The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Okay, Forget Watson...

+6
JEGnj
CarsonChris
HalCHorn
white1
JMP
DolFan 316
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Okay, Forget Watson... - Page 2 Empty Re: Okay, Forget Watson...

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:58 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Don't worry guys. Dolphins are going to trade Tua straight up for Watson. One franchise caliber QB for another.

Who gets the better deal in that scenario?

Why would the Dolphins even consider trading Tua if he is the answer? Is it what he showed or failed to show last year?

Two weeks ago I was all for it but now I'd rather they just spend the #3 pick on another QB than give up 4-5 firsts for Watson. IF that's the direction they want to go. Otherwise Smith all the way.

BTW there is an actual NFL rule that I wasn't aware of until yesterday which states that teams cannot trade draft picks more than three years into the future. In other words the Fins couldn't give the Texans any picks from 2024 even if they wanted to.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:22 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
BTW there is an actual NFL rule that I wasn't aware of until yesterday which states that teams cannot trade draft picks more than three years into the future. In other words the Fins couldn't give the Texans any picks from 2024 even if they wanted to.

I didn't know that...but I bet the Rams are working hard to try to get that rule changed! Laughing

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:24 pm

Tua spoke today about his rookie season. Admits he didn't play well and isn't sure about his future in Miami.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:53 am

CarsonChris wrote:Tua spoke today about his rookie season. Admits he didn't play well and isn't sure about his future in Miami.

Here are the actual quotes:

"I would describe my rookie season as below average," Tagovailoa said on Schein on Sports on Sirius XM's Mad Dog Sports Radio. "This past season wasn't up to my expectation that I have for myself. But there were a lot of things that I was able to learn from. Being able to look at the defenses and how different all of the schemes are with defensive coordinators. Everyone runs different things. Hopefully I can compartmentalize everything and have a much better season next year."

“I would say that’s something that I can’t control," Tagovailoa told [Dan] Patrick about the [trade] speculation. "I don’t have any control over those trade deals and whatnot. But for me, my job is to help our team win games and help our offense contribute to the success of the team.”

Patrick asked Tagovailoa whether he was convinced he would be with the Dolphins next season.

“Honestly, I’m not too sure," Tagovailoa said. "Like I said, I can’t control things that I can’t control. What I can do is continue to work hard.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-quarterback-tua-tagovailoa-talks-about-his-rookie-season

Agree with everything he said here, and it's awesome to hear a professional sports player speaking honestly for a change.

I'd say Tua played "average" for a rookie - but knowing what he is capable of, he was "below average" by his standards. That's a very fair assessment.

As for the trade comments, he's absolutely right - the only thing he can control is how he prepares and gets ready for the season. Anything else is out of his hands. He's always been a player that can identify his areas of weakness, and then he attacks them and turns them into strengths. I have no doubt that he'll do the same this offseason, now that he can finally concentrate on football and not just the hip rehab. I expect him to have a big second season.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:46 am

more reason to forget Watson (as if more was needed). scant few details but...

...he has filed a lawsuit against Deshaun Watson, the Texans' quarterback put out a statement saying he looks forward to clearing his name.

...did not specify the allegations against Watson in his post but referenced behavior with women and later told FOX 26 in Houston that "Watson went too far" with a woman who was giving him a massage.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31079126/lawsuit-filed-deshaun-watson-says-looks-forward-clearing-name

legit suit or baseless blackmail attempt? why file a civil suit? was there a criminal complaint and investigation?

no matter, i still say there is no way the Texans trade Watson...despite almost every other Miami Herald article working in something to effect of. "...it all makes sense, IF the Phins are planning to add Watson." hahaha.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:56 am

The Texans aren't trading Watson.  They were never going to.

But to add to this discussion, Watson supposedly said - for the second time, if you believe such things - that he doesn't want to play in Miami or New York.  So hopefully this "Watson to Dolphins" rumor, that never should have been started in the first place, gets buried once and and for all.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:03 am

PFT reporting Panthers are going to make a very strong push to get Watson.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/17/report-panthers-are-locked-in-on-trading-for-deshaun-watson/

I can still dream, can't I? Smile
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:45 pm

white1 wrote:PFT reporting Panthers are going to make a very strong push to get Watson.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/17/report-panthers-are-locked-in-on-trading-for-deshaun-watson/

Since we're dreaming:

What if the Panthers trade for Watson? They will of course give up a ton of picks to get him. The Texans will then be sitting at 8, which would mean they miss out on all the top QB prospects.

SO...

Can we get the Texans to give us a few of their their newly-acquired picks to move up to 3???? geek santa sunny cheers Basketball afro

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:26 pm

In that scenario, that's exactly what I think would happen. The Panthers don't have a QB of value to give in return, so deal will be draft picks and prob a veteran player or two.

Fins could get good value moving down to 8...
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:08 pm

JMP wrote:
white1 wrote:PFT reporting Panthers are going to make a very strong push to get Watson.  

