The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Two Games Are MUST WINS!!!

+3
white1
JMP
DolFan 316
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Next Two Games Are MUST WINS!!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Next Two Games Are MUST WINS!!!

Post by JMP Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:40 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:is it me or does Daniel Jones look like the Man in the Yellow Hat from the Curious George books?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Next Two Games Are MUST WINS!!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Next Two Games Are MUST WINS!!!

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:03 am

FYI the Giants have the league's worst point differential. Yes, even worse than the Bad News Bears. And it's actually not that close.

When Team A is leading the league in scoring while Team B is dead last, both teams are almost equal in points allowed, and Team A is playing at home with their starting QB healthy going in, then all logic says team A should win.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:38 am

Thx for checking me DF, clearly it's all in my head from just being a battered and bruised Fins fan Smile
white1
white1

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:46 am

PFF rated Eich as low. low on pass blocking but sorta-kinda good on run blocking?

It seems like the Phins should have RUN THE BALL MORE!!
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:00 am

finfanatic wrote:

I completely agree. We need to feed Achane!

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:27 pm

white1 wrote:Thx for checking me DF, clearly it's all in my head from just being a battered and bruised Fins fan Smile

No problem, I'm just a natural helper of people anyway. Seriously.

Also, I can't have anybody threatening my spot as Potentate Of Pessimism so whenever somebody seems about to knock me off the throne I MUST take steps to prevent it, MUAHAHAHAHA!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

(Whoops, did I actually type that last part out?)

Wink

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:33 pm

JMP wrote:
finfanatic wrote:

Right now, Achane IMO is the front runner for OROY. He has just 9 fewer yards rushing than 8th overall pick Bijan Robinson (yet another strike against RBs) on around half the attempts, and six rushing/receiving scores to Bijan's one. This pick was so unlike any of Grier's other ones from the last two drafts that I can only conclude Achane was a McDaniel pick all the way. This is further reinforced by Grier's infamous refusal to draft any RB higher than the 7th round until now.

BTW I'm blaming all the trade offers for other RBs solely on Grier, there's no way that was McDaniel's idea after landing his prize pick Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:39 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:
finfanatic wrote:

Right now, Achane IMO is the front runner for OROY. He has just 9 fewer yards rushing than 8th overall pick Bijan Robinson (yet another strike against RBs) on around half the attempts, and six rushing/receiving scores to Bijan's one. This pick was so unlike any of Grier's other ones from the last two drafts that I can only conclude Achane was a McDaniel pick all the way. This is further reinforced by Grier's infamous refusal to draft any RB higher than the 7th round until now.

BTW I'm blaming all the trade offers for other RBs solely on Grier, there's no way that was McDaniel's idea after landing his prize pick Cool

Yeah, I think it is obvious that Achane was a McD pick.

As far as the trade rumors, my guess is that the Phins were looking for bargain-basement deals and were never really serious about making any of those trades unless they were able to rip-off the team/player. I think the stories about the Phins being hot and heavy for all these backs was just media-driven. But I suppose we'll never know.

As far as OROY, my guess is CJ Stroud runs away with the award because he's a QB. Which is a shame, because Achane is deserving. Lots of games left, though - if Achane continues at this current pace, which is highly unlikely, he'd have a shot at least.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:23 pm

D'OH~! I totally forgot about Stroud! Embarassed Which is really weird because I WAS thinking about him this morning and how deeply disturbed I already am at the prospect of him taking the Texans to 13 wins or so after an 0-2 start and for that team to be everything this one was supposed to while the Fins scrape along with 8-9 wins. I have a horrible feeling this is going to happen affraid

I have actually decided to root against Stroud and the Texans out of sheer spite. I know this is childish, and I don't care. At least I own it.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:19 pm

DF316 wrote:I have actually decided to root against Stroud and the Texans out of sheer spite. I know this is childish, and I don't care. At least I own it.

Don't try and pull that on us!!

You have said repeatedly that OSU QBs all stink, and now....

Stroud may make you eat those words.

Not so much Justin Fields. Man, he looks "turrible, turrible" as Chuck Barkley would say
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP, DolFan 316 and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:09 pm

finfanatic wrote:
DF316 wrote:I have actually decided to root against Stroud and the Texans out of sheer spite. I know this is childish, and I don't care. At least I own it.

Don't try and pull that on us!!

You have said repeatedly that OSU QBs all stink, and now....

Stroud may make you eat those words.

Not so much Justin Fields. Man, he looks "turrible, turrible" as Chuck Barkley would say

Okay okay ya got me. You guys know me all too well! Laughing Laughing Laughing (But I'm still also rooting against the Texans making the playoffs too in general.)

But in my defense if you looked at this list wouldn't you come to the same conclusion? PFR actually felt they had to include Burrow just to prop up the rest of these scrubs! Burrow's no more a Buckeye QB than I'm a current Florida resident just for living there a few months 26 years ago Rolling Eyes

As mentioned many times before, Tomczak was the one undrafted QB of the bunch. Also, this only includes the guys who actually played and made an NFL roster.

https://stathead.com/tiny/IDOCQ

What Stroud's doing shouldn't be possible, I tell you!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:41 pm

Yeah, I was actually agreeing with you.

But since Stroud and now Fields is showing out, I couldn't resist...

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:41 pm

Good to see the Strouds get a prick in their balloon Cool Even if he apparently set the record for most passes to start a career without an INT...Finskev can be happy about that at least.

One down, one to go. Can the Fins stave off the dreaded Claypool Effect? affraid

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:20 pm

Mission accomplished cheers cheers cheers

The REAL season starts now as far as I'm concerned. The first six games were just an extended warmup/exhibition. I expect this team to be 6-3 going into the bye. Anything less will make me furious and anything more will be a huge bonus.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:05 pm

After watching the Chiefs and Eagles play this week, I honestly don't see how we lose to either team.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:03 am

JMP wrote:After watching the Chiefs and Eagles play this week, I honestly don't see how we lose to either team.

Yeah, anybody who has issues with how the Fins performed VS the Panthers and Giants is exactly what certain people on previous forums accused me of being--a completely miserable mess who is literally incapable of being happy about anything ever. (My issue BTW is and always has been that I despise feeling unhappy about ANYTHING.)

The Eagles 5 wins were by a combined 37 points. Forget the Broncos win--the Fins beat the Giants and Panthers alone by 36 points despite not being as perfect as some people would've liked. Philly was literally begging to get beaten. I hate that it had to be the Jets that did it but they were almost in the same situation as this team, only they hadn't played an actual contender yet.

The Chiefs have been held to 20 or less 3 times, let the Jets come back from 17 down to tie them before barely pulling that one out, and could only muster up 19 against the same Broncos who had the league's worst D.

The ONLY reason nobody in the media said anything about them being weak and vulnerable is that teams coming off a Super Bowl appearance tend to get the benefit of the doubt when they start a combined 10-2 the next season, no matter how weak the wins are. But both are definitely beatable. This shouldn't be another Bills situation (and even THEY are no longer blowing teams out now). I'm not going as far as you and saying the Fins should win both games but I will say they definitely shouldn't be losing to either team by more than 10 points based on everything we've seen from them this season.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2