The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Man Brock Purdy...

+3
finfanatic
JMP
DolFan 316
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My Man Brock Purdy... Empty My Man Brock Purdy...

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:49 pm

Out here carving up the Steelers like a Thanksgiving turkey Cool

This is why the 49ers will not only make the playoffs but likely reach the Super Bowl while the Chiefs very well may miss the playoffs entirely. The next Brady, I tells ya!

Ditching Trey Lance was addition by subtraction.

Oh and then there's this...

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/171826-49ers-trent-williams-brock-leader/

With two touchdown passes and the win, Purdy became the first quarterback in NFL history to win each of his first six career regular-season starts while throwing at least two touchdown passes. He also became the first quarterback in NFL history with a passer rating of 95 or higher in each of his first six career regular-season starts.

(Sighs.)

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

My Man Brock Purdy... Empty Re: My Man Brock Purdy...

Post by JMP Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:23 pm

Good for him! It's an amazing story for sure. I'm not jumping on the Super Bowl bandwagon for the Niners just yet, but they will certainly be in the mix.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:56 am

Purdy looked great yesterday - he made some excellent throws. And what a ballsy call by Shanahan calling a QB sneak for the TD as time expired at the end of the first half!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:58 am

JMP wrote:Purdy looked great yesterday - he made some excellent throws.  And what a ballsy call by Shanahan calling a QB sneak for the TD as time expired at the end of the first half!

Even Brady didn't start his career THIS well.

(Sighs.)

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:00 am

I heard Cowherd saying the 49ers have the best personnel and coaching in the league, followed by the Dolphins. And they may be he best two teams in the league right now!

Hard to argue against what Purdy is doing for sure.
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:41 am

I'm now seriously starting to think as long as Purdy stays healthy the 49ers will never lose a game he starts.

Every day reopens a wound on my soul knowing that Grier and McDaniel chose Skylar over this guy. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:56 am

That TD pass to Deebo late in the game was absolutely perfect!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:22 am

so how come Florio gets a pass on making insulting juvenile remarks about a guys name?

"Purdy's a little too close to 'Turdy.'"

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/brock-purdy-weird-name-qb/1657352/

gee Mike, you're a fucking genius. like sure, i bet Brock never got tired of hearing that a million times in middle school. i sure would love to see you justify that hot take to Brock's parent. real respectful you ass clown.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:25 am

mercury22nathan wrote:so how come Florio gets a pass on making insulting juvenile remarks about a guys name?

"Purdy's a little too close to 'Turdy.'"

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/brock-purdy-weird-name-qb/1657352/

gee Mike, you're a fucking genius.  like sure, i bet Brock never got tired of hearing that a million times in middle school.  i sure would love to see you justify that hot take to Brock's parent.  real respectful you ass clown.

You know why. He's on the side that the rules don't apply to even though they're the ones making them to begin with. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I hope PFT dies just like all the other woke companies are in the process of doing. Removing the comments was just flat out dumb and shows just how horrified, terrified and mortified those people are at the very IDEA of true "equality".

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:42 am

Florio hits new lows every week - that's impressive on some level. Rolling Eyes

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:02 am

I haven't visited PFT in at least 3 years now.

I haven't missed it.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Purdy just completed 20 of 21 passes and 13.5 yards per attempt. He is now 9-0 as a starter. Nine. And. Oh.

The Purdys are the only thing standing between the Bills and a title. I've seen all I need to see. It's only a matter of whether he comes into the Super Bowl unbeaten or not.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:14 pm

Purdy is playing great. That whole team is running like a well-oiled machine.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:21 pm

JMP wrote:Purdy is playing great.  That whole team is running like a well-oiled machine.

They are the first team I've seen since the '07 Pats that convinces me they can go through at least the regular season unbeaten after just 4 games.

Then again I felt the same way about the Bills last season before that first game VS the Fins, so...

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:14 pm

Brock Purdy is actually...human and fallible??? scratch Shocked

This is seriously a major revelation to me and changes everything about my worldview.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:09 am

and yet Purdy still put his team in a position to win - but the kicker pushed it.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:13 am

mercury22nathan wrote:and yet Purdy still put his team in a position to win - but the kicker pushed it.

Yep. Once they got the ball in FG range, you knew it was over. And it was...just not the way anyone expected!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:44 pm

He'll be all right. Cleveland defense is playing lights out this season.

