The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRADE: Fins get Jalen Ramsey - send 3rd and Hunter Long to Rams

+4
HalCHorn
finfanatic
finskev
white1
8 posters

Go down

TRADE:  Fins get Jalen Ramsey - send 3rd and Hunter Long to Rams Empty TRADE: Fins get Jalen Ramsey - send 3rd and Hunter Long to Rams

Post by white1 Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:43 pm

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/12/rams-will-trade-jalen-ramsey-to-dolphins-for-hunter-long-and-a-third-round-pick/

Excellent move and Ramsey is a great fit for the Fangio scheme. Not only can he play man or zone, he is excellent in run support which is a must in this defense.
white1
white1

JMP, DolFan 316 and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

TRADE:  Fins get Jalen Ramsey - send 3rd and Hunter Long to Rams Empty Re: TRADE: Fins get Jalen Ramsey - send 3rd and Hunter Long to Rams

Post by finskev Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:20 pm

Hunter Long in this Trade is Like finding an extra sock in the Dryer.

finskev

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

TRADE:  Fins get Jalen Ramsey - send 3rd and Hunter Long to Rams Empty Re: TRADE: Fins get Jalen Ramsey - send 3rd and Hunter Long to Rams

Post by finfanatic Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:17 pm

finskev wrote:Hunter Long in this Trade is Like finding an extra sock in the Dryer.

And the sock has a big hole in it too!!

Laughing

I was expecting a big deal and this may not be the last one. This was the LEAST OBJECTIONABLE of the rumored big deals.

I agree with W1; Ramsey fits the Fangio Defense to a TEE!

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:36 pm

Well, let's see, the # 37 player on the PFF 100 for a third and Hunter Long.

As much as I hate to lose another draft pick, it's a no brainer. Losing Long is addition by subtraction.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:52 pm

Great beginning to the off season. I really hope they find a RT, a LG or C. I just think it's idiotic if you confirm Tua and don't provide him help.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:56 pm

I love the trade on the surface - we got a top shelf corner for essentially nothing.

BUT...

Can we still continue to add to the OL and LB positions? Will we have the ability to keep players like Wilkins, Hunt and Sieler?

Losing yet another high pick SUCKS, but it is what it is. This trade, and the Chubb trade for that matter, are really only good if we get a Super Bowl victory as a result. Otherwise, heads will roll.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:02 pm

Why do I strongly suspect having to give up Hunter Long held this trade up for days, if not a week or more, just because Grier would've had to admit that pick was a failure? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sure as hell beats giving up multiple firsts cheers And now that Gesicki's pre-planned replacement is gone, does that mean he's staying after all? scratch

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:05 pm

JMP wrote:I love the trade on the surface - we got a top shelf corner for essentially nothing.

BUT...

Can we still continue to add to the OL and LB positions?  Will we have the ability to keep players like Wilkins, Hunt and Sieler?

Losing yet another high pick SUCKS, but it is what it is.  This trade, and the Chubb trade for that matter, are really only good if we get a Super Bowl victory as a result.  Otherwise, heads will roll.

Who's a better player, Ramsey or Eichenberg? Because the price Grier paid for both was the same. Seriously.

DolFan 316

JMP and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:05 pm

If Gesicki doesn't find love on the free agent market, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him back on the Phins. But I think they will be drafting a TE regardless. In fact, this Ramsey trade almost guarantees that we will draft a TE in round 2 or 3 IMO.

JMP
Admin

finskev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:07 pm

To get Ramsey, we used the pick we got from the Patriots. So, we basically traded DaVante Parker for Jalen Ramsey! LOL That's pretty good value for the Dolphins, I'd say! Very Happy

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:08 pm

JMP wrote:If Gesicki doesn't find love on the free agent market, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him back on the Phins.  But I think they will be drafting a TE regardless.  In fact, this Ramsey trade almost guarantees that we will draft a TE in round 2 or 3 IMO.

Are there any TEs left besides Smythe now? scratch

Thank God Grier didn't give up anymore picks THIS year.

DolFan 316

finskev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:13 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:If Gesicki doesn't find love on the free agent market, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him back on the Phins.  But I think they will be drafting a TE regardless.  In fact, this Ramsey trade almost guarantees that we will draft a TE in round 2 or 3 IMO.

