The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draft thread

+3
HalCHorn
DolFan 316
JMP
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Draft thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Draft thread

Post by JEGnj Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:20 am

I like the pick. We need a pro-bowl caliber LB we have been missing for years. Not sure if this will be it but gotta keep trying.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:03 pm

No need to trade up for Tom, he's here at 125---along with a host of other very good options.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:07 pm

Not a fan of Ezukamna here only because I feel there are better options. He does fill the need for a physical WR but Tom, Robinson, Tariq Woolen, were all better options here. A trade down would have worked too.

HalCHorn

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:15 pm

Why waste the pick on a WR? WR and TE not any issue. Just don't get it.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:57 pm

Just checking in for a minute before I have to go back out again. The Packers picked who Grier should have--with both their 4th rounders. My draft grade has now dropped from an A to a C. Tom was RIGHT THERE and even if that's not the direction Grier wanted to go he had Doubs right there as well and instead did his usual thing of ignoring the better players to take some jamoke I've never heard of. SMH Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad This is why the Packers always make the playoffs and this team doesn't.

I don't even care who the 7th rounders are now. If Tom had been the pick I'd have been ecstatic but now I just feel...meh. Grier had damn well better sign Tretter to make up for this. So much for that visit with Tom and all that raving about him we heard about Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

IDIOTS!!!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:59 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Not a fan of Ezukamna here only because I feel there are better options.  He does fill the need for a physical WR but Tom, Robinson, Tariq Woolen, were all better options here.  A trade down would have worked too.

Might as well have!!! Hell, Tom wasn't taken until 140! I hate day 3, it's totally ruined my vibe Evil or Very Mad Who the hell is Eric Ezukanma anyway? Leave it to Grier to pick the ONE WR in this draft class I've never heard or read anything about! BLEH!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:17 pm

I like Tua but was a Sam Howell fan since I live in Howell NJ.
Oh well. Would love a project behind Tua.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:26 pm

And the two 7ths are wasted on some random OLB from Cal I've never heard of who Grier thought was better than Jeffrey Gunter and probably was the only GM to have this bum on his board and...a QB. Yup, a QB. Might as well have spent it on a punter.

Oh BTW Ariaza is a Bill so the offense better get used to starting from inside the 5 in those games.

What a waste. Literally might as well have traded every day 3 pick away for something next year. SMH.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:37 pm

Grier couldn't even be bothered to draft Dohnovan West or Alec Lindstrom in the 7th because he thought it would help the team win more to draft a QB instead. Why is he still employed again?

Seriously, after the fluky Tindall pick he could not have blown the rest of this draft any worse. We could've made better day 3 picks throwing darts at a board. While blindfolded.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:38 pm

JEGnj wrote:I like Tua but was a Sam Howell fan since I live in Howell NJ.

Well...you got your wish at least. I think.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:10 pm

49ers took a better QB with the last pick of the draft than Grier did.

How crazy were the PFF ratings? Kellen Diesch was in their top 80 players and IRL he's undrafted. Maybe Grier can sign West or Lindstrom now? He has to sign *somebody* at center, right?

Jaivon Heiligh is only slightly smaller than Ekuzanma and still out there. IMO he is better.

Noah Elliss is a big body to stop the run who I almost always took in the 7th of my mocks, IMO he'd be worth a look-see.

I'll leave it to Hal to cover all the undrafted RBs out there.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon May 02, 2022 4:38 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JEGnj wrote:I like Tua but was a Sam Howell fan since I live in Howell NJ.

Well...you got your wish at least. I think.

For a 7th rounder, it doesn't hurt to give him a look. I know very little about him but people seem to speak highly of him. Always a good idea to draft a developmental QB, although I didn't think the Phins would this year with so few picks.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon May 02, 2022 4:42 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:And the two 7ths are wasted on some random OLB from Cal I've never heard of who Grier thought was better than Jeffrey Gunter and probably was the only GM to have this bum on his board and...a QB. Yup, a QB. Might as well have spent it on a punter.

Oh BTW Ariaza is a Bill so the offense better get used to starting from inside the 5 in those games.

What a waste. Literally might as well have traded every day 3 pick away for something next year. SMH.

Ariaza was the third punter drafted. The knock on him is he gets no hangtime on his punts.

Like I said before, I don't see these picks as a waste at all. Teams should be drafting developmental pass rushers and QBs every year if they can - nothing wrong with that at all in the 7th round.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue May 03, 2022 1:21 pm

JMP wrote:And it all started with the Jags making a colossal blunder by taking Walker over Hutch.  I like Walker a lot - but Hutch is better on the field, and is a "face of the franchise" type off the field.  Excellent get for the Lions.

back to the beginning for a second. i think everybody was kind of thinking this, but no one wanted to come out and admit it. and the Lions were absolutely ready to capitalize.

One Lions official told Peter King in this week’s Football Morning in America that within a minute of the Jaguars officially making Travon Walker the first overall pick, the Lions turned in the card to officially make Hutchinson the second overall pick.

“We turned the card in so fast the league got mad at us,” the Lions official said.

