The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Called It On Brock Purdy...

5 posters

Go down

I Called It On Brock Purdy... Empty I Called It On Brock Purdy...

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:20 pm

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

I Called It On Brock Purdy... Empty Re: I Called It On Brock Purdy...

Post by CarsonChris Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:05 pm

Boom!

CarsonChris

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:29 pm

49ers leading the Bradys 14-0 as I type this, looks like Brock is doing Purdy well.

EDIT: Did I say 14-0? I meant 21-0. Purdy 9 of 11 for 109 yards (nearly 10 per attempt) and a TD.

Can anybody see Skylar performing anywhere near this level at any point in his NFL career? And if so, what's the name of your dealer?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:13 pm

49ers up 28-0 now. Purdy seems to be the real deal.

If Brady comes back to win this game then the rest of the season might as well just be cancelled and the Bucs should be given the Lombardi right now to save everyone from the inevitable torture of watching 2 more months for the same outcome.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:44 pm

Purdy looking good. 35-0 now!

And CMC dominating again - he is a one man wrecking crew.

Big injury to Deebo - haven't heard anything, but it looked like a potentially bad knee injury.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:12 pm

JMP wrote:Purdy looking good.  35-0 now!

Big injury to Deebo - haven't heard anything, but it looked like a potentially bad knee injury.

Did Deebo even play when they doubled up the Fins last week?

Seems like all the "chatter" about how secretly horrible the 49ers' D played fired them up! Shocked

I'm telling you right now--Purdy is going to get this team at least one playoff win minimum.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:49 pm

You did call it. Great value looking even better for them now.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:17 am

HalCHorn wrote:You did call it.  Great value looking even better for them now.

I remember taking Purdy at least a few times in all the mock drafts I did about 9-10 months ago now.

I will repeat--Grier deciding that Skylar was better should be the final nail in his coffin. There's just no way this team should go from 8-3 to 8-9 with the QB he passed up (pun intended) in the 7th starting the downfall without Grier finally getting fired. There can only be so many other scapegoats.

Not that he should be the only one...

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:26 am

DolFan 316 wrote:Grier deciding that Skylar was better should be the final nail in his coffin.

Such an absurd take. No GM gets fired for passing on the player that was drafted LAST in the entire class.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:29 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:Purdy looking good.  35-0 now!

Did Deebo even play when they doubled up the Fins last week?

Seems like all the "chatter" about how secretly horrible the 49ers' D played fired them up! Shocked

I'm telling you right now--Purdy is going to get this team at least one playoff win minimum.

Yep, Deebo played last week and caught 5 passes I think.

No one has questioned the 49ers defense, except me. LOL The media has been gushing nonstop for months about how good that D is. I still maintain that they've only beaten one good offense all season, and they got absolutely destroyed by the other good offense they played. Regardless, the 49ers will go as far as CMC takes them. It's nice to have a game manager QB like Purdy to pair with that defense, but in the end they're going to ride CMC as far as they can.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:02 am

JMP wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:Grier deciding that Skylar was better should be the final nail in his coffin.

Such an absurd take.  No GM gets fired for passing on the player that was drafted LAST in the entire class.  

Because normally, the player drafted last in his class isn't a QB who comes in cold after 2 other guys get hurt and leads his team to the playoffs and possibly beyond.

This is looking like the Browns passing over Brady for Spergon Wynn-level awfulness. You really think I'm the only one who sees or is going to see this?

But even if you take Purdy out of it Grier still needs to go. Jon Robinson just got fired and he was not only hired the same time as Grier (2016) but his team's had way more success!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:43 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:You really think I'm the only one who sees or is going to see this?

Honestly? Yes, I do.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:22 pm

JMP wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:You really think I'm the only one who sees or is going to see this?

Honestly?  Yes, I do.

Not with Barry Jackson around. He'll get my message out to the people Cool

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:26 am

Purdy wins again. Knowing that a 7th round rookie QB Grier passed over for another one who sucks began the Fins' spiral from 8-3 to 8-9 is something I'll never let go. The rest of you have been warned.

It wouldn't even surprise me if Purdy ends up being the next Brady!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:48 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Next Tom Brady! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Thanks for the laugh!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:12 am

Belichek and Brady.

Shanahan and Purdy.

Man, that is spooky. Shocked

Nobody thought Brady was the GOAT when he took over for injured Bledsoe either.

I seem to remember telling Pats fans back in the day that Brady would implode... and then Super Bowl winner!

San Fran is PEAKING it seems to me at the right time. Especially that Defense. It made Geno look like the castoff Jets QB he is.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:16 am

If Purdy can continue this improbable run....hey, who even know who Jeff Hostetler was in 1990 until Simms had his injury? Hostetler ended up stealing the job long-term and getting a big FA contract, and Simms was a Hell of a lot better than Garrapolo. Simms wouldn't be out of place in Canton.

Wild that the 49ers traded all that draft stock for Lance....and Lance looks like he's been beaten out by the last pick of the draft the next year at this point....but that's why you take those low risk, potentially high reward flyers on QB's. You just never know.

HalCHorn

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:38 am

HalCHorn wrote:If Purdy can continue this improbable run....hey, who even know who Jeff Hostetler was in 1990 until Simms had his injury?  Hostetler ended up stealing the job long-term and getting a big FA contract, and Simms was a Hell of a lot better than Garrapolo.  Simms wouldn't be out of place in Canton.

I actually DID know who Hostetler was since West Virginia was actually a kinda sorta high profile team in the early '80s. And yes, I've always wondered why Simms never even enters any HOF conversation.

Wild that the 49ers traded all that draft stock for Lance....and Lance looks like he's been beaten out by the last pick of the draft the next year at this point....but that's why you take those low risk, potentially high reward flyers on QB's.  You just never know.

Purdy was a lucky fluke. There's no way the 49ers allow him to fall to the last pick of the draft if they had known he'd work out like this. It reminds me more and more of how Brady just fell into Belichick's lap. Skylar Thompson in this case is playing the role of Spergon Wynn, who the Browns saw fit to draft in the 6th round over Brady. Maybe Grier can trade for Lance, he'll need *somebody* to back up Tua next season.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down