The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who has the #1 defense in the NFL?

+2
CarsonChris
DolFan 316
6 posters

Go down

Who has the #1 defense in the NFL? Empty Who has the #1 defense in the NFL?

Post by JMP Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:45 pm

The Miami fucking Dolphins, that's who!

In the only stat that matters, points per game, the Dolphins are # 1- allowing just 18.6 points per game!

Give it up for Coach Flo. He has done a helluva job. It's amazing how far we've come in one year.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Who has the #1 defense in the NFL? Empty Re: Who has the #1 defense in the NFL?

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:49 pm

Flores already seems like the best coach this team has had since Shula, and that includes JJ.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:16 am

DolFan 316 wrote:Flores already seems like the best coach this team has had since Shula, and that includes JJ.

He’s got JJ’s running game

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:03 am

I love D and it was great to watch. Really felt good seeing a Fin's coach NOT get outcoached.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:26 am

JEGnj wrote:Really felt good seeing a Fin's coach NOT get outcoached.

Seriously! Philbin and Gase got outcoached literally every single game...it's refreshing to have a head coach that actually knows what he's doing.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:42 am

Yes, it was definitely refreshing to see the defense play that well. Those runs to the right, left side of the defense, were a bit troubling, but the Rams never figured out the passing downs Phins defense.

We all knew Flores could coach Defense, but I was sorta wondering about the personnel moves, and those are starting to make me a believer as well.

The attitude on the team is a dramatic change from what we have seen under Philbin and Gase. Half the job of Coaching is getting the players to "buy in" IMHO. Flores has that covered it looks like.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:36 am

finfanatic wrote:Yes, it was definitely refreshing to see the defense play that well.  Those runs to the right, left side of the defense, were a bit troubling, but the Rams never figured out the passing downs Phins defense.

We all knew Flores could coach Defense, but I was sorta wondering about the personnel moves, and those are starting to make me a believer as well.

The attitude on the team is a dramatic change from what we have seen under Philbin and Gase. Half the job of Coaching is getting the players to "buy in" IMHO.   Flores has that covered it looks like.

I think the biggest difference is that it seems like the team is having fun. Gase's Dolphins were as fun as a funeral parlor, and it seemed like the players were very "tight" and constantly walking on eggshells. But this group generally seems to like each other and they enjoy playing together. Like in any other job, a happy worker = a productive worker!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:58 pm

It certainly wasn't an easy road to getting everyone to buy in: we had to trade a very talented player in Fitzpatrick who wasn't. The difference now though is that the Flores/Grier regime is getting value in return (Pittsburgh's first rounder for Fitz) versus just giving away valuable assets (Gase with Ajayi for example). So we are able to add talent to replace the talent we shed, and the incoming talent is a better fit. Kinda like what New England has been doing for 20 years.

Refreshing. The future looks bright. Even the present looks pretty good.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:01 pm

Well said, Hal!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down