Just your boy Tanner Conner, who could be a stud in a year or two. So we'll need to add 2 TEs one way or another.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:15 pm

Cameron Wolfe
@CameronWolfe

Dolphins CB Xavien Howard to me on being teamed up with Jalen Ramsey: “This shit about to be crazy.”

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:18 pm

Cameron Wolfe
@CameronWolfe

Can’t understate how badly Jalen Ramsey wanted to be in Miami. @DavidMulugheta joked Ramsey was going to fire him yday if he didn’t get him to Dolphins. Dolphins called Mulugheta this AM & despite interest from a few teams they got Ramsey to his preferred destination & new 💰

WOW!!! The Dolphins have become a destination team for star players. Again...WOW!!! Cool

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:23 pm

JMP wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:

Just your boy Tanner Conner, who could be a stud in a year or two.  So we'll need to add 2 TEs one way or another.

Haha, I totally forgot about him!!! Well hell, since Conner's the next big TE star I say they don't even need to get anybody else. Maybe re-sign Gesicki as the backup Wink Cool

DolFan 316

JMP and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:57 pm

Also, I suspect Hal will be trading down even MORE furiously in future mocks now that he has next year's 3rd rounder to recoup.

Knowing him, he may even find a way to get it back Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

JMP and HalCHorn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:21 am

JMP wrote:
Cameron Wolfe
@CameronWolfe

Dolphins CB Xavien Howard to me on being teamed up with Jalen Ramsey: “This shit about to be crazy.”

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

that is good to hear. my first thought when i heard they traded for Ramsey was whether or not Howard would throw another hissy fit like he did when they signed Jones to a higher deal.

i am surprised - and pleased - Miami was able to make this trade for essentially a 3rd rounder (DeVante Parker) and a 4th string TE who doesn't play. especially considering the Rams gave up two 1st and a 4th to rent him for 3 1/2 seasons. but they did get a Super Bowl out of it.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:47 am

Let's see how this shakes out.

But it does seem like the Phins "braintrust" think they are "close" and when the "braintrust"
starts thinking like that, they may OVER MORTGAGE the future for the wins now. See the Rams for when that happens.

The Ramsey trade was a good move. Kick Jones to the curb and get an UPGRADE at CB and get rid of the TE that Grier should not have drafted in the first place.

It is hard to know what the plan is for going forward. Until the Phins make a few more free agent moves, we may not know.

And even after the free agents are signed and we all think we know what the Phins are likely to do in the draft, remember Grier does not necessarily see the team needs the way most of us do IMO. He has his own unique way of ranking/rating/and setting up his draft board.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:49 am

finfanatic wrote:The Ramsey trade was a good move. Kick Jones to the curb and get an UPGRADE at CB and get rid of the TE that Grier should not have drafted in the first place.

Well when you put it like that, it almost makes it seem like maybe this team might kinda sorta know what they're doing for once Shocked Laughing

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:03 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
finfanatic wrote:The Ramsey trade was a good move. Kick Jones to the curb and get an UPGRADE at CB and get rid of the TE that Grier should not have drafted in the first place.

Well when you put it like that, it almost makes it seem like maybe this team might kinda sorta know what they're doing for once Shocked Laughing

Grier has done an excellent job of getting Armstead, Williams, Hill and Ramsey, and he may not be through yet... If he could draft a couple of rookies to START to help out with the salary cap...

Watch him draft another TE who will sit on the bench and be a non-factor though. And an Olineman who will be given every chance to claim a starting job and get outplayed
by some undrafted rookie or a journeyman free agent, or the worst of all possible outcomes, by one of Grier's other OLine draft picks from years past!!!

Shocked

finfanatic
finfanatic

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:55 am

As I type this Hunter Long is one of the trending player pages at PFR. People apparently want to see what all the fuss is about. I'm assuming they're not impressed by his one catch for 8 yards in two seasons or the fact that he still looks 13.

Okay, that last bit was a cheap shot. But he does.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LongHu00.htm

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:30 am

Here's a pretty fascinating article about how the Ramsey trade went down:
https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/03/20/jalen-ramsey-trade-negotiations-rams-dolphins

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down