The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deshaun Watson thread

+7
Umix10
DolFan 316
Degarmo
white1
JMP
CarsonChris
mercury22nathan
11 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Deshaun Watson thread Empty Deshaun Watson thread

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:52 am

what???  when will the lunacy end?  the NFL Network is still claiming the Dolphins are the most likely landing spot for Deshaun Watson.

Here are four NFL teams that would still be interested in making a deal for Watson, according to the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo.

1. Miami Dolphins

The Dolphins have pillaged the Texans already. Why not acquire their franchise quarterback? The move would involve a first-round pick and 2020 first-rounder Tua Tagovailoa. It could involve a significant piece other than quarterback if third-round pick Davis Mills shows any promise.

https://sports.yahoo.com/4-teams-still-interested-trading-155056271.html

are Rapoport and Garafolo really staking their reputations on this or have they sold out like the rest of he hacks just to get their names out there during this dead time of year?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Deshaun Watson thread Empty Re: Deshaun Watson thread

Post by CarsonChris Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:21 am

A franchise caliber QB is hard to come by. I don't like Watson though.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:58 am

LOL this stuff is hilarious. No real news, so why not just make shit up? jocolor

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:44 pm

Not to be the dissenting vote on purpose.... but I would like to see us get Watson.

My deal would be Tua, Howard and a 1st for Watson.

Assumption: All legal trouble is cleared. Of course, this would never get done if any civil/ criminal lawsuit is still in progress. If Watson is NOT cleared, he'll likely never play again - so let's take the legal part out of the equation.

A young, probowl caliber QB does not come available. Ever. Watson is a proven talent, even last year without Hopkins he still had an excellent season.

I think you eliminate the risk Tua does not pan out, and you handle QB for the foreseeable future.

Now that I think of it... Aaron Rodgers could be a deal with GB as well. Similar package. But do you want a QB at the end of his career, or early?
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:44 am

I'll offer to take over half Watson's contract and that's it.  You (Houston) want me to give you a bunch of talent and picks for a disease/cancer?  Fuck off.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:38 pm

Rolling Eyes Can't imagine why any Dolfan would want a selfish, cowardly, cap-destroying QB coming off a 4-win season, who has never won a damn thing. It truly is mind-boggling to me. This isn't fantasy football.

This Dolphins staff is attempting to build a perennial contender, a team that is built in an intelligent, sustainable way that can compete for many years. Emphasis on the word TEAM...in other words, the face of the franchise is not going to be a selfish, "me first" piece of crap.

Not to mention: nobody knows when, or even if, Watson will be eligible to play football again one the dust settles on the 20+ sexual assault charges (yeah, that's the guy I want leading my team) filed against him.

Say what you want about Tua, but his story is not yet written. He's young, cheap and has leadership and character - and he's a winner. Let's give him a chance before we throw away a bunch of picks/players/money to acquire some other team's used trash.

JMP
Admin

Degarmo and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:33 am

You make a great point JMP, I guess the only way to explain my thinking is perhaps the constant barrage from the media has me doubting Tua. They've worn me down and now I'm worried he won't be the guy.

I don't agree with the narrative on Watson. The Texans are a rolling dumpster fire, and it's all due to that shady front office character that somehow went from team chaplain to the owner's right hand man. It's a fascinating story.

The pending legal action notwithstanding, Watson has been an excellent player and character since Clemson. Proven by the team investing in him long term. I don't hold him accountable for his displeasure with a franchise that seems totally lost - and it starts at the top. Really no way to fix that, unless the "top" is changed - and that does not appear likely for the foreseeable future.

Do I hope and pray Tua IS our franchise QB and he proves it? Yes, I would like nothing more.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:53 pm

white1 wrote:You make a great point JMP, I guess the only way to explain my thinking is perhaps the constant barrage from the media has me doubting Tua.  They've worn me down and now I'm worried he won't be the guy.

He's not, but that doesn't mean Watson is. If Grier was actually dumb enough to trade for him, then the league would suddenly decide Watson's very real sexual misconduct (that put lives at risk during a pandemic no less) was a serious issue after all, and he'd wind up never playing a down for the Fins this season plus want to renegotiate his contract and it would be Howard Part 2.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:18 pm

It's the media that drives everything. I, like any other fan will have to wait till the start of the season to see what is really going on.

