The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Two Games Are MUST WINS!!!

+3
white1
JMP
DolFan 316
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Next Two Games Are MUST WINS!!!  Empty Next Two Games Are MUST WINS!!!

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:44 am

If you're the Fins you absolutely, positively CANNOT lose to a team with Daniel Jones at QB and another team that is currently 0-4 at home. Can't do it. If that happens then this season's over. Done. Kaput. No point in even caring about the rest of it. These are teams they should beat even if Tua is hurt.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Next Two Games Are MUST WINS!!!  Empty Re: Next Two Games Are MUST WINS!!!

Post by JMP Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:01 am

Of course the Dolphins should win the next two - not even a question. If you're a good team, you must beat the teams you're supposed to beat.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:54 am

Guys. Don't sleep on the Giants. They gave SF all they can handle - at home - and without Barkley and their starting LT. Both are probably back for our game.

What do they have in common with the Bills? Jones is a running threat at QB as well.

We better not take them lightly, or it's another loss.
white1
white1

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:56 am

A week ago, everyone in the media had us breaking the all time scoring record and Dallas was dead and buried after being humiliated. Not so much on either now. I say good. I think all that 70 point press had something to do with the suckage yesterday.

I expect this team to respond next week the way Dallas did yesterday. Giants absolutely are not to be taken lightly, but we should right this ship Sunday. If we don't, then it wasn't just a hiccup.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:28 pm

Again, 5 of the previous 6 times since '95 the Fins reached 3-0 and lost they...lost again.

This game is officially a crisis point as far as I'm concerned. Lose this one and attendance for the Panthers game will be reduced by at least 25% IMO.

And yes, my very first thought was the ol' Swelled Head Syndrome has struck yet again! Even as a kid I was on both sides of it myself. I'm sure I'm far from the only one here who's experienced it firsthand.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:01 pm

white1 wrote:Guys.  Don't sleep on the Giants.  They gave SF all they can handle - at home - and without Barkley and their starting LT.  Both are probably back for our game.

What do they have in common with the Bills? Jones is a running threat at QB as well.  

The Giants' offense is almost non-existent, even with a gimpy Saquon - one of the worst in the league. I don't care how bad Miami's D is...they simply cannot allow the Giants to get anywhere close to 20 points. I think the Giants' D can cause some problems, but overall they don't scare me either. This should be a relatively easy win for the Dolphins - but of course turnovers and mistakes can easily change that, as in any game.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:05 pm

JMP wrote:
white1 wrote:Guys.  Don't sleep on the Giants.  They gave SF all they can handle - at home - and without Barkley and their starting LT.  Both are probably back for our game.

The Giants' offense is almost non-existent, even with a gimpy Saquon - one of the worst in the league.  I don't care how bad Miami's D is...they simply cannot allow the Giants to get anywhere close to 20 points.  I think the Giants' D can cause some problems, but overall they don't scare me either.  This should be a relatively easy win for the Dolphins - but of course turnovers and mistakes can easily change that, as in any game.

The Giants (and Panthers) are actually so bad that I'm scared of them, if that makes any sense. I still have PTSD from the home loss to a Wanny-coached 0-7 Bears team in '97 affraid affraid affraid And then there was the 41-0 debacle against the 2-12 Colts that same season!

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:15 pm

I think McD is worlds better than Dumbstedt, but then again, so is a a putrid hunk of gorgonzola cheese that has reached the point of putrefaction where the fungus is sprouting those antenna like pods that make it look alive!!!

This Phins team is just not good enough to take any team for granted IMO. And if they start believing all that "greatest show on turf" talk again, they are liable to lose to any NFL team.

I was alway slightly worried about the defense, but at 3-0 I was telling myself "Maybe it will not matter..." But after that Barfalo Blowout, i know now with double em on the phasis:
IT MATTERS!

I have been trying to come up with some manner that would help the Phins D, but unless Fangio starts blitzing more, or switches to a 4-1with a roving OLB who can blitz at his discretion... all very unlikely IMO....I think the Phins are just going to have to muddle through and hope the O can score enough that the D's deficiencies are mitigated somewhat.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:21 pm

Hmmm, perhaps I crowned white1 too soon, FF is making a strong bid for the POW (Poster Of the Week) crown already...

I suppose *one* bit of good news is that the Giants are giving up even more points (30th) than this team (28th). Then again they've allowed four fewer offensive TDs, never mind.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:24 pm

Yep, excellent post FF.

I think laying off a bit on the soft zone would help. Fangio seems to be terrified of giving up big pass plays, but by playing his DBs deep and off he's allowing the opposing offense to run the ball and hit short-intermediate passes with ease - that then become big plays. Really, it's a lot like what we saw from Boyer last season, just with less blitzing.