Since we're dreaming:

What if the Panthers trade for Watson?  They will of course give up a ton of picks to get him.  The Texans will then be sitting at 8, which would mean they miss out on all the top QB prospects.

SO...

Can we get the Texans to give us a few of their their newly-acquired picks to move up to 3????   geek santa sunny cheers Basketball afro

That would be, like, the most hilarious thing E-VER (hehe) Laughing Laughing Laughing Yes, I've randomly decided to post like a teen girl today.

But seriously, I found something very interesting (if only to me) yesterday. Did you know that since 2011 the Texans have actually never had two losing seasons in a row and only three in the last ten? But...but...I thought they were a complete dumpster fire! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Just another example of how the mediots constantly attempt to define reality, and how far too many people still fall for it. Just like the narrative that Watson's the victim somehow after agreeing to a multi-year contract AFTER Hopkins was traded that had a no-trade clause he wanted put in.

You want a dumpster fire? The Panthers are the team that actually had their owner cancelled for wrongthink, lost their coach who promptly made the playoffs in his first season elsewhere, and since their last Super Bowl appearance (which is looking more fluky by the day) have had 4 losing seasons out of the last 5, or more than the Texans have had in a decade. But hey, I'm sure a me-first guy like Watson who's shown the world he'll whine even when everything goes his way will make them totally better, right? Laughing Laughing Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:42 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:

Since we're dreaming:

What if the Panthers trade for Watson?  They will of course give up a ton of picks to get him.  The Texans will then be sitting at 8, which would mean they miss out on all the top QB prospects.

SO...

Can we get the Texans to give us a few of their their newly-acquired picks to move up to 3????   geek santa sunny cheers Basketball afro

That would be, like, the most hilarious thing E-VER (hehe) Laughing Laughing Laughing Yes, I've randomly decided to post like a teen girl today.

But seriously, I found something very interesting (if only to me) yesterday. Did you know that since 2011 the Texans have actually never had two losing seasons in a row and only three in the last ten? But...but...I thought they were a complete dumpster fire! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Just another example of how the mediots constantly attempt to define reality, and how far too many people still fall for it. Just like the narrative that Watson's the victim somehow after agreeing to a multi-year contract AFTER Hopkins was traded that had a no-trade clause he wanted put in.

You want a dumpster fire? The Panthers are the team that actually had their owner cancelled for wrongthink, lost their coach who promptly made the playoffs in his first season elsewhere, and since their last Super Bowl appearance (which is looking more fluky by the day) have had 4 losing seasons out of the last 5, or more than the Texans have had in a decade. But hey, I'm sure a me-first guy like Watson who's shown the world he'll whine even when everything goes his way will make them totally better, right? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing

Good post, teen girl language aside.

I think the dumpster fire tag came about due to the horrible trades, and the fact that no matter what they do their OL sucks and they can never run the ball. And then of course the team just imploded in every way last season, while Bill O'Brien was the head coach AND defacto GM. Add in a QB that was so happy he cried tears of joy when signing an extension to stay in Houston, and then less than a year later can't wait to leave - and now supposedly sexually assaulted a masseuse. If they're not a dumpster fire yet, they are well on their way!

But yes, they have been more successful than your typical dumpster fire team...although you could argue that they should have won more games and gone much further than they did in 2018 and 2019.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:46 pm

Texans didn't become a laughing stock until the Hopkins trade with Arizona. At least the Tunsil trade, while great value for us, made some sense for Houston since they badly needed to protect Watson. It made no sense to trade Arizona a top notch WR for a RB that Arizona was likely about to cut, a 2nd rounder and a 4th rounder.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:50 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Texans didn't become a laughing stock until the Hopkins trade with Arizona.  At least the Tunsil trade, while great value for us, made some sense for Houston since they badly needed to protect Watson.  It made no sense to trade Arizona a top notch WR for a RB that Arizona was likely about to cut, a 2nd rounder and a 4th rounder.

And yet, Watson willingly agreed to stay in Houston for multiple years AFTER that trade was made. But the media doesn't want anybody to let that annoying fact get in the way of their "Watson's a modern day slave!" narrative.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:13 pm

I think we can officially scratch him off the list, for real. Third lawsuit filed and lawyer says there will be a total of 6.

No team is going to trade the draft capital the Texans want for a player with that kind of baggage. He's more valuable to Houston as they work through the legal issues and try and retain their franchise QB while limiting the damage to the greatest extent possible.

It's ride or die with Tua. I hope he makes us proud...
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:24 pm

I totally forgot about that! It's hilarious seeing the mediots trip all over themselves to try and spin this as "the Texans are just trying to make Watson look bad!" after YEARS of insisting that every other sexual misconduct accusation of every other man by every other woman is completely and absolutely true even with no proof.

