The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyreek Hill is a Dolphin!!!

+6
finskev
CarsonChris
HalCHorn
white1
Umix10
JMP
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tyreek Hill is a Dolphin!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyreek Hill is a Dolphin!!!

Post by JMP Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:13 pm

white1 wrote:Serious question:  Does DeVante Parker even make this team?

Well, it seems like teams are interested in Parker - but who knows if the Phins are actually looking to move him.

NBC Sports Edge wrote:Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that "several teams" have shown interest in Dolphins WR DeVante Parker.

The Eagles were singled out in this report. After bringing in Tyreek Hill, Parker has clearly faltered in importance to the Dolphins. Philadelphia struck out on major wideouts in free agency, bringing in only Zach Pascal. Parker has a $8.7 million cap hit for 2022, but could restructure as part of a trade. He's entering his age-29 season and could be a boost for another team while recouping a small bit of the draft value Miami gave up for Hill.

I doubt we'd get more than a 5 for Parker - probably a 6. Wishful thinking, but if we could somehow squeeze a 4th out of a team, it would be great to recover at least one of the picks we traded for Hill.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:59 pm

Hill already saying what I want to hear:

Cameron Wolfe
@CameronWolfe

Tyreek Hill on how close he was to choosing the Jets: “WHO? I always knew I was going to choose Miami no matter what this basically home for me.”

3:27 PM · Mar 24, 2022 from Scott Lake, FL

Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:00 pm

Ari Meirov
@MySportsUpdate

New #Dolphins WR Tyreek Hill: "Tua is one of the most accurate quarterbacks in the NFL, man. His ball placement, getting us the ball in space and us utilizing our speed. That's dangerous."
3:18 PM · Mar 24, 2022

But...but...but...Tua sucks! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:05 pm

This site has clips of 2 NYC sports radio shows (on WFAN and ESPN Radio) talking about how the Dolphins essentially stole Hill from the Jets. Priceless. I do listen to both shows, but didn't get to hear them yesterday so this is cool. I'm sure JEG knows these guys.

https://dolphinstalk.com/2022/03/tyreek-hill-teases-jets-fans-nyc-sports-talk-radio-on-tyreek-picking-miami-over-ny/

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:16 am

Tua doesnt have to throw "mahomes" deep. Speed kills vertically no doubt. But my guess is they want Hill in space and quick. Same for Waddle. Man is almost impossible now. Zones will be a nightmare because Gesicki will do his thing in the seams.

Combine that on what should be a better, quicker, faster running game and Tua has an Alabama offense in the pros.

Bunch formations, quick rpo's, 4 wide with Gesicki are literally gonna give defenses nightmares.
Umix10
Umix10

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:51 am

I cannot believe nobody has mentioned the REASON McDaniel wanted Hill?

He was looking for a version of Deabo!! And he got a faster one!!

I admit, the Armstead signing and then the trade for Hill and all those picks going away, my initial reaction was "Same old cannot draft to save their souls Phins having to pay for free agents"... AGAIN.

Giving up those picks HURTS, but... Not as much with the prospect of Hill becoming the Miami version of Deabo Samuels!!

If...If...McDaniels can do for Hill what he did for Deabo, the Phins PAID WAY LESS THAN MARKET VALUE IMHO!!

Add in, the Phins not only have Hill ready to "Deabo", they have Hill-Lite in Waddle ready to "Deabo" also.

With anywhere close to a half-decent O-line, this McDaniel Phins Offense could be FAIRLY DANGEROUS!!!

Now... Lest we all go overboard on the adrenaline rush from the Hill signing...

Lets remember a few things:
One - No assurance the Oline is gonna be fixed. I would guess, HECK YEAH it is going to be better, but...
Two - McDaniels has NEVER been a Head Coach before, so... Players loving him ain't the same thing as being a HC.
Three - Hill choosing Miami over NY is not a sign the Phins are the "shyte!" in the NFL IMO... No it is more a sign nobody in their right minds wants to be associated with the absolute asinine governing going on in that state/area...Hill LIVES in Miami, trains in Miami...and how quickly we forget, the $120 million other reasons Hill got to sign in Miami.

