The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surprise: Jets players don't respect Adam Gase

+5
CarsonChris
finfanatic
rightchea
mercury22nathan
JMP
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Surprise: Jets players don't respect Adam Gase  - Page 3 Empty Re: Surprise: Jets players don't respect Adam Gase

Post by JMP Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:08 am

After the Dolphins game, Gase yelled at reporters for asking him who was calling the plays in the game. He doesn't want to reveal who calls plays because it would put the Jets at a "competitive disadvantage"...and he said this after a game where the Jets scored 3 points. Laughing Laughing Laughing

He reaches new levels of absurdity every week. The guy is an incompetent, egotistical moron. It is clear that the ONLY reason he still has a job is because the Jets are blatantly tanking. It's a disgrace to the entire sport that this asshole is still the head coach of an NFL team.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Surprise: Jets players don't respect Adam Gase  - Page 3 Empty Re: Surprise: Jets players don't respect Adam Gase

Post by HalCHorn Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:06 pm

The turning point for this franchise was giving Gase the boot after '18. For two decades we kept coaches (with the exception of Sparano, who was OK, *bad* coaches at that) around at least a year too long, often (in Wanny's case) two years too long. But we fired Gase, when much of the NFL media was saying we were foolish to "make him a scapegoat". (Many writers kept making excuses for Wanny in '02, '03 and '04 also)

But giving Gase the boot not only started the rebuild in earnest, we were lucky enough to stick a division rival with this knucklehead. Couldn't have worked out better.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:45 pm

HalCHorn wrote:The turning point for this franchise was giving Gase the boot after '18.  For two decades we kept coaches (with the exception of Sparano, who was OK, *bad* coaches at that) around at least a year too long, often (in Wanny's case) two years too long.  But we fired Gase, when much of the NFL media was saying we were foolish to "make him a scapegoat".   (Many writers kept making excuses for Wanny in '02, '03 and '04 also)

But giving Gase the boot not only started the rebuild in earnest, we were lucky enough to stick a division rival with this knucklehead.  Couldn't have worked out better.

Exactly. Somewhere along the line, Ross actually got wise and decided to bring in a head coach that was all about accountability, football and team, instead of just personal gain. We don't talk enough about Ross's turnaround - he went from bumbling idiot to smart owner almost overnight.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:44 pm

JMP wrote:

We don't talk enough about Ross's turnaround - he went from bumbling idiot to smart owner almost overnight.  

It's simple really.

His 10-year deal with the NFL that he struck so he could own a team ended in 2019. He was to ensure the Dolphins never challenged the Patriots for 10 years from his approval as an owner.

When that ended, all of a sudden he looked like he knew what he was doing.

I need DF316 to back me up on this one, I don't show people my tinfoil hat very often and I'd hate to be standing here out in the rain all by myself. Wink

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:56 pm

That's one conspiracy that completely flew under my radar (and my conspiracy radar casts a wide net indeed).

But now that I see that, it's suddenly and completely believable. Degarmo, consider yourself backed! cheers cheers cheers

(I almost typed "consider yourself backed up" but then realized how it would look Razz Laughing)

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:16 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:

(I almost typed "consider yourself backed up" but then realized how it would look Razz Laughing)

I'm getting Chinese food tonight. You may end up being a prophet. Very Happy

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:23 pm

Degarmo wrote:I'm getting Chinese food tonight.  You may end up being a prophet.  Very Happy

I already had to deal with a backed up toilet this morning but got it solved thanks to my good friend Mr. Toilet Snake.

Funny how a thread about Gase lends itself so easily to talk about backed up toilets and digestive systems Razz Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:24 am

Well, he is one big pile of shit.

Laughing

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:00 am

while i realize it would've been better for the Phins playoff odds if LV loss, i just can't find myself routing for the Jets (Gase) to win. and after defensive players called out DC Gregg Williams for the zero-blitz that led to the game winning TD, Gase had a little something to say...

"Our guys work way too hard to go through this s---," said a disgusted Adam Gase.

Gase didn't make a convincing defense of Williams, who is given total autonomy to run the defense.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30464365/new-york-jets-suffer-epic-collapse-vs-las-vegas-raiders-stay-winless

um, but Adam, ain't you the HEAD f'ing COACH? how you gonna open your mouth now...after you've completely ignored the defensive side of the ball your entire career?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:01 pm

Gregg Williams just got fired. Can Gase fire himself? scratch

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:06 pm

Gase is genuinely happy today (well, as happy as he can be anyway). He found a way to keep the obvious tank going while throwing Williams under the bus to make it look like he actually wanted to win. Best of both worlds as far as Gase is concerned.

It's also hard for me to feel bad for Williams because of that whole bounty thing.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:07 pm

JMP wrote:Gregg Williams just got fired.  Can Gase fire himself?  scratch

Gase is the kind of guy who blames Trump for rioting and virus outbreaks in states and cities completely under Democrat control.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:46 pm

How does an 0-12 coach retain a job? The team is guaranteed the first pick if they don’t win any games.

Gase might still work for the Jets next year selling concessions in the stands!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:55 pm

CarsonChris wrote:How does an 0-12 coach retain a job? The team is guaranteed the first pick if they don’t win any games.

Gase might still work for the Jets next year selling concessions in the stands!

There's an obvious under the table deal. Gase tanks for the top pick, and gets rewarded somehow. If he's actually retained for next season (assuming there is one) there needs to legit be a congressional investigation.