The more I read about Watson the more I'm sick of him. He's one of the most extreme hypocrites ever, and in today's world that's saying something!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:31 pm

Damn, these Watson lawsuits are ugly. The women's allegations are pretty detailed and at least sound like they could be true. Of course, who knows for sure - but right now it looks like he's fucked. 6 lawsuits is no joke.

Now I see why the Texans gave Tyrod Taylor a deal worth up to $12.5 million...they probably assume Watson will face some type of suspension.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:24 am

JMP wrote:Damn, these Watson lawsuits are ugly.  The women's allegations are pretty detailed and at least sound like they could be true.  Of course, who knows for sure - but right now it looks like he's fucked.  6 lawsuits is no joke.  

Now I see why the Texans gave Tyrod Taylor a deal worth up to $12.5 million...they probably assume Watson will face some type of suspension.

Where's the feminist outrage and the SJW mob screaming for Watson to be cancelled? Whoops, I almost forgot that only men they don't like are treated that way and when men they do like are accused they all suddenly have better things to do somehow Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:44 am

i'm wondering how much of this issue played into Watson's apparent overnight change of attitude towards staying in Houston. this has apparently been going on behind the scenes for quite a while with the accusers trying to settle (albeit for large sums of cash).

Sept 2020 - allegations quietly first surface.

Watson: i'm being framed. they're targeting me as a famous athlete.
Houston: we understand. we will do our best to defend and stand behind you against these baseless accusations.
Watson: i LOVE Houston!

January 2021 - lawyer reveals he has text messages.

Houston: Ew, this doesn't look good. We must allow the due legal process to take place.
Watson: WTF!! i hate you! i want out of Houston!!!!

Reporters: why Deshaun? we thought you loved Houston.
Watson: [radio silence]

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:36 pm

Merc, I might start calling you The Hammer now because you just NAILED it cheers cheers cheers

The truth ALWAYS comes out, no matter how hard the media tries to suppress and twist it. Unfortunately by the time it does the media has established a narrative that lots of people have already fallen for and aren't about to let go of.

It's been a *long* time since I've rooted so hard for someone to get what he deserves as much as I am for Watson. None of this SJW garbage means a damn thing if he's still allowed to play the victim and gets off scot free. #cancelwatson

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:41 pm

Now up to 7 lawsuits, and the NFL has opened an official investigation. No criminal investigation yet, but it is probably just a matter of time.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:19 pm

Yikes!! This is ugly.

I guess we are about to see just how woke the WFL...er NFL... IS?

And during National Women's Month too!

How appalling!

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:40 pm

One accusation by a woman of sexual misconduct is so hit or miss that the truth of it *must* be checked out, and the deliberate refusal of so many societal institutions to do so while choosing to assume it's true by rote is absurdly disgusting.

Even two accusations is still a bit iffy. But SEVEN??? The odds of *all* of them being false have got to be less than 10% methinks.

But again, #metoo doesn't count if the media is openly rooting for the man being accused. See Biden, Joe.

Remember, this is the same NFL who tried their best to pretend Ray Rice didn't happen even after conclusive video evidence. And they would've gotten away with it too, if not for those rotten kids.

(BTW I just turned 48 and in all my life this year is the first I ever heard of March being National Women's Month. Go figure. First time the GF ever heard of it too.)

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:49 pm

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/19/attorney-five-more-cases-will-be-filed-against-deshaun-watson/

This comment summed things up perfectly IMO, and just makes the media waffling look even more ridiculous.

What would be the end game for the Texans to be involved in an elaborate smear campaign? If any truth to the accusations they have no QB and they have no trade chip.

And yet the same media who's tried so desperately to make you believe that Watson's a victim being held hostage after willingly signing a multi-year deal after the Hopkins trade specifically adding a no-trade clause would now have you believe that the Texans are somehow involved in a conspiracy to make Watson look bad because...well, they haven't quite worked out that part of it yet. Because if I'm asking for the moon, the sun and the stars to trade my starting QB the obvious thing to do would be to arrange for multiple women to accuse him of sexual misconduct, right? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:50 pm

Uh oh...it's now up to TWELVE lawsuits, and there could be as many as 20 when all is said and done. Again, still just civil suits for now...but I'm thinking a criminal investigation HAS to be done with the number that high.

Great post, 316. And I appreciate the Scooby Doo reference too!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:52 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
What would be the end game for the Texans to be involved in an elaborate smear campaign? If any truth to the accusations they have no QB and they have no trade chip.

And yet the same media who's tried so desperately to make you believe that Watson's a victim being held hostage after willingly signing a multi-year deal after the Hopkins trade specifically adding a no-trade clause would now have you believe that the Texans are somehow involved in a conspiracy to make Watson look bad because...well, they haven't quite worked out that part of it yet. Because if I'm asking for the moon, the sun and the stars to trade my starting QB the obvious thing to do would be to arrange for multiple women to accuse him of sexual misconduct, right? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Complete absurdity. WTF??? The Texans certainly don't benefit in any way from this. Media = crazy.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next