't it? No

I'm prepared for the news that we're trading Landry for a 5th....

JMP
Admin

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 46

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by white1 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:21 pm

The news only gets worse.

1. We are getting a negligible draft pick for Landry. NO HOPE of drafting a replacement with the pick gained. Sure, we can take a receiver in the 1st or 2nd round. What a great move with so many other needs!

2. We are "going to be big players" in free agency. Excellent. Let's pay through the nose for the guys other teams decided are expendable.

Perfect Fins offseason...

white1

Posts : 1854
Join date : 2015-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by Umix10 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:33 pm

That’s it it’s over Landry to the Browns!!!!! We had better get a good pick...I hope we at least moved to 4! Buahahahahahaha wouldn’t that be funny
avatar
Umix10

Posts : 457
Join date : 2015-04-08
Location : Waianae, Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by DolFan 316 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:40 pm

Umix10 wrote:That’s it it’s over Landry to the Browns!!!!! We had better get a good pick...I hope we at least moved to 4!  Buahahahahahaha wouldn’t that be funny

Beat me to it. ya bastard  Evil or Very Mad  Wink Nothing official yet, but if Schefter says it's so, it's so. Two draft picks is the word on the street so far. With our luck it'll be a 5th and a 6th.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22705144/cleveland-browns-trading-two-draft-picks-miami-dolphins-wide-receiver-jarvis-landry


Last edited by DolFan 316 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by Umix10 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:42 pm

As I’m thinking about this trade it may actually be a telling sign about what the Browns will do in the draft. This might work a little in Miami’s favor in getting a QB. Landry gets them a stud and dependable receiver who can help a young QB. I’m certain after this trade, Cleveland will take Barkley with the 1st pick. If they make a big push for Cousin’s, the #4 pick could be up for bid.
avatar
Umix10

Posts : 457
Join date : 2015-04-08
Location : Waianae, Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by Umix10 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:44 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
Umix10 wrote:That’s it it’s over Landry to the Browns!!!!! We had better get a good pick...I hope we at least moved to 4!  Buahahahahahaha wouldn’t that be funny

Beat me to it. ya bastard  Evil or Very Mad  Wink Nothing official yet, but if Schefter says it's so, it's so. Two draft picks is the word on the street so far. With our luck it'll be a 5th and a 6th.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22705144/cleveland-browns-trading-two-draft-picks-miami-dolphins-wide-receiver-jarvis-landry

With our luck and knowing Tannebaum thinks he sees a deal where no one else does.........it’ll be a 5th round pick in 2030 and a 6th round pick in 2031
avatar
Umix10

Posts : 457
Join date : 2015-04-08
Location : Waianae, Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by rightchea on Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:47 pm

well supposedly it two picks from this draft. I wouldn't be surprised it either low or so merhing miami will give up

rightchea

Posts : 1675
Join date : 2015-04-28
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by JMP on Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:34 pm

rightchea wrote:well supposedly it two picks from this draft. I wouldn't be surprised it either low or so merhing miami will give up

I'm hearing one pick this year, and one in 2019. No word on what rounds.

I knew this was coming, but this one hurts...really didn't want to see Landry go. No

JMP
Admin

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 46

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum