The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chan is gone - UPDATE: for real this time!

+4
finfanatic
JMP
white1
CarsonChris
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chan is gone - UPDATE: for real this time! - Page 2 Empty Re: Chan is gone - UPDATE: for real this time!

Post by Killah Sith Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:55 am

And now he really is gone. I'm good with this but am alarmed that we will be getting our third OC in three years.

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Chan is gone - UPDATE: for real this time! - Page 2 Empty Re: Chan is gone - UPDATE: for real this time!

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:02 am

while the way this parting was handled seems awkward, i think it is most likely the best move in the long run.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:07 am

"Resigned" one day after Flores said his entire staff would return intact. Uh huh. Nothing fishy about that at all Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Either he suddenly realized that guys his age are supposedly more susceptible to the virus or he's taking the fall for Tua's...underwhelming performance. Or he could've gotten pissed at the fake news about him going and decided to go for real. Where there's smoke there's fire. Nobody can convince me Flores didn't want to get rid of him.

Oh well. Better than him staying only to get fired midseason anyway. Maybe the next OC Flores hires can stay more than one season?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:32 am

I just heard that George Godsey called the offensive plays in the second half of the Buffalo game.  I wasn't aware of that.  Was it an audition?  scratch

Godsey is a well-respected coach and seems to have a good rapport with Tua, so the job is his if the Phins stay in-house.  I'm OK with that - but just OK.  I'd much rather bring in a college coach that led a high-powered offense and knows how to utilize a QB like Tua.

Last edited by JMP on Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:45 am

Killah Sith wrote:And now he really is gone. I'm good with this but am alarmed that we will be getting our third OC in three years.

We need someone innovative for the job. Hired within scares me

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:49 am

CarsonChris wrote:
Killah Sith wrote:And now he really is gone.  I'm good with this but am alarmed that we will be getting our third OC in three years.

We need someone innovative for the job. Hired within scares me

Problem is, who from outside is taking the job knowing that the previous two OCs only lasted one season? Flores is cutting his own throat here. Pick somebody young and stick with him!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:04 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
Problem is, who from outside is taking the job knowing that the previous two OCs only lasted one season? Flores is cutting his own throat here.

Total non-issue. An ascending team with an extremely talented young QB? It's a VERY attractive job.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:19 pm

JMP wrote:Total non-issue. An ascending team with an extremely talented young QB?  It's a VERY attractive job.

Not with a boss that will likely fire you after one season it's not. People pay attention to that sort of thing. If Flores has to promote from within, it'll mean nobody else wanted the job for that exact reason.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:42 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:Total non-issue. An ascending team with an extremely talented young QB?  It's a VERY attractive job.

Not with a boss that will likely fire you after one season it's not. People pay attention to that sort of thing. If Flores has to promote from within, it'll mean nobody else wanted the job for that exact reason.

Nope. Flores is well-respected around the league and no one is going to hold a 69-year old Gailey retiring against him. Coaches want promotions, and openings become available whenever someone gets fired or resigns. There's nothing negative about the Dolphins' situation.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2