By all accounts thus far, Miami has shown an enormous amount of restraint and some guts to not buy into the hype. If they wanted Watson, truly wanted Watson, they would have signed him prior to the allegations and legal trouble, when he could stop saying he was never going to play for the Texans. And son far, they have shown that same moxie not to give into Xavien Howard.
Umix10
Umix10

JMP, Degarmo and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:20 pm

The Dolphins have done a fantastic job of getting the cap in order both now and in the future, and they have also amassed lots of draft picks. The plan is to build a team that will compete every year. The key to the plan is that they now have a young, cheap QB to build the team around.

I cannot imagine any scenario where the Dolphins blow up the entire plan they have followed for 3 years in order to acquire an expensive veteran QB, let alone one with tons of baggage. Deshaun Watson is NOT going to be a Dolphin, nor should he be. Grier and Flores are too smart to throw away everything they've done to chase a high-priced, losing, selfish, possibly (probably) criminal QB...period.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:25 pm

Umix10 wrote:It's the media that drives everything. I, like any other fan will have to wait till the start of the season to see what is really going on.  

By all accounts thus far, Miami has shown an enormous amount of restraint and some guts to not buy into the hype.  If they wanted Watson, truly wanted Watson, they would have signed him prior to the allegations and legal trouble, when he could stop saying he was never going to play for the Texans. And son far, they have shown that same moxie not to give into Xavien Howard.  

IKR? It's almost as if this team's gotten some actual common sense, or something Shocked Shocked Shocked

And how stupid is the media for not even realizing they literally cannot afford Watson and Howard at the same time?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:28 am

The Houston Texans, after initially insisting they would not trade Deshaun Watson, shifted their stance on the quarterback's trade availability earlier this offseason and have been willing to field offers from interested teams, sources confirm to ESPN.

The Texans already have had preliminary discussions with other teams about Watson, who reported to training camp Sunday, but don't feel they have received a serious offer, according to sources.

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, the Texans' price for Watson has been a combination of five high draft picks and starting caliber players, according to two league executives.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31888473/sources-houston-texans-now-willing-trade-qb-deshaun-watson

HAHAHA!!! 5? 5 high draft picks...and starting, not player, but playerS?!?! good luck. that's like: "we're saying we'll trade him to shut him up, but in actuality we know no one will ever offer that."

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:56 am

I love how after all that yammering, Watson still reported on time because even he knows he's got no leverage Laughing Laughing Laughing

And I hope he gets nailed to the wall regarding his treatment of women.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:04 pm

5 high draft picks. They've been smoking more crack than Hunter Biden!

CarsonChris

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:52 pm

A few brief comments on the latest:

He's not going anywhere until he is cleared legally of all charges.

No one is paying that price. Ever.

Rodgers could be had cheaper.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:19 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:
The Houston Texans, after initially insisting they would not trade Deshaun Watson, shifted their stance on the quarterback's trade availability earlier this offseason and have been willing to field offers from interested teams, sources confirm to ESPN.

The Texans already have had preliminary discussions with other teams about Watson, who reported to training camp Sunday, but don't feel they have received a serious offer, according to sources.

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, the Texans' price for Watson has been a combination of five high draft picks and starting caliber players, according to two league executives.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31888473/sources-houston-texans-now-willing-trade-qb-deshaun-watson

HAHAHA!!!  5?  5 high draft picks...and starting, not player, but playerS?!?!  good luck.  that's like: "we're saying we'll trade him to shut him up, but in actuality we know no one will ever offer that."

Yeah, seems to me that the Texans are indirectly saying "We are not trading Watson." Of course, this whole story is most likely bullshit anyway, because that's what the media does, but the reality is that no team is even going to consider a trade unless and until both the legal and league issues are settled. Because as I've said, no one knows if or when Watson will even be available to play.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:32 am

JMP wrote:...until both the legal and league issues are settled.

and it looks like things have gotten worse for Watson. there are apparently 2 more women not already represented within the 22 in the civil litigation that have contacted the Houston police according to Watson's own lawyer.

"There are 10 women that have made complaints to the [Houston] police," Hardin said.

Eight of the women, according to Hardin, are among the 22 women who have alleged in lawsuits that Watson sexually assaulted them or engaged in sexually inappropriate behavior during massage sessions.

Two of the women who have filed complaints with Houston police, Hardin said, have not filed lawsuits against Watson.

"There are a couple of women who we don't know anything about," Hardin said.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31890699/two-women-new-allegations-10-file-police-complaints-texans-qb-deshaun-watson

that would seemingly void the idea all these women were just out for a payday. nonetheless, the Miami Herald stick to it's shoddy journalism insisting the Dolphins are still in the Watson hunt.

