The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miami at NE predictions

+2
Degarmo
mercury22nathan
6 posters

Go down

Miami at NE predictions Empty Miami at NE predictions

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:56 am

the season begins tonight - for those of us who still care (see https://dolfancave.forumotion.com/t2065-sports-are-mostly-dead-to-me) - but Phins fans have to wait another 3 long days to see their 2020 big reveal. i honestly have no idea how this game is going to go.

i could see a supposedly less talented Patriots and rejuvenated Cam surprising (not really a surprise) the Dolphins with a lopsided victory based on gimmick plays. i could see Miami picking up where they left off after last year's victory in NE with a supposedly improved roster and surprising (yes, that would be a surprise to most) NE in the trenches and exposing a well-past-his-prime Newton.

i'm just going to go with my heart. Miami wins a relatively close scrap full of mistakes and errors by both teams and the refs too.

Miami - 27
NE - 23

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Miami at NE predictions Empty Re: Miami at NE predictions

Post by Degarmo Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:53 pm

With no training camp, I'm expecting the offenses league-wide to be pretty poor. I'd bring the house against them, and I think we might have the better running game, which may just be the key early on. Cam Newton will be the wildcard, as always.

I have zero feel for this game, but I'll say Miami 17 NE 16 in a crap fest.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:32 pm

There are a few of us who still care! cheers cheers

I think the Phins match up very well with this version of the Patriots.

When the Pats have the ball: this is a Patriots team that appears to be weak at OL, RB , TE and WR, and they have a QB whose arm has looked shot for 2+ years...in other words, they should have a pretty weak offense. In contrast, the Dolphins have an ascending defense that should be better against the run and may just have an elite secondary. So, when the Phins' defense is on the field they should dominate - at least on paper.

When the Phins have the ball, they will look to establish the run first and foremost. They have a variety of weapons in the passing game as well as a savvy veteran QB. The biggest question is, as always, OL. Is this new-look Phins line, starting 2 rookies, ready to face everything Belichick is going to throw at them? The Pats lost a few key pieces on D, but you know BB will scheme them into positive plays and he'll challenge the young Miami OL. Overall, I think the Phins will have limited success on offense.

The Dolphins have what just might be one of the better special teams units in football, so I give them the edge there as well.

I think this is going to be a "feel each other out" game of cat-and-mouse early on, but in the second half I think the Phins will pull ahead. The Phins' D will smother the New England O all game. In the second half, look for the Phins to make a game-changing play on STs, and have a big offensive play with some sort of trickery involving Grant or Perry. Points won't be easy to come by, but in the end, Miami wins 17-10.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:40 pm

Depends how the new linebackers do. This will be all about stopping Cam’s broken or designed running plays.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:09 pm

This is going to be an interesting game tomorrow. This is show us what team was really doing what they were suppose to do this off-season. I not sure who will win this one though

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:30 pm

I always try to be as objective as I can, and I just don't see much of anything on this Patriots team. The offense just looks so awful on paper, and the defense doesn't seem scary at all. I'm not only predicting a Phins win, I'm expecting one!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:51 pm

All I care about this year us hoping Tua is the future.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:44 pm

I knew better than to be positive.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down