The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hill and Waddle

4 posters

Go down

Hill and Waddle Empty Hill and Waddle

Post by JMP Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:13 am

Some positive stats:

Hill is first in the NFL in yards (701) and Waddle is fifth (533).  Hill is also second in receptions (50).

The two have combined for 80 catches, 1234 yards, 5 TDs, 19 plays of 20+ yards and 7 plays of 40+ yards.  And we haven't even reached the halfway point of the season!

These two are simply electric.  Once Tua gets back, I expect to see that TD number go way up.

Last edited by JMP on Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Hill and Waddle Empty Re: Hill and Waddle

Post by white1 Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:28 am

I really like the passing game. Like someone else said - a ridiculous five penalties untracked the Thompson drive in the first half that was looking really good. Including negating a pass that got down to like the 5 yard line.

All that said... we HAVE to fix the running game. It's looking just as toothless as ever. And the Vikings defense isn't the best in the league either.

An effective running attack is the missing piece - and HAS been for several years. Coupled with how our defense was playing yesterday, a powerful run game would have us winning that game easily.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:38 am

I feel like McDaniel has a tendency to abandon the running game too quickly. That's something he has to work on. He talked about basing the offense around the run, but that just hasn't been the case at all.

It seemed like we barely ran the ball at all in the second half yesterday, in a close game, and Mostert finished with just 14 carries. Our OL sucks at run blocking, but Mostert has done a a great job at finding creases and accelerating through the hole. Keep feeding him.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:39 am

It seemed like we barely ran the ball at all in the second half yesterday, in a close game, and Mostert finished with just 14 carries. Our OL sucks at run blocking, but Mostert has done a a great job at finding creases and accelerating through the hole. Keep feeding him.

Yeah agree, and I wonder how much had to do with the limited practice from Mostert? I know his knee was hurting all week. However, we have other running backs - missing one or having one banged up shouldn't change the whole game plan....
white1
white1

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:50 am

FYI, of the teams that have played 6 games, only the Panthers have fewer rushing attempts than the Fins (the Rams are tied).

You'd think after all the raving McDaniel did about the "RB room" in preseason, he'd at least give 3 or 4 of them a few carries each. I'm not sure Gaskin and Ahmed still exist. Can anyone else confirm they do?

Oh well, at least if a couple of RBs go down it literally won't affect anything.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:01 pm

They also give it away that they will be running the Ball, When You take Hill, Waddle & Gesicki off the Field on a 3rd down Play Twice during the Game it is obvious You are Running the Ball, Which makes it even Worse.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:32 pm

finskev wrote:They also give it away that they will be running the Ball, When You take Hill, Waddle & Gesicki off the Field on a 3rd down Play Twice during the Game it is obvious You are Running the Ball, Which makes it even Worse.  

Absolutely. Although the Chargers and some other teams I watched this weekend do the same thing. I'm not a fan of that, at all. Unless it is to set up different plays out of those formations later...which is something McDaniel likes to do. Defenses assume it is a tendency, and then all of a sudden you throw a bomb to Sherfield out of that look...something along those lines. Maybe. LOL

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:41 pm

Speaking of Chargers Herbert was Garbage Last Night, They Won despite Him and the Fact that Russell Wilson is Worse than Garbage Right Now. Could They do us All a Favor and Keep the Broncos off of Sunday & Monday Night the Rest of Season. Back to our Thread sorry for the Hijack.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:52 am

finskev wrote:Speaking of Chargers Herbert was Garbage Last Night, They Won despite Him and the Fact that Russell Wilson is Worse than Garbage Right Now. Could They do us All a Favor and Keep the Broncos off of Sunday & Monday Night the Rest of Season. Back to our Thread sorry for the Hijack.

Herbert must still be suffering from the rib injury...he just doesn't look right. And Wilson sucks...but I suspect Hackett is the real issue there.

JMP
Admin

finskev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down