It also seems like Holland has been completely neutralized in this defense. Aside from the 2 forced fumbles against Denver, I don't really see Holland doing much of anything, and he is frequently out of position. I think he's much better than that, and Fangio needs to figure out what to do with him.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:35 pm

The Giants' offense is almost non-existent, even with a gimpy Saquon - one of the worst in the league. I don't care how bad Miami's D is...they simply cannot allow the Giants to get anywhere close to 20 points. I think the Giants' D can cause some problems, but overall they don't scare me either. This should be a relatively easy win for the Dolphins - but of course turnovers and mistakes can easily change that, as in any game.

It's too early to make those kind of assumptions.

The Giants have faced Dallas, San Francisco, and Arizona. Lest we all forget - Arizona actually beat Dallas and gave SF a run for their money. So the Giants schedule to this point has not been easy, at all.

Even with Barkley out, Breida has been an effective back who hits the line of scrimmage fast and runs hard. They have two first round picks at OT in Thomas and Neal. It's only a matter of time before their rookie WR Hyatt goes off.

Let's see how they play tonight, but I'm not chalking this up to a Fins win just yet. Not at all.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:51 pm

Well the Giants are averaging about 250 yards and 14 points per game on offense. I don't care who their opponents were - that is dreadful.

I'm guessing that Jalin Hyatt may not know the playbook or something like that, because he rarely sees the field but has made plays when called upon. They need to find a way to get him involved, because none of their other receivers is doing much of anything. Waller has been a colossal disappointment.

And as you know, I remain completely unsold on Daniel Jones. Great runner for sure, but leaves a lot to be desired as a QB. Last year when he averaged less than 1 passing TD per game the excuse was that he had no weapons. This year they revamped the receiving corps and Jones is averaging...less than 1 passing TD per game. In fact, in 2 of the 3 games this season he has not even thrown a TD.

It is early and 3 games is a small sample size. But damn, if the Dolphins are playoff contenders this is a game they should win without breaking a sweat.

Let's see how the Giants look tonight against a pretty mediocre Seahawks team.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:26 pm

JMP wrote:And as you know, I remain completely unsold on Daniel Jones.  Great runner for sure, but leaves a lot to be desired as a QB.  Last year when he averaged less than 1 passing TD per game the excuse was that he had no weapons.  This year they revamped the receiving corps and Jones is averaging...less than 1 passing TD per game.  In fact, in 2 of the 3 games this season he has not even thrown a TD.

IMO what's even worse is that after tossing just 5 picks all of last season Jones already has 4 through 3 games! Shocked SURELY even THIS D can get ONE off him.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JoneDa05.htm

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:06 pm

Giants trailing at the half 14-3. Jones hasn't thrown any more INTs but he does have a lost fumble.

I know it's early but...yeah, it would be one of the biggest disgraces in Fins history to lose to THIS team, and that's REALLY saying something. I'm not even expecting anything close to another 50-point laugher, I just want a win by any means necessary.

DolFan 316

HalCHorn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:17 pm

Worst offense ever? Hard to imagine any team being worse than these Giants. The OL is atrocious. Jones was sacked 10 times and only attempted 2 passes over 10 yards. 2 INTs, 2 fumbles (1 lost), and his third game this season with 0 TDs.

If the Dolphins don't shutout this team, it will be a major disappointment.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:24 pm

JMP wrote:Worst offense ever? Hard to imagine any team being worse than these Giants. The OL is atrocious. Jones was sacked 10 times and only attempted 2 passes over 10 yards. 2 INTs, 2 fumbles (1 lost), and his third game this season with 0 TDs.

If the Dolphins don't shutout this team, it will be a major disappointment.

You beat me to it!!! Jones now with more INTs already than he had all of last season!!! Giants with just 248 yards--BELOW what they were averaging!!!

I'm saying it right now--if THIS team gets well on the Fins it will be the single biggest disgrace in franchise history and MULTIPLE people will need to lose their jobs!!!

I'm not going as far as to demand a shutout though, I know that won't be possible Laughing Laughing Laughing But how sad is it that ZACH FREAKING WILSON now looks like the better QB of the Jersey teams?

EDIT: Giants are now dead last in scoring, maybe a shutout *is* at least possible, hmmm scratch

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:27 am

Just get to 4-1. Nothing else is acceptable.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:58 am

DolFan 316 wrote:

I'm saying it right now--if THIS team gets well on the Fins it will be the single biggest disgrace in franchise history and MULTIPLE people will need to lose their jobs!!!

I agree 100%. And I'm not saying this for dramatic effect, either. If the Dolphins are a playoff team, they need to dominate this game from start to finish, with no resistance at all from the Giants. Anything less is unacceptable. The defense better force multiple turnovers and get 5 sacks at minimum.

And yeah, it is mind-boggling that there is actually a QB playing worse than Zach Wilson right now. (BTW, how funny is it that people are praising Zach Wilson for leading his team to 18 offensive points the other night...the bar was set so low, that even that is a major accomplishment!)

