The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyreek Hill is a Dolphin!!!

+6
finskev
CarsonChris
HalCHorn
white1
Umix10
JMP
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tyreek Hill is a Dolphin!!! Empty Tyreek Hill is a Dolphin!!!

Post by JMP Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:48 pm

Just reported on NFLN:

Phins trade 2022 1st, 2nd and 4th plus 2023 4th and 6th to the Chiefs for Tyreek MOTHERFUCKIN' Hill!

HOLY SHIT!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

I LOVE the player, but I need time to process.  That's a HUGE amount to give up - plus we will have to sign him to the largest WR contract of all-time.  

One thing's for sure: the Miami Dolphins are ALL IN!!!!!!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tyreek Hill is a Dolphin!!! Empty Re: Tyreek Hill is a Dolphin!!!

Post by JMP Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:52 pm

Cheers to Umix for the breaking the news first in the free agency thread! cheers

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:52 pm

Grier is a pimp for that move alone.

Bet Flores is kicking himself in the ass.

Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:54 pm

JMP wrote:Cheers to Umix for the breaking the news first in the free agency thread!  cheers

Oh man can EA Sports hurry the hell up with Madden 23. I want the updated roster without having to do it myself
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:54 pm

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
The #Dolphins are signing Tyreek Hill to a three-year, $75 million extension as part of the trade from the #Chiefs, per source. So he's now under contract through the 2025 season at $23.8M per year overall.

By most metrics, the NFL's new highest-paid receiver.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:56 pm

Adam Beasley
@AdamHBeasley

Tua Tagovailoa has:

One of the best offensive minds in football
Perhaps the fastest group of WRs in football
One of the 5 best left tackles in football
One of the 10 best tight ends in football
A dynamic stable of running backs

Absolutely no excuses now
12:39 PM · Mar 23, 2022

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:57 pm

I was hoping a multiple player trade which includes Byron Jones but I think thats the other mic drop.

I think Miami will try to get back in the 2nd round at least using Byron Jones. I also think that the if they can swing Jones. Gilmore might be in play
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:00 pm

JMP wrote:
Adam Beasley
@AdamHBeasley

Tua Tagovailoa has:

One of the best offensive minds in football
Perhaps the fastest group of WRs in football
One of the 5 best left tackles in football
One of the 10 best tight ends in football
A dynamic stable of running backs

Absolutely no excuses now
12:39 PM · Mar 23, 2022

Lol this just tells me that he recognizes that this is what was missing.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:01 pm

Serious question: Does DeVante Parker even make this team? And second question, who really cares if he doesn't? Smile
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:08 pm

Kudos to Grier for getting it done and also setting it up with all that cap space.  

And for getting it done without touching the two first rounders in 2023!

One more thought. Watson ended up with $46M per year when traded. We got Hill ($23.8M per), Armstead ($15M per) and Williams ($7M per) for that. Much better use of resources.

Last edited by HalCHorn on Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

HalCHorn

JMP and white1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:10 pm

Agree, Hal. This draft will be kind of a "non-event" for us and that's fine. There are really no more "glaring" holes on the roster.

Sure, I'd like an upgrade at LB, but that's one of the least important positions on the field. With our 3rd round pick, I would prefer the team look for value at either EDGE or CB. Or Center/Guard.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:49 pm

Somebody check Grier's temperature, first player he's signed without a significant injury history!

CarsonChris

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:55 pm

white1 wrote:Serious question:  Does DeVante Parker even make this team? And second question, who really cares if he doesn't? Smile

Actually, thinking about it, I think this move might make Parker more valuable to the Phins. Waddle and Hill are both short, obviously, at 5'10". Wilson is tall (6'2"), but under 200 pounds. Parker, on the other hand, is 6'3", 220 pounds. We absolutely need a big, strong receiver in this lineup, and Parker fits the bill. Of course, we also have Gesicki as a big-bodied slot receiver, but I really think Parker can play a valuable role as an intermediate and red zone target. He is overpaid to be a part-time role player like that, but maybe that helps him stay healthy?

Having said all that - it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Phins trade Parker and look to add a big receiver in the draft or after post-draft cuts.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:57 pm

HalCHorn wrote:

One more thought.  Watson ended up with $46M per year when traded.  We got Hill ($23.8M per), Armstead ($15M per) and Williams ($7M per) for that.  Much better use of resources.

This is such a brilliant observation! In Miami, Watson would have been playing behind the same garbage OL we had last season, and throwing the ball to one WR. The team is about a million times better with the moves we made by not getting Watson.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:01 pm

Umix10 wrote:I was hoping a multiple player trade which includes Byron Jones but I think thats the other mic drop.

I think Miami will try to get back in the 2nd round at least using Byron Jones.  I also think that the if they can swing Jones.  Gilmore might be in play

I don't think there's any chance that Jones gets moved, but then again I never thought Tyreek would get traded either! Jones is such a big part of this defense, and we'd be worse off without him.

