The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surprise: Jets players don't respect Adam Gase

+5
CarsonChris
finfanatic
rightchea
mercury22nathan
JMP
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Surprise: Jets players don't respect Adam Gase  - Page 2 Empty Re: Surprise: Jets players don't respect Adam Gase

Post by JMP Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:06 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:
Jets:  we want to wait on your extension.
Adams:  fuck no.  i want out of this shithole.
(trade)
Seattle: we want to wait on your extension.
Adams: that's cool.

That's just plain awesome. Love it!!! Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Surprise: Jets players don't respect Adam Gase  - Page 2 Empty Re: Surprise: Jets players don't respect Adam Gase

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:53 am

more trouble brewing in Jets land?

New York Jets running back Le'Veon Bell added a touch of drama to a routine team scrimmage Wednesday, using social media to question why he spent the latter half on the sideline.

Afterward, coach Adam Gase told reporters that Bell was removed as a precaution because of hamstring tightness. The Jets have experienced several soft-tissue injuries in training camp, and Gase said he didn't want to take any chances with Bell. Bell took issue with Gase's reasoning.

Minutes after Gase's Zoom call, Bell retweeted an injury update from the Jets' in-house Internet reporter, adding, "ain't nothing wrong with my hamstrings." In follow-up tweets, Bell said "its tough to stay loose when you do a bunch of standing around" and responded to a fan, stressing the importance of practice for his performance during the regular season.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29746167/jets-adam-gase-leveon-bell-odds-rb-scrimmage-usage

something is bubbling under the surface. Bell is just waiting for an opportunity to go full-on wacko.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:21 am

Here in NY, the belief is that Gore and Bell will split time almost equally...which is simply insane. Gore is a decent player, but at 37 years old you can't convince me that he offers more than Bell.

Also hearing that the Jets offense looks awful...with Jameison Crowder being the only legit WR. TE Chris Herndon is coming on, but they have no playmakers at all.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:18 pm

We joke about it now, but it won't be so funny when Gase becomes the first NFL head coach to get beaten up by his players. I'd seriously be shocked if this doesn't happen.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:26 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:We joke about it now, but it won't be so funny when Gase becomes the first NFL head coach to get beaten up by his players. I'd seriously be shocked if this doesn't happen.

Huh? What do you mean it won't be funny?? It'll be fucking hilarious! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:30 pm

JMP wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:We joke about it now, but it won't be so funny when Gase becomes the first NFL head coach to get beaten up by his players. I'd seriously be shocked if this doesn't happen.

Huh?  What do you mean it won't be funny??  It'll be fucking hilarious!   Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Dude, just...no. Evil or Very Mad

I never figured you for an Antifa/BLM riot supporter.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:46 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:

Huh?  What do you mean it won't be funny??  It'll be fucking hilarious!   Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Dude, just...no.  Evil or Very Mad

I never figured you for an Antifa/BLM riot supporter.

Hell no, nothing like that - I just want to see that fraud Gase get his ass kicked. If you constantly treat everyone like garbage, eventually someone is going to take you down.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:36 am

Gase seems to be really smart, where he's not smart is in his emotional intelligence.

It's clear he's unable to relate to players and further is unable to build a relationship with them. Not in all cases, but in many cases, and I believe we saw that in Miami. The reports that the entire locker room turned against him are untrue IMO, based on some of what I read (several players stopping by his office to wish him well the day he was fired).

What I believe is that enough players have a fractured relationship with Gase that it SPLITS the locker room, which IMO is worse than if they were united one way or the other. So you've got players that have a good relationship and like Gase, and those that don't. Essentially players are forced to "choose sides" and the whole thing becomes two factions sniping at each other based on the regular drama all teams face during a season - poor opportunities to make plays, snap counts lower than they want, a tough loss with someone making a bad play.

Unless Gase can find a way to have at least an effective relationship with everyone on the team, this will continue to happen. If he keeps alienating players, Gase as a head coach will never be effective and as an OC he will need an excellent head coach over him to tilt the balance the right way.

Since he's coaching the Jets.... I hope he never changes ha!
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:55 am

white1 wrote:Gase seems to be really smart, where he's not smart is in his emotional intelligence.  

It's clear he's unable to relate to players and further is unable to build a relationship with them.  Not in all cases, but in many cases, and I believe we saw that in Miami.  The reports that the entire locker room turned against him are untrue IMO, based on some of what I read (several players stopping by his office to wish him well the day he was fired).

What I believe is that enough players have a fractured relationship with Gase that it SPLITS the locker room, which IMO is worse than if they were united one way or the other.  So you've got players that have a good relationship and like Gase, and those that don't.  Essentially players are forced to "choose sides" and the whole thing becomes two factions sniping at each other based on the regular drama all teams face during a season - poor opportunities to make plays, snap counts lower than they want, a tough loss with someone making a bad play.  