The Lions were widely believed to have Hutchinson atop their draft board, and Hutchinson — who grew up in the Detroit area and played his college football at Michigan — wanted to play for the Lions. It was an easy match to make. Perhaps too easy for the NFL’s draft broadcast to give proper time to talking about the Jaguars taking Walker before turning the discussion to the Lions and Hutchinson.

https://sports.yahoo.com/lions-official-says-turned-aidan-200737758.html

i think the draft coverage has become bloated and is less about the actual prospects and more about the glitz and pageantry of the event. kudos to Campbell for not playing that game.

“I don’t think we overthought it,” Campbell told Albert Breer of SI.com. “Brad said, ‘Turn it in; let’s go.’ Because we knew we were good. ‘Let’s go; he’s our guy.’ We weren’t going to wait around, and we’re not going to do the whole dog-and-pony show. We got our guy, and we turned the card in. . . . We said from Day 1 — you ask A.G. (defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn) — what do we want our defense to be known as and built off of? What type of layers. Relentless, rugged, smart, explosive and nasty in the run game and pass game. This guy fits that bill. He’s everything we’re about.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/dan-campbell-quickly-making-no-020300364.html

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue May 03, 2022 1:59 pm

Yep, great job by the Lions. That had to be the easiest pick to make in the entire draft!

The draft coverage is absolutely over the top, espceially in Vegas with the Blue Man Group, Criss Angel, etc. But that's why I watch the draft on NFLN - they do have some fun, but the picks are always at the forefront.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue May 03, 2022 6:35 pm

So now I know the reason why the actual making of each team's pick was lagging 5-10 minutes behind the actual announcement of them.

It's not just TV or the networks, it's all the overanalysis by what seems like hundreds of sites now, on top of all the prospect scouting videos that pop up all over Youtube. And then after the draft these same people want to do their analysis and grades of each team's draft and each pick they made!

Now I'm not above all this, as evidenced by the O-line scouting video I put up here last week. But I only did it because I felt the guy had something substantive to say as opposed to mindless blather, and at that time I really did think they'd draft an O-lineman (which they should have but whatever).

As for Campbell he's still going to lose a lot while somehow still being hyped up as the next Vince Lombardi somehow because when guys look at him they see the way men used to be before society turned most of them into complete simps.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue May 03, 2022 6:38 pm

JMP wrote:Yep, great job by the Lions.  That had to be the easiest pick to make in the entire draft!

The draft coverage is absolutely over the top, espceially in Vegas with the Blue Man Group, Criss Angel, etc.  But that's why I watch the draft on NFLN - they do have some fun, but the picks are always at the forefront.

I watched on NFLN too without even switching to ESPN for a second. When I did watch, that is. I adopted a new strategy this year of only watching when I figured a pick would actually be announced, so I missed Ed Marinaro giving an Academy Award acceptance speech before announcing the Vikings' 4th round pick. Looking back at it on Youtube I thought it was hilarious in a twisted sort of way but seeing it live I probably would've just been annoyed.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue May 03, 2022 6:44 pm

I thought the Ed Marinaro speech was definitely hilarious...made even funnier when the woman came out to yank him off the stage! That was priceless! Very Happy Very Happy

I also enjoyed Wayne "The Newt" Newton yelling "Mississippi" instead of "Memphis" when he announced the Raiders pick with Marcus Allen. Laughing

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue May 03, 2022 7:27 pm

Recent developments have emboldened me to say this. The real reason Hutchinson wasn't the top pick in the draft--after being hyped as the likely top pick for weeks--was because he's too white and not "woke" enough. Yeah, I went there.

And ironically having Campbell as his coach is the perfect fit.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed May 04, 2022 8:05 am

DolFan 316 wrote:So now I know the reason why the actual making of each team's pick was lagging 5-10 minutes behind the actual announcement of them.

that's what i find so frustrating. i watched on the NFLN, but they would announce the "pick is in" but then not reveal the pick for another 10 minutes. i found it really drained the flow and excitement of the draft. if the league wants teams to space out there picks, then fine, do it that way. i.e., teams can pick at any time while on the clock, but the league will announce picks on a scheduled every 10 minutes. but then a lot of people are just gonna go do something else until the next pick is in and the networks will lose eyeballs in TV ads.

did anybody watch it online? is the coverage different?

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed May 04, 2022 8:10 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:So now I know the reason why the actual making of each team's pick was lagging 5-10 minutes behind the actual announcement of them.

that's what i find so frustrating.  i watched on the NFLN, but they would announce the "pick is in" but then not reveal the pick for another 10 minutes.  i found it really drained the flow and excitement of the draft.  if the league wants teams to space out there picks, then fine, do it that way.  i.e., teams can pick at any time while on the clock, but the league will announce picks on a scheduled every 10 minutes.  but then a lot of people are just gonna go do something else until the next pick is in and the networks will lose eyeballs in TV ads.

did anybody watch it online?  is the coverage different?

I mostly watched online (and plan on continuing to do so) for the very reason you described. And yes, you can get picks "early" online most of the time. You also get lots of people wondering why the TV pick announcements are so slow.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu May 05, 2022 9:48 am

One other note on Erik Ezukanma...he ran the ball 10 times this season, averaging 13.8 yards per carry and scoring 2 TDs. Could he get some action at RB with the Phins, ala Deebo in San Fran??? scratch

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3