The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miami at Denver predictions

5 posters

Go down

Miami at Denver predictions Empty Miami at Denver predictions

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:36 am

looks like JMP already put his prediction out there in the "Looking ahead to the Broncos game" thread.

JMP wrote:Anyway, I think this is a Phins' blowout victory...something along the lines of 28 - 3.  Big game for Ahmed, defense forces a bunch of turnovers, Tua throws a couple more TDs.

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com/t2133-looking-ahead-to-the-broncos-game

while i'm onboard with the victory prediction, i wish i could be as optimistic regarding the blowout. but so far, this team seems to jump on top of inferior opponents quick and then does a calculated, conservative slow-bleed (or bad snap through the legs) ending up with just enough to win in the end. the real questions is, will they get another opportunistic defensive score/turnover to help stack the deck?

i say yes. in fact, they'll get 2. one, an outright defensive TD and another second turnover leading to a short field offensive TD. the Phins offense adds another self-created TD drive along with a FG to be be up 24-6 midway through the 3rd. and then a heavy dose of RB by committee leading to a couple of punts and a FG. the defense decides to let the Broncos feel good about themselves with a 2 meaningless late TDs. Final score...

Miami - 27
Denver - 20

...but we all know it was never that close.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Miami at Denver predictions Empty Re: Miami at Denver predictions

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:17 am

mercury22nathan wrote:while i'm onboard with the victory prediction, i wish i could be as optimistic regarding the blowout.  but so far, this team seems to jump on top of inferior opponents quick and then does a calculated, conservative slow-bleed (or bad snap through the legs) ending up with just enough to win in the end.  the real questions is, will they get another opportunistic defensive score/turnover to help stack the deck?

Shula's teams did this many many times. JJ and Wanny too. Just sayin'.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:26 am

I just don't see any way the Broncos can score on this Miami defense. Drew Lock sucks and is a turnover machine. Gordon is a good back and they have decent young receivers, but I just can't see how they'll find the endzone with Lock. Hell, they could barely score against the Raiders, and our D is much better. I think we jump out to an early lead and make their offense one-dimensional, and then it's just waiting till the game ends. I also think we can run the ball against the Broncos, and that will make a big difference in the second half.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:44 am

34-16 Dolphins

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:43 pm

41-7. If the dolphins control the running game on both sides. If it’s pass happy then 28-17
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:11 am

JMP wrote:I just don't see any way the Broncos can score on this Miami defense.  Drew Lock sucks and is a turnover machine.  Gordon is a good back and they have decent young receivers, but  I just can't see how they'll find the endzone with Lock.  Hell, they could barely score against the Raiders, and our D is much better.  I think we jump out to an early lead and make their offense one-dimensional, and then it's just waiting till the game ends.  I also think we can run the ball against the Broncos, and that will make a big difference in the second half.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:20 am

I still am awed by Jmp's prediction of the 1-6 Fins over the 7-0 Bears in '06 so I'll give him a mulligan just this once Wink

The rest of you though, should be DEEPLY ashamed Razz

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down