But I do agree, McDaniel has a good rep. Lets hope it only gets better as he actually starts coaching.

I do like the thought processes the free agency period is showing us that is going on between Grier and McDaniels. I do think it bodes well for the future.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:59 am

I must say that in all the years I have been posting with FF, I have never seen him bold so many words in a single post before Shocked Shocked Shocked And I think I like it cheers

Isn't NYC where unvaxxed NBA players can enter an arena but can't actually play in a game there? 'Nuff said.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:06 am

Yeah, the dingbat Mayor just dropped the Vax requirement for performers and athletes, but the danged Pretzel girl and other workers at the stadium can't go to work without being vaxxed!!

I do not know why I am still stunned by the level of sick insanity going on nowadays, but... I am.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:27 am

finfanatic wrote:I cannot believe nobody has mentioned the REASON McDaniel wanted Hill?

He was looking for a version of Deabo!! And he got a faster one!!

I admit, the Armstead signing and then the trade for Hill and all those picks going away, my initial reaction was "Same old cannot draft to save their souls Phins having to pay for free agents"... AGAIN.

Giving up those picks HURTS, but... Not as much with the prospect of Hill becoming the Miami version of Deabo Samuels!!

If...If...McDaniels can do for Hill what he did for Deabo, the Phins PAID WAY LESS THAN MARKET VALUE IMHO!!

Add in, the Phins not only have Hill ready to "Deabo", they have Hill-Lite in Waddle ready to "Deabo" also.

With anywhere close to a half-decent O-line, this McDaniel Phins Offense could be FAIRLY DANGEROUS!!!

Now... Lest we all go overboard on the adrenaline rush from the Hill signing...

Lets remember a few things:
One - No assurance the Oline is gonna be fixed. I would guess, HECK YEAH it is going to be better, but...
Two - McDaniels has NEVER been a Head Coach before, so... Players loving him ain't the same thing as being a HC.
Three - Hill choosing Miami over NY is not a sign the Phins are the "shyte!" in the NFL IMO... No it is more a sign nobody in their right minds wants to be associated with the absolute asinine governing going on in that state/area...Hill LIVES in Miami, trains in Miami...and how quickly we forget, the $120 million other reasons Hill got to sign in Miami.

But I do agree, McDaniel has a good rep. Lets hope it only gets better as he actually starts coaching.

I do like the thought processes the free agency period is showing us that is going on between Grier and McDaniels. I do think it bodes well for the future.

I don't view Hill as a Deebo-type player at all. Deebo is bigger, stronger and when he takes a handoff he can line up as a traditional RB and run between the tackles. Hill is significantly smaller and faster, and when he takes a handoff it is typically on a sweep (technically a pass) or an end-around/reverse where he can run outside. You'll never see - or you shouldn't ever see - Hill taking a traditional handoff and running between the tackles. But what you get in Hill is a player that can score from literally anywhere on the field at literally any time - from behind the line, at the line, short, intermediate, deep, etc. He is the most electric player in the NFL, and he can single-handedly dominate games.

As for your 3 points:
>>Never assurances of anything, but this line is absolutely better than last season's, and there's really no debate. Better players and better coaching.

>>But the reason players love him isn't just because he's a cool guy. It's because he knows exactly how to attack defenses and design creative gameplans that utilize players' strengths. There's a reason every player we signed used words like "genius" and "guru". Yes, he is a first-time head coach - but he's been in the league for nearly 15 years and has been on some of the league's top coaching staffs.

>>Living in Miami is certainly a big factor, but the Jets were prepared to offer Hill the same contract. And according to many people around the league, Zach Wilson is the Next Big Thing and Tua sucks, and the Dolphins are a joke. Yet all of a sudden, some of the top players in the NFL want to be Dolphins. As for living in NY, keep in mind that no one gets endorsement money like they do playing here - NO ONE. Hell, he'd probably have a thousand-foot billboard in Times Square if he played for the Jets. New York is still the media king in this country, and if you're an athlete you can make more money than anywhere else in advertising deals alone.