Unless Gase can find a way to have at least an effective relationship with everyone on the team, this will continue to happen.  If he keeps alienating players, Gase as a head coach will never be effective and as an OC he will need an excellent head coach over him to tilt the balance the right way.

Since he's coaching the Jets.... I hope he never changes ha!

I think that's a good assessment of Gase.

Gase really seems to play favorites with players, which is never a good thing. As an example, he obviously loves Frank Gore...and on the flipside, he hated the acquisition of Bell from the moment it happened - and he never got over it.

Now, everyone loves Frank Gore...he's a standup guy, no one works harder, and even at 37 he has gas in the tank. But in the year 2020, he's not Le'Veon Bell. Bell is almost 10 years younger and has less tread on his tires - and he's still in his prime. For the Jets to have any type of success on offense, Bell needs to be the focal point. And if Gase is going to run a platoon system at RB, he's doing a major disservice to his team.

Then you look at a guy like backup QB David Fales...who has been with Gase in Chicago, Miami and now New York. Let's face it - Fales is an AWFUL QB. Yet Gase keeps giving him a job because he likes him. I'm not sure Fales would still be in the NFL if it wasn't for Gase...he's really that bad.

Players notice this type of stuff, and as you say white - it divides the locker room.

Gase will crash and burn with the Jets - it's just a question of when.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:36 am

Sometimes it's fun to visit the Jets' Gang Green Forum. Here's a selection of posts from their game thread this past weekend...funny how it sounds exactly like a Dolphins' message board from three years ago!

"Oh my god if they don’t stop calling passes that don’t go past the line of scrimmage I’m going to break my tv!"

"1st & 23. A 3 yard pattern to the sideline...Followed by virtually the same thing. Still short of the original LoS."

"Why in the fuck have we not thrown the ball farther than 5 fucking yards being down 31-6?"

"A delay run up the middle. Gase is trolling Jets fans at this point, right?"

"I’ve never been one to get on the fire gase bandwagon, I like to give someone ample opportunity. With that being said...fire gase. This is a pathetic game. Play calling is again atrocious. He lost the team and the defense shows it."

"Crazy, how accurate Darnold is when he's on the move. Basically what every Jets fan has said for the past three years. Maybe the offensive guru should design and call plays to take advantage of that skill?"

"FIRE GASE!!!!!!!!! For the sake of the team and fans! We have had enough."

"Gase wants [Darnold] in the pocket like Johnny Unitas, when his skill set is more like Tony Romo's."

"wish I could cheer a garbage time TD that we are still down 18 after"

"Gase isn't even calling plays to allow the WRs to try and get open. Nevermind all that. Those are designed plays. WR screen, delayed handoff up the gut, RB screen, outs after outs. I understand our WRs are dog shit but the play calling is fucking horrendous. Not even giving this team a chance."

"I presume Gase will take the credit for our one TD."

"Gase running out the clock for the Niners."

"What even are these plays?"

"A run up the gut down 31-6 in the 4th Quarter???? Not enough "LOL"s for this bullsh*t."

"lol down by a million points, still running the ball, great"

"So you wait til your down 25 in the 4th Quarter to attempt a downfield pass."

"We just don't understand this level of genius, guys"

"Fire gase now he sucks ass"

"maybe he is the world's smartest idiot. he got 2 head coaching jobs for being an offensive genius that scores only 17 points per game"

Sorry, Jets' fans...YOU GOT GASED!!!!! Razz

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:55 am

The New York Jets have struggled to open up the season. They’ve gone 0-2, losing both games by double digits. It’s widely believed that they are the worst team in football. Under normal circumstances, the head coach would take some responsibility, but Adam Gase hasn’t.

He’s seemingly blamed everyone else for the team’s fault but himself. At halftime of the Buffalo Bills game, he blamed the defense, despite the offense only putting up three points. He’s also blamed the players for their inability to execute his plays.

The deflecting continued on Wednesday, when Adam Gase told the media, “If we execute the play called we’ll be fine.”

https://elitesportsny.com/2020/09/23/new-york-jets-hc-adam-gase-deflects-blame-in-press-conference/

OMG, its deja vu all over again. Laughing

Adam Gase praises Mekhi Becton and said whenever Becton comes to the sideline he tells Gase to run to the left.

Despite that, Gase has seemingly avoided using Becton’s greatest strength, his run blocking. Through two games, The Jets have run the ball off tackle on just 3% of attempts, and to the left side just 18% of the time. Meanwhile, he’s run up the middle on an astonishing 78% of attempts.

This would be fine if Gase’s play-calling was working. However, the results paint an ugly picture. The Jets average just over two yards per carry up the middle, one of the worst marks in the NFL. However, they average just over six yards per carry when running to the left, the fourth-best mark in the NFL.

It’s clear that Gase’s play-calling is a major reason why the Jets are losing games. Yet, Gase insists if the team just follows his gameplan, they’ll win.

he's fucking brilliant!!

