The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miami at Arizona predictions

+3
rightchea
CarsonChris
mercury22nathan
7 posters

Go down

Miami at Arizona predictions Empty Miami at Arizona predictions

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:20 am

Miami heads west for the Tua reveal 2.0. the Cardinals are probably the least talked about 5-2 team. folks point to easy victories over Washington, Jets and a reeling Cowboys, but then they go out and beat Seattle. Miami's D struggles with mobile QB's, so Tua will (have to) step up over Kyler in a shootout.

Miami - 38
Arizona - 34

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Miami at Arizona predictions Empty Re: Miami at Arizona predictions

Post by CarsonChris Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:43 am

Miami 0. Arizona 24. Turnover Tua time. Get used to 3 and out. Kid couldn’t beat Fitz out of starting. Now he’s going to be the savior. To paraphrase Joe Biden, “Come on man!”

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:03 am

This is what so many fans were asking for. I wasn't a Tua fan from the beginning and I still not impressed with him. Not expecting him to put up Burrow nor Herbert numbers but I expect him to win.

I see Miami losing this one by 10.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:04 am

This is the game we see just how far Miami's defense has come. They struggled with running QBs early in the season - can they contain Kyler Murray?? Despite all the weapons the Cards have in the passing game, I'm not too concerned with Murray throwing because our pass D is rock solid. But can we limit Murray and Chase Edmonds on the ground??? We'll see.

The Cards' defense is decent against the pass, but not nearly as good as the Rams' D we faced last week. And their run D is weak. Even though the Phins have struggled to run, this could be the week we see them have some success.

The Cards' D will probably start the game by stacking the box to stuff the run and make Tua beat them...and that will be their undoing. Tua is going to shred this defense if they focus on the run.

Miami will again jump out to an early lead, making the Cardinal offense one-dimensional as they try to catch up. Ultimately, they will fail.

Dolphins win, 34 - 20. Tua with 2 passing TDs, Jordan Howard with 2 rushing TDs.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:07 am

CarsonChris wrote:Kid couldn’t beat Fitz out of starting.

Umm, actually, he did. Tua is the starter. He took the job from Fitz. It would have happened sooner if there was a preseason.

Remember...your boy Justin Herbert couldn't beat out Tyrod Taylor. It took a punctured lung to get Herbert on the field.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:16 am

rightchea wrote:Not expecting him to put up Burrow nor Herbert numbers but I expect him to win.

With the #1 defense in the league, we don't need Tua to throw the ball 40 times a game. Burrow and Herbert put up good numbers, but I'd rather have wins than losses and empty stats. I guarantee Tua won't miss all the open receivers or throw back-breaking INTs the way Herbert does week after week. That guy throws more passes to nowhere than anyone I've ever seen. Stats are nice, but when the losses continue to pile up, who really cares how many yards the QB threw for?

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:21 am

93 yards is abject failure in a passing league. I don’t care if it’s his first start or not. The team bailed Tia out. Williams didn’t help the stats but there are other receivers besides Williams.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:26 am

The future is bright. The first road start is almost always a tough win for every QB, no matter how talented. Tua will show progress, as will the team, but Murray and the Cardinals are further along this road than we are at this point. Arizona 26-23.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:37 am

CarsonChris wrote:93 yards is abject failure in a passing league. I don’t care if it’s his first start or not. The team bailed Tia out. Williams didn’t help the stats but there are other receivers besides Williams.

The team bailed Tua out of what? We were up 28-10 at the half...no one needed "bailing out".

Who cares how many yards we had? We won! I guess you'd rather have Jared Goff's 355 yards passing and a loss??? scratch

We started a rookie QB that hasn't played football in a year and is coming off a serious injury, against one of the league's best defenses, and we won. I really couldn't care less what the numbers look like - all that matters is winning.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:21 pm

Hey let’s rely on everyone but the QB to do their part. Tua has to do better than 93 yards. It’s not the 1940’s any more

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:42 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Hey let’s rely on everyone but the QB to do their part. Tua has to do better than 93 yards. It’s not the 1940’s any more

Maybe Tua can throw for 300 yards and lose like Herbert? Or maybe Tua can throw a redzone INT in the 4th quarter like Herbert did last week? Would that be better?

Tua will do more when he's asked to do more. Against the Rams, the blowout score dictated a conservative gameplan. That's really all there is to it.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:26 pm

Right now I have questions wether or not Tua will be able to lift the team up when it’s necessary. Will he be able to produce points. Will he be able to complete an 80 yard drive?

Is Tua the type of player you can rely on when other players are faltering? Isn’t that what we’ve all kind of said is the mark of a franchise QB?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:40 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Right now I have questions wether or not Tua will be able to lift the team up when it’s necessary. Will he be able to produce points. Will he be able to complete an 80 yard drive?

Is Tua the type of player you can rely on when other players are faltering? Isn’t that what we’ve all kind of said is the mark of a franchise QB?

Tua did it better than anyone when he was at Alabama, and he's got all the skills and tools (both tangible and intangible) to do it in the NFL. So I'd say that the chances are very good that he can develop into an elite franchise QB.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:23 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Right now I have questions wether or not Tua will be able to lift the team up when it’s necessary. Will he be able to produce points. Will he be able to complete an 80 yard drive?

So. you are making this assessment after ONE game. I don't know either, BUT, I am going to give him more than ONE freaking game to make that decision. I just wonder if there may be some other underlying reason you may have for doubting Tua.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:22 pm

This weekend will be a huge test. Breida is injured. Gaskin is injured. I hope Tua lights it up. He may need to with the poor running game and injuries to the the running backs.

There are always amazing college football players with amazing stats that fall flat in the NFL. I think, and have said this since before Tua was drafted that I think Tua will be one of those guys. He had first round talent all around him at almost every position on offense. Playing against teams that don’t have that kind of talent. It’s easy to look good on a superior team. That has always been my concern.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:41 pm

CarsonChris wrote:He had first round talent all around him at almost every position on offense. Playing against teams that don’t have that kind of talent. It’s easy to look good on a superior team. That has always been my concern.

Most top QBs have good talent around them. Joe Burrow was surrounded by even more talent than Tua was. Trevor Lawrence too. That has nothing to do with the QB's skillset. You could argue that the talent around them was so good because of them. I mean, Jerry Jeudy and Henry Ruggs haven't exactly lit up the league without Tua.

Bottom line, out of all the QBs that have ever played college football, no one ever put up a higher rating than Tua did. No one. His accuracy, ball placement and precision timing are what makes him special, along with an unquenchable desire to be the best. That has nothing to do with the players around him - that's all him.

Anyway, I get it...chicks dig the long ball, as they say. We all want the 7' tall gunslinger QB that throws for 5000 yards, 50 TDs (and 25 INTs...). It's exciting. Guys like Tua, Brees, Murray and Wilson are different animals, and the doubters come out in force against them. But it's OK...just like those other QBs I mentioned, Tua will make believers out of everyone soon enough.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:54 pm

I hope so JMP, I hope so.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:41 pm

Again for me just looking to enjoy the game and see what Tua has.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down