The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins (Hill) fix issues

+2
JMP
mercury22nathan
6 posters

Go down

Dolphins (Hill) fix issues Empty Dolphins (Hill) fix issues

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:00 am

The Phins made some changes to address their issues…

Hill and other captains decided to remove the ping-pong table from the team’s locker-room, which had one of the big non-football-related changes of the Mike McDaniel regime.

As far as who made that decision, “I heard it was Reek for sure. Other than that, I don’t know,” running back Chase Edmonds said. “We didn’t know where it went or who was behind it. It was a good call by them. That’s why we elected them captains. Just focusing more and playing to our standards.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article264819099.html

Tyreek got a little tired of guys playing ping pong instead of maybe studying the playbook and film.

But not everybody was happy…

Safety Eric Rowe said players were surprised when they entered the locker room and saw the tables missing. “We kind of came in and it was gone and everyone was like, ‘Oh, damn! For real?’“ Rowe said.

“I don’t know who made the decision. [Players were] not like upset, but hurt. People like to play ping pong, another form of competitive play. I like playing ping pong.”

you know, Eric Rowe, the guy who blew the coverage that led to the Jets 79-yard dump off to RB Hall. Razz

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Dolphins (Hill) fix issues Empty Re: Dolphins (Hill) fix issues

Post by JMP Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:08 pm

I think it's important for the players to have those types of outlets during downtime. Helps build camaraderie and lets the players blow off steam. But when those things become distractions and the team is losing, they have to go. Great leadership by Hill to recognize that.

I heard a similar story about the Steelers (I think??) They had an area in the locker room where players could play shuffleboard, and they would make bets and get really intense with it. But during a losing streak, the team leaders voted to take out the shuffleboard because it was becoming a distraction.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:15 pm

But what happens if the losing continues? Then it's the worst of all worlds. Only so much can be taken away...

I'm calling it now--this team will be 3-5 going into the Bears game. Maybe, MAYBE, they can win that one.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:27 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:But what happens if the losing continues? Then it's the worst of all worlds. Only so much can be taken away...

I'm calling it now--this team will be 3-5 going into the Bears game. Maybe, MAYBE, they can win that one.

Yeah, it is a fine line.

I think we'll beat the Steelers...they're even more of a mess! Lions could go either way - they have a high-powered offense, but no defense. I think we'll beat them, but a loss wouldn't surprise me.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:08 pm

I'm Working this Sunday so that is a W , My Best Friend in Cali is going to the Steelers game so that's another Win and You know NBC is begging for Tua to Play this Game so Collinsworth can spend 3 Hours Talking about Concussions. Laughing

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:48 am

Okay, so they're going to beat the Bears. But will the season be over by then?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:49 am

The Dolphins need to protect Skylar this weekend. We can't have edge rushers coming free from the left side like they were with the Jets. I'm glad someone is trying to take charge of the misfits of Miami. Remember the quotes in the paper last year about players not putting in the work in the film room.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:27 am

CarsonChris wrote:The Dolphins need to protect Skylar this weekend. We can't have edge rushers coming free from the left side like they were with the Jets. I'm glad someone is trying to take charge of the misfits of Miami. Remember the quotes in the paper last year about players not putting in the work in the film room.

Yep, the OL MUST tighten up if Skylar is going to have any chance. To help, I think we need to go back to a quick passing game, call a lot of slants and other quick-hitters to nullify the pass rush. Also sprinkle in some screens, and I'd also like to see some designed runs for Skylar - he was a very good runner in college.

And yes, it is great to see some actual leadership on this team, players taking charge and calling for accountability. Tyreek has been such a huge addition, both on and off the field.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:54 am

Tyreek's response to some of the players being "disappointed" their ping-pong table was removed...

“I don’t get into all that giveth and taketh away.,,, These are professional athletes. This is our job, this is our livelihood. We don’t drive all the way up here to play ping pong today.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article266457191.html

thank you Tyreek. nuff said.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:40 pm

Unless Armstead was playing ping pong and that kept his toe from healing, all this ping pong crapola is a f@rt in a whirlwind IMO.

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down