Gilmore hasn't been able to stay healthy. I wouldn't touch him in free agency.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:06 pm

Barry Jackson
@flasportsbuzz

And remember, even though Tua threw only 29 passes of 20 or more air yards in 2021, he completed 14 of them, second best percentage in league, narrowly behind Herbert. Who knows what would happen if he threw more?

NFL on CBS 🏈
@NFLonCBS

Passes thrown 20+ Yards Downfield since 2020

Tyreek Hill: 10 Rec TD, most in NFL
Tua Tagovailoa: 44.3% Comp pct, 3rd best in NFL

Basketball

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:19 pm

Love this Trade due to the Player and the Fact that it gives Grier 5 less chances to screw up a Draft Choice. Laughing

finskev

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:22 pm

I love the move BUT I hope it just does not affect signing Gesicki to a long term contract.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:19 am

Best teams build through the draft. FA signings are exciting but to some extent they show how bad drafting causes loss of picks and money which usually cause more of a downhill slide in the long run. Hope the bandaid works. Still prefer Grier gone.

Bad drafting = 3 left tackles in 3 years with the solution an often injured LT signed in FA.

CarsonChris

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:10 am

CarsonChris wrote:Best teams build through the draft. FA signings are exciting but to some extent they show how bad drafting causes loss of picks and money which usually cause more of a downhill slide in the long run. Hope the bandaid works. Still prefer Grier gone.

Bad drafting = 3 left tackles in 3 years with the solution an often injured LT signed in FA.

This team has been built through the draft. Now we're at the stage where we can fill holes in free agency. That was the plan when the Phins completely gutted the roster, and Grier has followed through with it. It's the exact same way the Rams have built their team.

And the great part is, unlike the Rams, the Dolphins have plenty of future draft picks and avenues for future cap space. This team has been built to compete for a long time, not just 2 years.

It's been a long, hard road - but there is FINALLY light at the end of this tunnel.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:14 am

JEGnj wrote:I love the move BUT I hope it just does not affect signing Gesicki to a long term contract.

With the cap going up every year - potentially a HUGE jump in the next few years - it shouldn't be a problem to keep Gesicki and Wilkins long-term. The bigger issue will be if Tua turns into a legit franchise QB this season - he'll be due for a massive payday, possibly as early as 2023 if he has a big 2022 season.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:47 am

The Jets didn’t land Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill, but not for a lack of trying.

Joe Douglas offered the 35th, 38th and 69th picks in exchange for Hill and the 103rd pick, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. The Chiefs would have accepted that package, Schefter added, but only if Hill wanted to go to the Jets.

In the end, Hill chose the Dolphins, who traded their first-, second- and fourth-round picks in 2022 as well as their fourth- and sixth-round picks in 2023, per Schefter. Miami also agreed to terms with Hill on a four-year, $120 million contract extension with $72.2 million guaranteed.

The lack of a first-round pick in the Jets’ offer is a bit shocking considering New York owns the fourth and 10th overall selections, but New York’s proposed trade was actually more valuable than Miami’s. The Jets would have sent 1,305 points in the deal, according to the Jimmy Johnson draft pick value chart and received Hill and 88 points back. The Dolphins, meanwhile, sent between 1087-1092 points back in 2022 draft pick compensation as well as two more late-round picks in 2023.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jets-offered-chiefs-tyreek-hill-175225902.html

hmm, imagine that. a highly prized NFL star actually choosing to go to Miami. kind of goes against the false narrative that Miami is a disaster and nobody wants to go there. i can only imagine how inept and disheveled this offense would look if Flores was still in control. and of course everyone would be all too happy to blame it on Tua.

Miami Dolphins' offense, meet the 21st century.

mercury22nathan

JMP, DolFan 316 and HalCHorn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:19 pm

The Dolphins are better built to succeed than the Jets right now.

Also not insignificant, and not to get too political: New York has insanely high taxes and even more insane Covid restrictions; Florida doesn't even have a state income tax and has a surgeon general with common sense. And a better climate. If I had a choice between working in one or the other, it'd be an easy choice right now.

HalCHorn

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:47 pm

Hill getting to come Home and Play and Everything else Y’all said makes it so much better than the Jets.

finskev

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:07 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:

hmm, imagine that.  a highly prized NFL star actually choosing to go to Miami.  kind of goes against the false narrative that Miami is a disaster and nobody wants to go there.  i can only imagine how inept and disheveled this offense would look if Flores was still in control.  and of course everyone would be all too happy to blame it on Tua.

Miami Dolphins' offense, meet the 21st century.

We always hear about "culture change" when a new coach takes over. Most of the time it amounts to nothing.

But this time feels different. Free agents are now signing with the Dolphins because they want to be in Miami and more importantly they want to work with Mike McDaniel. The way our new players have talked about McDaniel really speaks volumes to the type of coach he can be.

And now we have Tyreek Hill, involved in a trade and having his choice of teams - and he says "I want to play for the Dolphins".

I feel like we're building something special here. We still have a few holes to fill, but this team is built to compete right now. Step one will be beating Buffalo at least once - and winning the division. A few weeks ago, those seemed like impossible goals. Now, they are well within sight.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next