Anyway, the bottom line is, McDaniel has been here for just a couple of months and he has already taken this team from an "also-ran" to a legit contender. They have to prove it on the field, but with the improved roster and improved coaching staff, they are now in position to win.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 and HalCHorn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:36 am

I agree... I doubt we see Hill running dives and traps, but I think McDaniels has a PLAN for Hill that is not simply in a WR role. Or at least I hope so.

And the possibilities when you factor in Waddle and Hill together....

We shall see.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:42 am

finfanatic wrote:I agree... I doubt we see Hill running dives and traps, but I think McDaniels has a PLAN for Hill that is not simply in a WR role. Or at least I hope so.

And the possibilities when you factor in Waddle and Hill together....

We shall see.

Yeah, I look at guys like Waddle, Hill, Gesicki, Edmonds and even Bowden (if he makes the team) and all the flexibility that they have, and I see all sorts of possibilities for a creative coaching staff. The possible formations and plays are literally endless! It's really cool and I expect a super-exciting offense - something we haven't seen in Miami since Marino's prime.

One formation that would be cool would be a 4-receiver set with Wilson on one side and a triple-bunch with Waddle, Hill and Edmonds on the other side. That amount of speed on the field at one time, in that formation, would be deadly! Good luck defending that! Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:55 pm

What's really insane is that there are still rumblings on social media that "Grier isn't done yet". One source said "some of what I'm hearing is insane."

Very curious. The Hill trade broke out of nowhere and within hours of the first rumor I read - just be ready for another shocker, no idea what it will / could be...
white1
white1

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:43 pm

In fact, just reading PFT for a bit I had an idea.

On the "insane" side of the coin, what if it's a trade for Kyler Murray? Definitely a dynamic playmaker, and I'm not sure Kliff is getting the most out of that team - witness the unceremonious "bounce" from the playoffs.

He's disgruntled, wants a new contract, and the Cardinals don't appear to be aligned on value. Could it be a Tua plus picks PLUS X Howard or something for Murray, and he gets the new contract from us?
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:16 pm

white1 wrote:In fact, just reading PFT for a bit I had an idea.

On the "insane" side of the coin, what if it's a trade for Kyler Murray? Definitely a dynamic playmaker, and I'm not sure Kliff is getting the most out of that team - witness the unceremonious "bounce" from the playoffs.

He's disgruntled, wants a new contract, and the  Cardinals don't appear to be aligned on value.  Could it be a Tua plus picks PLUS X Howard or something for Murray, and he gets the new contract from us?

Interesting idea. I find it hard to believe that the Cards would trade Murray, because even with his late-season breakdowns he is still a major talent. I also would rather have Tua for two reasons: he's MUCH cheaper, and he's got a much(?) higher ceiling of untapped potential. And if Howard is included, that greatly weakens a defense in a season where we expect big things. So I would not be in favor of this trade at all...in fact, I'd hate it!

I'd also add that I think all these rumors about Tua being replaced are complete crap. Every move McDaniel has made so far has been done to put Tua in the best position to win. This offense is an ideal match for Tua, and it really makes no sense to move on from him before he's even taken a single snap.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:43 pm

Yeah, if Tua gets traded just weeks after McDaniel is on video telling him how much he's "all-in" on him, how can any of the players take anything he says seriously ever again?

Besides, Murray's just another pouter who hasn't actually won anything. Lots of players like that in the NFL today. Let them be other teams' problem.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:18 am

The more I think about Hill on this team, the more I think Waddle might be in line for a historic season. Think about it...he set the rookie reception record while being doubled constantly. This season, he will see single every time he's on the field with Hill. That will allow Waddle to DOMINATE. This is some next-level shit.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:42 am

JMP wrote:The more I think about Hill on this team, the more I think Waddle might be in line for a historic season. Think about it...he set the rookie reception record while being doubled constantly.  This season, he will see single every time he's on the field with Hill. That will allow Waddle to DOMINATE.  This is some next-level shit.  

I agree. The possibilities are staggering. I just had a talk see below...where the triple reverse option pass was brought up!

I just talked to a So Fla friend who has a friend who knows someone, so...take this with a grain of salt or three.  Trade rumors are dealing with Howard it seems?

