The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Okay, Forget Watson...

+6
JEGnj
CarsonChris
HalCHorn
white1
JMP
DolFan 316
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Okay, Forget Watson... - Page 3 Empty Re: Okay, Forget Watson...

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:00 pm

Remember the rumor just days ago that the Panthers were the one team actually willing to give the Texans close to what they wanted for Watson?

Methinks they'll now be attempting to trade up with the Fins on draft day Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:06 pm

JMP wrote:Uh oh...it's now up to TWELVE lawsuits, and there could be as many as 20 when all is said and done.  Again, still just civil suits for now...but I'm thinking a criminal investigation HAS to be done with the number that high.

Great post, 316.  And I appreciate the Scooby Doo reference too!

I channeled my inner Degarmo on that one, it just seemed like something he'd say Smile

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:50 pm

This guy can Vick his way around the field all he wants to the great accolades of the media.  I doubt he'll ever win anything of merit other than that.  Perhaps he can be another king of excuses when it's all said and done.

316, your inner Degarmo is well received Wink

Degarmo

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:01 am

Man, the Texans have hit the skids it seems.

I don't know why, but I always thought DF316 was more of a Scrappy Doo fan?

Laughing Laughing
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:22 am

The real issue with Watson is he wasn't willing to play ball for the Texans. Amazing how much dirt the NFL covers up for prime time players as long as they toe the line.

If Watson shits up and crawls back to ownership I bet this all goes away as women just looking for a payout.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:30 am

CarsonChris wrote:The real issue with Watson is he wasn't willing to play ball for the Texans. Amazing how much dirt the NFL covers up for prime time players as long as they toe the line.

If Watson shits up and crawls back to ownership I bet this all goes away as women just looking for a payout.

It seems like a lot of people are dismissing these women's stories because so far their are "only" civil lawsuits and nothing criminal. I think that's crazy.

With the way the justice system treats victims of sexual abuse, it is much easier, quicker and safer to file a civil suit, and it is also, of course, more rewarding. I don't blame them one bit for taking the path they've chosen. They may be looking for a payout, but does that really matter if Watson is actually guilty of these crimes? I'm not saying he is or he isn't guilty...but would anyone really be surprised if these accusations are true? A rich entitled superstar athlete treating women like his own personal playthings? It certainly wouldn't be the first time, or the last.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Killah Sith likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:36 pm

We don't hear about issues like this unless the NFL player gets out of line. Watson dared to exert his power. The owners took exception. There would be no complaints if Watson toed the line. Go along to get along. If he falls back in line watch the accusations disappear. That's the power of the NFL.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:13 pm

CarsonChris wrote:We don't hear about issues like this unless the NFL player gets out of line. Watson dared to exert his power. The owners took exception. There would be no complaints if Watson toed the line. Go along to get along. If he falls back in line watch the accusations disappear. That's the power of the NFL.

I don't buy that at all. The last thing the NFL or the Texans want is this type of bad press, especially to a popular player like Watson. My bet is he is guilty of most, if not all, of this.

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:22 pm

Killah Sith wrote:I don't buy that at all.  The last thing the NFL or the Texans want is this type of bad press, especially to a popular player like Watson.  My bet is he is guilty of most, if not all, of this.

THANK YOU!!! cheers cheers cheers

We disagree about the other thing (Locksley signing) but I'm glad to see you back nonetheless Very Happy

If someone really is trying to set a person up to look bad they're not going to pay off 10 people to make false accusations when just one will do. Makes no sense.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:28 pm

CarsonChris wrote:We don't hear about issues like this unless the NFL player gets out of line. Watson dared to exert his power. The owners took exception. There would be no complaints if Watson toed the line. Go along to get along. If he falls back in line watch the accusations disappear. That's the power of the NFL.

I'm really surprised at you for taking this stance, after all this time speaking out against bad character types.

Also, what power would that be? A verbal agreement (that we don't even know for sure is even true) that Watson somehow get a say in who the Texans draft and sign? Verbal agreements don't mean squat and anybody with an ounce of common sense knows to get any agreement in writing. If Watson actually believes otherwise that just shows how utterly lacking in the brains department he is. (As does somehow assuming that physically leaving a place will automatically erase all past misdeeds committed in said place. Seriously, what the hell is he thinking?)

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:50 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
Killah Sith wrote:I don't buy that at all.  The last thing the NFL or the Texans want is this type of bad press, especially to a popular player like Watson.  My bet is he is guilty of most, if not all, of this.

THANK YOU!!! cheers cheers cheers

We disagree about the other thing (Locksley signing) but I'm glad to see you back nonetheless Very Happy

If someone really is trying to set a person up to look bad they're not going to pay off 10 people to make false accusations when just one will do. Makes no sense.