The Houston Texans are now willing to listen to trade offers for disgruntled quarterback Deshaun Watson and the Dolphins have not eliminated themselves from the running, according to a source with direct knowledge.

While the Dolphins remain interested to see how Tua Tagovailoa develops, they also continue to do due diligence to see if landing the three-time Pro Bowl quarterback is realistic, the source said.

In other words, Tagovailoa’s improvement this offseason — and Watson’s ongoing legal issues — did not cause the Dolphins to decide that they definitely won’t pursue Watson.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article253029343.html

so the Dolphins haven't officially announced they have "eliminated themselves from the running" ergo they must be hot for Watson. stupid! umm, the KC Chiefs and Buffalo Bills have not issued official statements they have "eliminated themselves from the running" but i am pretty sure there is no chance they are trading for Watson either.

but if you want to believe unnamed secret sources, be my guest. if you want to believe an actual named NFL official who has gone on record to say that Dolphins can't get Watson, then i would go with that...

“The Dolphins traded the pick they needed to possibly get one of these QBs [such as Watson] if Tua isn’t the guy,” former Eagles president Joe Banner recently said on Twitter. “All to get the WR they prefer [Jaylen Waddle]. Great move by Eagles, big mistake by Dolphins. All in on Tua with no back up path.”

his conclusion about it being a mistake aside, the fact that Miami chose to expend resources on Waddle effectively took them out of the Watson derby. that was not a mistake - it was a CHOICE to build around Tua and forgo any ridiculous thought of obtaining Watson.

but hey media, go ahead and continue speculating that Miami wants Watson. dummies.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:57 am

The situation for Watson just gets worse and worse, yet people still think some team is going to trade for him. It's beyond absurd at this point.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:21 am

Again, where's the feminist outrage???

Oh, I almost forgot, the only men who ever commit sexual misconduct are the ones they don't personally like. Never mind.

BTW I am absolutely loving how Merc is keeping abreast of this situation Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:39 am

Feminist outrage is reserved for men of a different political affiliation. They don't care about anyone that votes for or is affiliated with the Democrat party.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:56 am

CarsonChris wrote:Feminist outrage is reserved for men of a different political affiliation. They don't care about anyone that votes for or is affiliated with the Democrat party.

That's where I was going with it. The hypocrisy is mind-blowing. And not just concerning feminism either.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:18 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Feminist outrage is reserved for men of a different political affiliation. They don't care about anyone that votes for or is affiliated with the Democrat party.

That's really not even close to true.  Feminist outrage is aimed at non-servile males, of any political affiliation.  Look at Louis CK, or Chris Hardwick, or Joe Rogan, or, well, you get the idea.  Feminists hate all men equally if they don't cuck down to their bidding.  They'll love a slave until they get uppity and say something even remotely male, like, "Hey, what do you want for dinner," which will be proceeded by a 10-minute lecture to the man about how they should never assume to speak to them in a questioning manner and they should STFU and wait for them to be told what the MAN will make for dinner (or get from Door Dash) for them, and perhaps, just maybe, the man can have something he enjoys too, if he's been good and hasn't taken the foot out of his ass.

That's why you see more "liberals" being "tolerated" by feminists, because they're subservient to their ridiculous agenda to rid the world of testosterone.  Generally, you don't see a lot of men on the right acting that way towards these neo-feminist crazies, so there are little optics on that in the press.

The whole thing is disgusting.  Some insane feminist studies teachers in universities who preach literal extermination of most men (keeping enough around to breed), Twitter Twats constantly blaming everything on violent males (even though I'm not sure there's a female leader in history that hasn't got her country into a war), social justice assholes who think words are more important than actions, and universities kowtowing to these little shits on the basis that their human rights are being violated, which they aren't, and I'm looking forward to when they all inevitably take their ass kicking in the real world.

Backwards, sociopathic, narcissists, the lot of 'em.  As I made my mantra back in 2019, "Fuck these people."

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:21 pm

Oh, and Watson and the Texans can go pound sand too with their 200 draft pick request.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:27 pm

Watson isn't worth a bag of chips at the moment. 10 pending crimes against women. Until he pays them off he will be untouchable.

CarsonChris

Degarmo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:30 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Watson isn't worth a bag of chips at the moment.  10 pending crimes against women. Until he pays them off he will be untouchable.

That's okay, he'll just touch them himself whenever he wants. He's cool like that. cherry

Degarmo

HalCHorn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next