The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phins sign veteran punter Thomas Morstead

5 posters

Go down

Phins sign veteran punter Thomas Morstead Empty Phins sign veteran punter Thomas Morstead

Post by JMP Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:15 am

Adam Caplan
@caplannfl
#Dolphins are signing P Thomas Morstead to a 1-yr deal, source said.
10:54 AM · Apr 8, 2022

Morstead has been in the league forever and has had a very good career. It's just a one-year deal, and it would surprise me if the team brings in an undrafted rookie to compete.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Phins sign veteran punter Thomas Morstead Empty Re: Phins sign veteran punter Thomas Morstead

Post by finfanatic Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:58 pm

Or uses their 3rd pick to draft the "Punt God!"

Shocked

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Phins sign veteran punter Thomas Morstead Empty Re: Phins sign veteran punter Thomas Morstead

Post by JMP Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:41 pm

With so few picks, I doubt they draft a punter - but there are a couple good ones in this class, so who knows???

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:05 pm

I swear, if Grier drafts ANY punter with his first pick, I'm seeking him out and slapping him Will Smith-style. And then I'm REALLY going to get angry...

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:38 am

Seems the Fins are going FA with 1 or 2 year contracts and then going to utilize the 2023 draft capital to keep building.
JEGnj
JEGnj

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:38 pm

Tua averaged one sustained drive per game last year. The punt god might be the best option. Imagine having a punter kick 80 yards after Tua puts up his 3 and out. Change the field and let the defense get a short field.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:02 pm

I'd rather imagine Tua leading a TD drive, which is going to happen often this season. Everything is in place for this offense to be special.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:53 am

Yeah, it is looking less and less likely that the "Punt God" will be materializing in Miami.

If they trade down for a few more picks, they might get a punter like Camarda from GA in the 7th maybe? But I think they might just bring in another Vet or an UDFA for a training camp punt off.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down