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:14 am

I was literally shocked at how badly Daniel Jones and the Giants played last night.

You are right on all counts. Their offensive line is an absolute mess, they were already without LT Thomas, and they lost two more interior guys during the game. It went from bad to god awful.

Jones hasn't regressed. He's forgotten how to play quarterback. Missed a wide open Waller in the back of the endzone, and instead threw a pick 6 into coverage.

Their defense actually played pretty hard but with the offense constantly going three and out and/or turning the ball over there was nothing they could do.

This has to be a Fins win, in a tight AFC race cannot drop the games you should easily have in hand.

However, I have to warn you. When my two teams play each other (I like the Giants but theyr'e more my fathers team than mine), the one who looks the best at that point in time will lose. No measure of football analysis can explain it. It just happens. So if you want to double your home equity or something take the 9.5 points and the Giants, it's a can't lose! Wink
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:40 pm

I can remember some were hoping that Daboll would get the Phins HCing job?

Things are not looking good for the Giants. They ponied up for Jones and he is just not Franchise QB material IMO.

The Phins SHOULD win and win easily IMO, but who knows?

As for W1's curse: The Phins are averaging 70 points at home so if the curse is real and they only score half as much in the Giants game, maybe that will be the effect of the curse? Cool
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:19 pm

fear not ladies. pull your panties out of your ass cracks. for i will personally WILL this team to victory against the Giants. yes, i just bought my airfare and plunked down for tickets to the game for my son and i (poor kid has unwisely followed in his father's footsteps of being an out-of-state Dolphins fan). now i just gotta reserve a hotel room that is reasonably clean and not gonna cost me an arm and a leg.

but i swear, if i see Eich imitating a revolving door, i'm gonna get down to the field and kick in the arse. just have to figure out how to rappel down from the upper deck. Wink

mercury22nathan

DolFan 316 and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:37 pm

Watching the Giants game last night and after the 11th sack my wife says either the Blockers don't like the QB or they just suck. Love that Analysis.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:09 pm

is it me or does Daniel Jones look like the Man in the Yellow Hat from the Curious George books?

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:15 pm

white1 wrote:However, I have to warn you.  When my two teams play each other (I like the Giants but theyr'e more my fathers team than mine), the one who looks the best at that point in time will lose.  No measure of football analysis can explain it.  It just happens. So if you want to double your home equity or something take the 9.5 points and the Giants, it's a can't lose! Wink

Oh now you've done it. I was honestly just going to stay out of everybody else's way today and let the quality discussion flow, but you just HAD to drag me back in...

SO...is this really true? It certainly wasn't in '72 or '90 when they met. But that was so long ago you could argue it's beside the point, and I would agree.

'93: Fins had just edged out the Cowboys in That Thanksgiving Snow Game, but the Giants were 8-3 coming in and not down to Steve Deberg at QB. ANALYSIS: Fins, although not by as much as it seemed. RESULT: Giants win.

'96: Giant came in one game worse and had just been shut out by the Eagles. But unlike the Fins they weren't on a 2-game losing streak. ANALYSIS: Inconclusive. RESULT: Giants win.

'03: Both teams were 2-1 and coming off a bye. ANALYSIS: Inconclusive, although being 0-3 VS the Giants since '72 might give a *slight* edge to the Giants. RESULT: Fins win.

'07: 0-7 Fins take on 5-2 Giants. ANALYSIS: Do I even have to type the word Giants for this one?  Laughing RESULT: Giants win.

'11: 0-6 Fins take on 4-2 Giants who are coming off a bye. ANALYSIS: Giants. RESULT: Giants win, but it's surprisingly close due to the Fins players suddenly deciding they didn't want to Suck For Luck after all.

'15: Both teams are 5-7. Fins are coming off a fluky win VS the Ravens while the Giants had just lost in OT to the Jets. ANALYSIS: Fins, but just barely. RESULT: Giants win.

'21: Fins are 5-7 but on a 5-game win streak. Giants are 4-7 on a...one-game win streak. ANALYSIS: Definitely Fins. RESULT: Fins win.

CONCLUSION: Any correlation between which team looks better coming in and which team wins is tenuous at best. Also, you have to back to '72 to find a Fins-Giants matchup in which this team looked as significantly better as right now, and even then the '72 Giants were arguably the toughest opponent for them that season. This is uncharted territory as far as that's concerned. I don't think white1 has anything to worry about besides the Giants looking better than some people expect--and even then only because they surely can't be any worse. But even I, the Potentate Of Pessimism, would be resorting to obvious reverse psychology to predict an outright loss here.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:18 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:but i swear, if i see Eich imitating a revolving door, i'm gonna get down to the field and kick in the arse.  just have to figure out how to rappel down from the upper deck.  Wink

I am now eagerly looking forward to seeing the highlight of this happening for real. Yes, I'm serious. Eich being a revolving door would be worth it for once. Razz

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next