If you look at this contract, I doubt the Phins CAN trade Howard... Seems like a lot of dead money the Phins would have to eat.

Howard Contract

Tyreek Hill is a Dolphin!!! - Page 2 Screen14

The 2023 dead cap number is much more manageable IMO.

So, trade Howard for picks, hope to draft a CB to fill in this year, or struggle this season with what you have, sign free agent CB who will want Howard money?
None of these options seem very logical to me.

I am thinking this is just unfounded rumors hopefully.

But... If the Phins can draft a CB who shows potential this season, they COULD move on from Howard with a trade in 2023 with a cap hit of 3.9 MILL.

Gotta draft a CB this season and hope he is not a total stinker like Iggy!

Again, the specter of bad drafting ruins things for the Phins. Just Imagine if Iggy HAD WORKED OUT...They could have traded Howard off when he went all goober after his breakout season.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:17 pm

I hate to say it, but trading Howard HAS to be the weird, wild, totally insane white1 is referring to. Imagine trading him for a pick high enough to land, say, "Sauce" Gardner? scratch Good thing I'm not doing mocks right now, eh?

Just like defensive oriented head coaches tend to not value offense, the reverse is true for offensive oriented head coaches. Notice how all the FA signings have been on offense.

And I still say Iggy needs to be moved to WR. If any coach is going to do it, it's McDaniel.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:42 pm

I don't think Howard gets traded this year. Next offseason is a much more likely scenario.

One of the "Grier isn't done yet" rumors I've heard is that the Phins have been talking with Tyrann Mathieu. I don't believe the rumor, but people are talking about it. He'd make a great secondary even better, but seems like more of an unnecessary luxury when LB and C are still glaring needs.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:49 pm

JMP wrote:I don't think Howard gets traded this year.  Next offseason is a much more likely scenario.

One of the "Grier isn't done yet" rumors I've heard is that the Phins have been talking with Tyrann Mathieu. I don't believe the rumor, but people are talking about it. He'd make a great secondary even better, but seems like more of an unnecessary luxury when LB and C are still glaring needs.

That's it, then. Howard's out and Matthieu is in. IMO that's a downgrade but Grier's gonna Grier. He just can't help himself.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:16 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:I don't think Howard gets traded this year.  Next offseason is a much more likely scenario.

That's it, then. Howard's out and Matthieu is in. IMO that's a downgrade but Grier's gonna Grier. He just can't help himself.

I don't see Howard getting traded...this is clearly an "all in" year, and you're not going to trade your best defensive player if that's the case. My guess is they'll end up restructuring his contract to add cap space for this season, and he'll end up being a Dolphin this year and next year. After that...who knows.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:51 pm

JMP wrote:

Well, there goes that idea:

Joe Schad
@schadjoe
Dolphins not in on Tyrann Mathieu per Chris Grier
3:32 PM · Mar 28, 2022

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:18 pm

Grier has said he has had calls about Parker and... Dieter???

I can see the Parker calls, but Dieter?

I would hang onto Dieter and see if they can upgrade in the draft.

Parker... Meh... Reliability and Availability are the best abilities, and you can never count on Parker being there IMO. But I doubt anyone would be willing to give up anything VALUABLE for him.

Having the option of Parker running routes this season would be more valuable IMHO, than a 5th or 6th round pick.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:24 pm

In the mock drafts I'm definitely not doing, Romeo Doubs always seems to be there at the Fins' first pick. He's not as big as Parker but at 6'2" 204 he's not small either and seems faster and less injury-prone.

That whole "catching the ball" thing is a but of an issue, though.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:26 am

Yeah, I keep seeing David Bell and Justin Ross available at #102.

Would they REALLY draft a WR with the first pick after signing Wilson, trading all that loot and paying up big bucks for Hill???

Grier might just do it I guess if any GM would.

Doubs started out rising some and then seemed to be dropping.
Same for Jalen Tolbert from U of So.Bama.

JMP - MLB Leo Chenal is now ranked 82 on the PFN Mock Draft rankings! He has really shot up the boards.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next