Yes and I've been seeing this all around. People actually believe that the Texans purposely did this to Watson thinking that his stock would be so low that nobody would trade for him so they could keep them. That makes absolutely no sense at all on so many levels.

No problem with differing opinions. If we all believed the exact same thing on everything life would be boring. I don't know enough about the Locksley situation to form a true opinion on him. My thing is I trust Grier and Flores on this stuff. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it won't work out. I do know this. If this guy is on the straight and narrow and ends up becoming a big time playmaker 99.9% of those opposed to him now won't care then. Tyreek Hill is a great example of that, even after he had drama last summer.

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:50 pm

And it keep mushrooming...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/23/deshaun-watson-lawsuits-up-to-14-with-24-accusers/

Yeah, he's guilty. The only question is whether the NFL is going to completely go against every single modern societal rule and ignore this, while yammering on about how "woke" they are.

Anyone who trades for Watson now is legitimately not fit to dress and feed himself.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:54 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:And it keep mushrooming...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/23/deshaun-watson-lawsuits-up-to-14-with-24-accusers/

Yeah, he's guilty. The only question is whether the NFL is going to completely go against every single modern societal rule and ignore this, while yammering on about how "woke" they are.

Anyone who trades for Watson now is legitimately not fit to dress and feed himself.

It sucks that NFL punishments are completely at the whim of Goodell. You just never know what he's going to do...throw the book at a player that had all charges dropped (Zeke Elliott) or completely ignore child abuse allegations with another player (Tyreek Hill). There's no rhyme or reason to what Goodell does. In this day and age, with everything that's been going on with the Me Too movement and all that, I can't imagine that Goodell would ignore this Watson stuff. But you just never know.

And yeah, any team that even thinks about trading for Watson now should just drop out of the league.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:55 pm

Yeah, I'm baffled by the conspiracy theory that Watson is being set up by the Texans. So that they can....risk getting him suspended by the league, possibly for all of 2021 and have to start Tyrod Taylor for 16 games?

???

On Goodell, well, Tyrell Hill can get away scot free with child abuse allegations, but Adrian Peterson gets suspended essentially an entire season for spanking his son, FWIW. So at least it isn't about how big a star you are to the league. It's about...well....hmm.....I can't seem to figure this out either...

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:59 pm

HalCHorn wrote:On Goodell, well, Tyrell Hill can get away scot free with child abuse allegations, but Adrian Peterson gets suspended essentially an entire season for spanking his son, FWIW.  So at least it isn't about how big a star you are to the league.   It's about...well....hmm.....I can't seem to figure this out either...

It really is insane. Hard to imagine that a multi-billion dollar industry can be run that way, but it is what it is.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:52 pm

Goodell is a nitwit. He seems to base his decisions on opinion polling.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:58 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Yeah, I'm baffled by the conspiracy theory that Watson is being set up by the Texans.  So that they can....risk getting him suspended by the league, possibly for all of 2021 and have to start Tyrod Taylor for 16 games?

???

On Goodell, well, Tyrell Hill can get away scot free with child abuse allegations, but Adrian Peterson gets suspended essentially an entire season for spanking his son, FWIW.  So at least it isn't about how big a star you are to the league.   It's about...well....hmm.....I can't seem to figure this out either...

It's always about money. It may not be readily apparent, but the reason will always be money, in some way or another.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:53 am

Degarmo wrote:It's always about money.  It may not be readily apparent, but the reason will always be money, in some way or another.

this is so true...100%

the decision about punishment may seem arbitrary, but...well, see above.

Lawyers:  Adrian Peterson beat his kid.
Goodell:  Hmm, let me check with my advertisers...umm, i mean advisors.
Advertisers:  Minnesota?  do they even still have a team?  [checks Nielsen ratings and cost per minute for add in Minneapolis market]  umm, yea, throw the book at him.

Lawyers:  Tyreek Hill beat his kid.
Goodell:  Advisors?
Advertisers:  Ooooh, Kansas City!  they have that real nice Pat My Hommie kid.  he's great.  addidas.  gatorade.  bose.  oh, and those ads with Aaron Rodgers are so cute. [puts hands in pants]  we can't do anything to hurt his team.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:54 pm

God help us if anybody from this team gets into that kind of trouble considering the media and league's hatred of the Fins for decades affraid pale

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:25 pm

Watson might become a FA if the Texans drop him. First team that promises him a happy ending can sign him.

CarsonChris

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:05 am

A serial massage-therapist abuser!!

That's almost as bad as being a dog-killer IMHO!

Rolling Eyes
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 pm

Since Watson and Robert Kraft both enjoy happy endings, maybe the Patriots bring in Watson?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3