And of course, crickets from the media. The same media who literally couldn't shut up about the Fins tanking on purpose and screamed for the NFL to take away all their draft picks. Strange how they're suddenly not outraged now...

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:39 am

The longer this disaster goes on, the more I'm hoping the Jets keep Gase. Of course that would go beyond all logic, but how awesome would it be for them to get Lawrence and then watch Gase destroy him? It's unfortunate that Lawrence would be collateral damage in that situation, but too bad...it's the Jets. Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:01 am

JMP wrote:...but how awesome would it be for them to get Lawrence and then watch Gase destroy him?

if...um, i mean, when the Jets get the first pick, i gotta think Lawrence is going to decide to return for his senior year. he'll cite something like the pandemic shortened season, but we all know the real reason. i gotta think he was happily packing his bags for Jacksonville until LV threw that TD pass. and if you don't think the Jags are trying to tank for Lawrence too...

Jaguars quarterback Gardner Minshew II says he pleaded with head coach Doug Marrone to put him back on the field after he was medically cleared from a thumb injury late last month.

Yet Marrone opted to go with veteran Mike Glennon against the Cleveland Browns, and he's still sticking with Glennon this week even after his three-turnover performance against Minnesota last Sunday.

Marrone started rookie Jake Luton for the next three games but a four-interception performance in the Jaguars' 27-3 loss to Pittsburgh spurred Marrone to make a change. Although Minshew had begun throwing again before the Steelers game, Marrone opted for Glennon.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30471393/jacksonville-jaguars-qb-gardner-minshew-says-begged-play

clearly Marrone is purposely putting inferior talent on the field.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:07 am

"Obviously, I wasn't happy about that call," Gase told reporters, explaining the decision to dismiss Williams with four games remaining.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30469684/source-new-york-jets-fire-defensive-coordinator-gregg-williams-controversial-blitz-call

sounds like some post-revisionist history to me. if you didn't like the call Adam, why didn't you do something about it? you are the HEAD COACH, you know.

Gase second-guessed himself for not calling a timeout when he heard the call in the headset. But he noted that he never overruled one of Williams' calls. Gase gave him autonomy to run the defense, saying, "I hired Gregg because I trusted him to make the right calls and run the defense."

Still, Gase admitted, "I wish I would've called timeout, but I didn't."

again. Gase taking no responsibility.

and now that he's fired the DC, of course the next move would be, should be to meet with the team, right? well...

Gase didn't address the move with the team as a whole, saying he spoke individually to a few players. Nose tackle Folorunso Fatukasi said, "Dang, we're all kind of like ... it's hard to explain because we have a ton of respect for Gregg Williams. We know this a tough business, but we have to figure out a way to move on."

Quarterback Sam Darnold declined comment, saying, "[we] didn't know what to think of it. That's something that's above my pay grade, so I'm not going to necessarily sit here and talk about why he was let go."

that's so Gase. run and hide from the players and let them deal with it in the media themselves.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:20 pm

ha ha ha ha ha

I just laughed and laughed at the sheer stupidity of that call.....

Even the folks who normally are hesitant to talk bad about dumbarse coaches in the NFL said it was stupid.

What I am hoping for is.... the Jets get the 1st overall pick....and then trade it and Lawrence away for a beaucoup picks... and stick with Gase and Darnold.

The schadenfreude from this jets season is indeed great!

Very Happy
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:43 pm

It truly is amazing...every single thing Gase says or does can only be met with a head-scratching "Huh?" Nothing he does makes any sense, and he has absolutely zero ability to communicate with anyone...which, you would think, should be a prerequisite for a head coach. How in the world do you not address the team after firing the defensive coordinator???? scratch

I may die from laughter if Lawrence decides to stay in school. That would be the ultimate "because Jets" move of all time.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:36 am

I see Gase as the Head coach of the Jets for next year as well. The GM and owner are complete idiots and I think they might be stupid enough to give Gase one more chance.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:27 am

i know, i know, but i just can't let this go...

New York Jets coach Adam Gase was so "pissed" about the last-second loss to the Las Vegas Raiders on Sunday that it sent him and his coaches into a "funk."

On Wednesday, Gase called it one of the toughest losses of his coaching career, admitting it has been difficult to move past it.

Gase didn't have any team meetings on Monday or Tuesday.

"Doing the virtual meetings, that's probably the one thing that's annoying, because our guys help the coaches pull you out of the funk because those guys come in here with the energy they need to come in here with, and they're ready to go. That helps more than anything."

Asked if he was in a funk after the game, Gase said, "Yeah."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30484719/new-york-jets-coaches-get-loss-raiders

what kind of leadership is that?!?! players have to pull coaches out of the funk?? this dude is begging to be FIRED. he just quit on his team.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:02 am

0-16 and fired by the NY Jets. A fitting end to Gase in his second (and last) opportunity to be a head coach.

The Jets retaining Gase for a third year would be hilarious, but less poetic.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:03 pm

Gase wants to go 0-16 on purpose, there can be no doubt about it now. He may have already been told he's coming back.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:31 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Gase wants to go 0-16 on purpose, there can be no doubt about it now. He may have already been told he's coming back.

That's certainly how it seems.

Although, I did hear a rumor today that the Jets could be interested in...wait for it....

Bill "retired for 14 years" Cowher!!! I guess they think he can pull a Vermeil???? scratch

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3