The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FIRE GRIER!!! DO IT NOW!!!

+3
white1
CarsonChris
DolFan 316
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FIRE GRIER!!! DO IT NOW!!!  Empty FIRE GRIER!!! DO IT NOW!!!

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:09 pm

I knew I'd be making this post at some point so I figured why wait? It's not as if this team's going to actually win a game anytime soon.

You'd literally have to try on purpose to build a roster as pathetically putrid as this one with all the extra picks Grier had. Hell, I think if someone DID try on purpose they'd wind up actually doing better!!!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

FIRE GRIER!!! DO IT NOW!!!  Empty Re: FIRE GRIER!!! DO IT NOW!!!

Post by CarsonChris Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:22 pm

Should have been done years ago

CarsonChris

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:46 pm

I honestly have no idea how Ross ever became a billionaire, because he's an absolutely horrible judge of character who gets fooled by anyone who sucks up to him and keeps them around for years even if they couldn't be more awful at their jobs. If I was as bad at hiring people as Ross, I'd have been robbed blind AND deaf a long time ago.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:38 am

I keep checking the wire, nobody is fired yet.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:53 am

I keep checking here to see if Jmp posted anything, I think this loss finally broke him Crying or Very sad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:16 am

I don't blame JMP one bit. That game yesterday was very, very difficult to watch. Just abject failure from the offense.

Exactly what we've come to expect on defense too - some good plays but ultimately, always giving up the big play in key situations.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:06 am

I was busy yesterday and watched the game late on my DVR. Honestly, I fast forwarded through most of the second half. I wanted to watch the Sunday night game, and didn't have a chance to get on the board. But I'm here now. No official game thread, but my thoughts are in the thread that 316 started.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:16 pm

Grier has been great at accumulating picks, not very good at all at making them count.

And it is looking like a BIG blunder to have given that first rounder back to move from 12 to 6 right now. That's looking like a top 10 pick next year.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:32 pm

Even Tunsil played guard for a year maybe try that with Jackson?
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:33 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Grier has been great at accumulating picks, not very good at all at making them count.

And it is looking like a BIG blunder to have given that first rounder back to move from 12 to 6 right now.  That's looking like a top 10 pick next year.

That #12 pick got swapped around a bit, didn't it? Parsons was the pick there, and at the time I didn't want him because character issues but now it seems like he's playing well and would've been a far better pick than anyone Grier actually took in the first the last two years! That figures Evil or Very Mad Also could've had Rashawn Slater or...dare I say it...Mac Jones there. Even Zaven Collins might've been nice. Or maybe the Eagles pick Waddle and I get Smith at 12 who I wanted all along. Or Grier could've just traded from 3 to 6 to begin with.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:49 am

I was hoping we would stay at 12 and I thought for sure we were looking at a target like Slater or Parsons.

In hindsight, Slater would have been an awesome pick. Play him at LT, kick Jackson in to LG, and you've got this with Dieter, Hunt, Davis on the right side. I would wager we would have an effective running game with that line, and much better in pass pro too.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:24 am

white1 wrote:I was hoping we would stay at 12 and I thought for sure we were looking at a target like Slater or Parsons.  

In hindsight, Slater would have been an awesome pick.  Play him at LT, kick Jackson in to LG, and you've got this with Dieter, Hunt, Davis on the right side.  I would wager we would have an effective running game with that line, and much better in pass pro too.

And I'd wager that Slater would be a total bust in this piece of crap offense, with coaches that don't know what the hell they're doing.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:26 am

Slater would've been better than Jackson. Hell, an inanimate piece of wood would be better than Jackson.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:47 pm

Grier needs to go. His picks are injured or inactive. He is a complete failure.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:18 am

It's clear Miami doesn't have the talent to compete. Miami would be the #1 redraft team based on player needs and misses. It's not just 1 draft that Grier blew in talent evaluation. It's every draft.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:00 am

I don't think the problems that plague the Dolphins are all related to talent. In fact, I think this team has plenty of talent to compete.

The problems on offense are mostly oaching related IMO. The OL coach sucks, and the playcalling is mediocre at best.

On defense, I honestly don't know what the problem is. On paper, this is a very good defense talent-wise, and we know the coaching staff has been great in the past. I just can't explain why they are so bad this season.

Anyway, my point is - this is isn't just on Grier, it is on Flores and his coaches as well.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:34 pm

Every team has talent. Jacksonville has talent. The Jets have talent. This team has talent. The draft isn't only on who you picked but on who you didn't. Grier is a monumental bust on who he should have picked vs who he did pick.

The top 3 picks last year on creeping up on bust status. The top pick this year is mediocre. We wheeled and dealed to get the 3rd or 4th best receiver in the draft. We lost this years top 5 pick doing it. We have no priority in the running game and no line or running back that can produce. No QB to rely on from the draft. Nobody is worried about facing Tua. Nobody is worried about anything in our offense right now. Total failure.

The players that had injury histories are injured. Failure across the board.

CarsonChris

JEGnj and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:51 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Every team has talent. Jacksonville has talent. The Jets have talent. This team has talent. The draft isn't only on who you picked but on who you didn't. Grier is a monumental bust on who he should have picked vs who he did pick.