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:17 am

Love it! Very Happy

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:41 am

I imagine this is how Bears fans felt watching us all discuss the Wannstedt Era by 2003-ish

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:44 am

Seems to be getting worse by the day, even before the next loss happens.

At this rate I can't see Gase finishing out the year. He'll be a mid-season firing in just year 2 of his contract...
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:46 am

HalCHorn wrote:I imagine this is how Bears fans felt watching us all discuss the Wannstedt Era by 2003-ish

Yep - but it's nice to be on the other side!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:49 am

white1 wrote:Seems to be getting worse by the day, even before the next loss happens.

At this rate I can't see Gase finishing out the year.  He'll be a mid-season firing in just year 2 of his contract...

Yeah, there's no way they can keep him the full season if the offense keeps playing this poorly. I know they have no talent, but the playcalling is really at an absurdly poor level...and it shows that Gase learned absolutely nothing from his time in Miami. He's got to be the most stubborn coach ever - and that's saying something, since most coaches are stubborn! But he just refuses to make any changes at all, and continues to blame everyone else when he fails. He's got to be, literally, crazy.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:14 pm

Remember, it took one of the worst PI calls ever--during a season when that kind of thing was supposed to be fixed--for Gase to avoid getting swept by the worst Fins team since the merger!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:33 pm

I read that a lot of practice moves very slow and they are standing around most of the time. You can definitely see that lack of tackling and just pure lack effort on the Defensive side altogether. The OL was getting ran over and there was no protection for Sam Darnold. It almost like exactly like David Carr when he was in Houston

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:01 am

https://sports.yahoo.com/30-30-club-adam-gase-231054207.html

I was really hoping this would be more of a long, slowly unraveling disaster myself. I don't want the Jests to hire a competent coach and GM and start with Trevor Lawrence next time.

Gotta feel bad for Sam Darnold, who did nothing to deserve this.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:51 am

Adam Gase joined a unique 30-30 Club following Sunday’s loss to the Colts.

Another blowout, the Jets fell 36-7 in Week 3. With that, Gase now has as many career double-digit losses (30) as he does wins (30) between his time with the Jets and Dolphins.

Shocked That is really unbelievable...pure incompetence.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:27 am

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:59 am

HalCHorn wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/30-30-club-adam-gase-231054207.html

I was really hoping this would be more of a long, slowly unraveling disaster myself.   I don't want the Jests to hire a competent coach and GM and start with Trevor Lawrence next time.

Gotta feel bad for Sam Darnold, who did nothing to deserve this.

Yeah the Jets are doing bad from beginning to end but at least they aren't trying, the Falcons on the other hand forget they are playing football in the fourth quarter. Between the Jets and the Falcon Trevor Lawrence is going to be walking into a first year coach

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:47 am

Yeah, the Falcons are a disaster.  Really a poorly coached, undisciplined team.  

The Broncos are also a disaster, but at least with them it is mostly due to injuries.  As bad as the Jets are, I actually think they have a strong chance to beat the Broncos Thursday night. I'm rooting for the Jets in this one...I don't want to see Gase get fired! Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:22 am

hate to drag up an old thread, but its just too enjoyable to pile on Jets - and Gase in particular.

New York Jets coach Adam Gase was hired nearly two years ago in large part to groom quarterback Sam Darnold for success. On Thursday, Gase admitted for the first time that he's failing.

"I came here to help him, help him develop his career, and we haven't been able to do that," said Gase, who is 7-20 and has presided over the NFL's worst offense for the better part of two seasons.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30443591/new-york-jets-adam-gase-admits-helped-sam-darnold-develop-nfl-qb

wow, Gase is a failure (fraud) in developing QBs? every Phins' fan is saying, "no shit!" name one QB that he's developed? he's made an entire career out of riding on Peyton Manning's coat tails. he just happened to be there when Manning, an already fully developed legend, showed up to win a SB.

but even when you look closely, Gase is weaseling out of accepting responsibility. notice how instead of saying, "I haven't been able to do that," he uses, "we".

now he does say...

"We need to do things well around him, but at the same time, it's on me to get him to play better than what he's played," Gase said.

but this almost reeks of an underhanded way of blaming the Jets' woes on Darnold..."you know, we'd be a better team if our QB played better." even when he's supposedly taking responsibility, it really feels like he's not.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:38 am

Speaking of no accountability, where's the media accusing the Jets of blatantly tanking for Lawrence and even calling for the league to punish them? Because they sure were yammering on about it 24/7 last season when the Fins were starting 0 and whatever. I guess tanking is suddenly okay now? And we know the Jets are intentionally tanking for the #1 pick because under literally any other circumstances Gase would've been fired already. They know *exactly* what they're doing. It's the most obvious tank job since the '11 Colts.

Also, I was telling everybody from the beginning that Darnold would be a bust. He'd have sucked with or without Gase.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next