The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aqib Talib ready to play

2 posters

Go down

Aqib Talib ready to play Empty Aqib Talib ready to play

Post by rightchea Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:49 am

Mike Florio wrote:alib, who by rule can’t play until Week 15 due to the IR rules, believes he would be able to play a lot sooner than that.
“I’m healthy enough to play right now,” Talib said while appearing on FOX, via USA Today. “I talked to Coach Flo [Brian Flores] and right now, I’m just focused on getting healthy. When I’m able to come off the injured reserve list, it’ll be a decision to make for the team, for myself. But ultimately, I don’t make any decisions, as you can see. I just show up and make sure I’m healthy enough to play football.”
Talib admitted that he “kind of disagreed with the IR” decision made by the Rams last month, and that he “wasn’t the happiest camper.” He initially decided to stay put, but the Rams eventually dumped his salary, and the Dolphins bought a 2020 fifth-round pick by taking on the $4.235 million liability.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/05/aqib-talib-says-hes-healthy-enough-to-play-right-now/

So it looks like he is able to play by week 15 but that doesn't mean the he should play the last two game of the season. Does Miami keep him on the team for next year and see if he can contribute and mentor the younger players or do you let him go and just keep the pick.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Aqib Talib ready to play Empty Re: Aqib Talib ready to play

Post by JMP Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:35 am

No need for Talib to ever play a down in Miami. It wouldn't make any sense at all to have a 33 year old CB play 3 games for the Dolphins this season.

He's a FA after the season, so just let him walk.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down