The top 3 picks last year on creeping up on bust status. The top pick this year is mediocre. We wheeled and dealed to get the 3rd or 4th best receiver in the draft. We lost this years top 5 pick doing it. We have no priority in the running game and no line or running back that can produce. No QB to rely on from the draft. Nobody is worried about facing Tua. Nobody is worried about anything in our offense right now. Total failure.

The players that had injury histories are injured. Failure across the board.

All teams miss on draft picks and could have made better picks - that's the nature of the beast. Seems to me, the best teams have strong coaching that enables them to develop players and put them in position to succeed. You can look at the Dolphins last year: our young OL showed promise when we had a veteran OL coach and veteran OC, and now they have regressed under a first-time OL coach and first-time OCs. I don't think that's a coincidence. The Bills haven't exactly had great drafts the last few years - but they have a great head coach and OC and were able to turn their crappy rookie QB into gold. I would argue that it's not so much about who you draft - it's what you do with them that matters. Like I said elsewhere, I guarantee you that Herbert would not have looked this good if the Dolphins drafted him - we'd all be calling him a bust right now if he had to play behind this OL.

I'm in favor of firing Grier if this ship sinks, because we'll need a fresh start if this fails. But I'm not ready to say that every player sucks when we have a coaching staff that's been so horrendous this season.

As far as Tua, he is nowhere near bust status. I get that you hate him, but he's far from a bust. If the Dolphins ever get a real OL and coaching staff, he'll be a top QB.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:54 pm

I don't hate Tua I just don't think he's a good enough player at the most important position on the team. Could he become good or great?

He's undersized, not a particularly strong thrower, and not exceedingly fast. His best attribute is accuracy. Is that enough? It worked for Brees but it took Brees 4 years to develop. Does Miami have the patience to allow Tua to develop? Can he stay on the field long enough to develop? Will the coaching staff and front office be here for the time it takes him to develop or will he be kicked to the curb with a regime change?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:46 pm

I guess you think Kyler Murray is undersized too. He's arguably the NFL's top QB right now - and Tua is bigger than him. The league has changed.

Tua has missed 3 games, let's not act like he never plays.

Tua has 16 total TDs compared to 7 total turnovers, and has an 8-3 record. So yeah, I think the Dolphins can continue to let him develop.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:53 pm

JMP wrote:I guess you think Kyler Murray is undersized too. He's arguably the NFL's top QB right now - and Tua is bigger than him. The league has changed.

Tua has 16 total TDs compared to 7 total turnovers, and has an 8-3 record. So yeah, I think the Dolphins can continue to let him develop.

Murray has a stronger arm and is less injury prone. Those things are facts. Not a hill you want to die on, I think.

It remains to be seen whether or not Tua comes back. Personally I think he shouldn't be flying halfway across the planet with sore ribs but maybe that's just me. But if the Fins actually lose to a 0-5 team whose coach has completely lost the locker room then it won't matter how Tua performs if he plays, it'll be just another black mark against him.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:27 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:I guess you think Kyler Murray is undersized too. He's arguably the NFL's top QB right now - and Tua is bigger than him. The league has changed.

Murray has a stronger arm and is less injury prone. Those things are facts. Not a hill you want to die on, I think.

It remains to be seen whether or not Tua comes back. Personally I think he shouldn't be flying halfway across the planet with sore ribs but maybe that's just me. But if the Fins actually lose to a 0-5 team whose coach has completely lost the locker room then it won't matter how Tua performs if he plays, it'll be just another black mark against him.

The argument was that Tua is "undersized". If Kyler Murray is big enough to play in the NFL, then so is Tua - who is bigger.

I agree that Tua shouldn't make the trip to London, but the team is desperate - I'm sure they'll rush him back.

But Tua is the least of this team's problems right now, anyway - the coaching staff and it's inability to utilize talent is the biggest current issue.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:58 am

But Tua is the least of this team's problems right now, anyway - the coaching staff and it's inability to utilize talent is the biggest current issue.

JMP
Admin

Agreed. The fact this problem has extended into the defense is particularly troubling. We all felt that the defense would be something we could count on to keep us in games, and steady the ship as the offense developed over time. Instead, we have been totally embarrassed on that side of the ball - at least by the Bills and Tampa. The Raiders lit us up pretty good also.

It's a mystery - and not a good one.
white1
white1

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:06 am

These undersized QB's you throw out there have superior athleticism that I haven't seen Tua display in the NFL. The ability to run. Tua just isn't there yet. Luckily he gets to come back against Jacksonville. This should be the easiest win in the NFL this weekend. Tua should have an 80% completion percentage and multiple td's.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:06 am

Brees and Russell Wilson changed the NFL's view on undersized QB's. Murray is proving a lot of people wrong. (For the record, I'm one of those people. I was thinking the big MLB contract was a better bet than trying to survive in the NFL as a 5'10" QB. In the words of the Fonz, I was wrrrrr....I was wrrrrr......)

Tua has worked hard, has strong character, certainly could come back and prove a lot of people wrong too, and I hope like Hell he does.

Still....Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Jackson....all of them had big questions about the translation of their game to this level. Arguably four of the top 5 QB's in the league right now. Other coaching staffs seem to develop the position well, why can't we? Who is the last young QB we coached up into something? Scott Mitchell is the last one I can remember, and that's nearly 30 years ago. Tannehill doesn't count, he improved dramatically once he went somewhere else, so he got no help from a coach who didn't want him (Philbin).

HalCHorn

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next