And, losing Deebo and CMC is the equivalent of Miami losing Hill, Mostert and Achane.

I guarantee our offense would take a step down losing top playmakers....
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:27 pm

white1 wrote:He'll be all right.  Cleveland defense is playing lights out this season.  

And, losing Deebo and CMC is the equivalent of Miami losing Hill, Mostert and Achane.

I guarantee our offense would take a step down losing top playmakers....

Even I, the Potentate Of Pessimism, doesn't even want to think about that for one millisecond! affraid affraid affraid

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:32 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:and yet Purdy still put his team in a position to win - but the kicker pushed it.

THAT'S RIGHT!! SOMEONE ELSE LET HIM DOWN!!! MY FAITH IN PURDY'S SUPERHUMANITY IS RESTORED!!! HE WOULD'VE MADE THAT KICK IF THE 49ERS HAD LET HIM, I JUST KNOW IT!!!

But seriously, the fact that a FG was even needed to win is jarring and disturbing, like 9-year old me finding out Santa wasn't real.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:13 am

Greg Cosell of NFL Films is a pretty astute guy when picking up little nuances from watching film. i found this discussion about Purdy interesting.

Cosell offered perhaps the most logical explanation yet as to why no NFL team knew what Purdy eventually would become based on his college tape.

"There's two things Purdy does at a really high level, which were hard to see in college because the college game is different from the NFL game," Cosell explained. "... Number one, he is outstanding at reading a late rotation of coverage. You don't really see a lot of late rotation of coverage in college football. ...

"Maybe Georgia, maybe an Alabama, but there's not 100 college teams that are able to do a ton of late rotation and disguise with coverage. Purdy has proven to be a master at seeing that instantaneously and knowing exactly where to go with the football."

Whether its Purdy's studious habits or simply his innate feel for the game that allow him to make in-game adjustments on the fly, Cosell doesn't believe it was an ability regularly on display for NFL scouts during his time at Iowa State. Another, Cosell continued, is Purdy's anticipation.

"And the other thing you don't see a ton of in college, just because it's not necessarily required, is the ability to throw with really high-level anticipation, throwing the ball before receivers make breaks," Cosell said. "You don't see a ton of that in college because you don't need a ton of that in college because the game is different with the hashmarks, the field is wider.

"You don't need that high level of anticipation. Those are two things that Purdy did at a high level that didn't show up on college tape."

https://sports.yahoo.com/cosell-lists-two-high-level-233927234.html

makes you wonder, if paid professional scouts really do know much more than the rest of us armchair TV scouts? if its not in the college tape, are there things teams can do in the pre-draft process that would project/predict QB success - or is it truly just a guessing game? and remember, its not like all of sudden the traits were apparent in Purdy - or that the SF coaches saw them. even after a full training camp worth of practices and evaluation and pre-season games, it wasn't until week 13 (against Miami) after both Trey Lance and Garoppolo were injured was SF forced to insert Purdy. so SF didn't even know what they had, despite seeing him firsthand, until injuries forced their hand.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:24 am

Posts like this are why I have a man crush on Merc sometimes My Man Brock Purdy... 1f60d Razz

But I'll probably always be pissed at Grier for passing him up just the same Evil or Very Mad

Also if you recall, I said starting the day after (maybe even of) that Fins game, when Purdy literally had barely even set foot on the field (he had all of 9 pass attempts previously, VS KC in garbage time) that I felt he would be good if not special. Just a hunch I had. It's the same feeling as when I saw Zach play one time in college.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:50 am

My man Purdy showing heart, guts and sheer testicular fortitude in picking the 49ers up and carrying them on his back to win a playoff game--something Tua will probably never do.

(Sighs.)

Just remember who was on the bandwagon from the beginning. Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:48 am

I thought that was Greenlaw who INTed that pass?

You mean that was Purdy playing on defense too?

Laughing

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:10 am

Not a Big Fan of these Playoffs so Far, Riding the Detroit Bandwagon Train for as long as Possible along with the Chiefs. If the Ravens & Bills Play along with the Bucs vs Niners to see who go to Super Bowl. I might be forced to Root for Ravens & Niners to Win. Purdy looked Good Enough Last Night will need more Next Week to Advance.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next