The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Achane injured, on IR

+3
finfanatic
DolFan 316
CarsonChris
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Achane injured, on IR - Page 2 Empty Re: Achane injured, on IR

Post by JMP Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:57 pm

Well, I guess you'll be back since the Phins are going to win big. That's a win-win! cheers

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:10 pm

I heard some dweebs on radio (I think?) talking about the Phins vs the Panthers, getting a big lead and being able to rest the starters and let the subs play!?!?

I almost gagged I was so upset.

This is the sort of "drinking the orange and aqua kool-aid" (which JMP loves, by the way Smile ) that led to the Phins getting poleaxed by the Bills.

Yeah, the Panthers have a bad record, but they get paid to play too. Go out there expecting it to be a struggle and if you manage to put an epic beat down on the Panthers, so much the better.

But you had better prepare to have to play the whole game all game long!

Stop reading your press clippings and go out and perform at a high level!!!

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:13 pm

While I do like me some Dolphins kool-aid, I am in 100% agreement here, FF. It's only the 6th game and there's still a ton of work to do. NEVER LET UP, NEVER TAKE YOUR FOOT OFF THE GAS! Build toughness - not weakness.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:01 pm

finfanatic wrote:I heard some dweebs on radio (I think?) talking about the Phins vs the Panthers, getting a big lead and being able to rest the starters and let the subs play!?!?

I almost gagged I was so upset.

This is the sort of "drinking the orange and aqua kool-aid" (which JMP loves, by the way  Smile  ) that led to the Phins getting poleaxed by the Bills.

Yeah, the Panthers have a bad record, but they get paid to play too. Go out there expecting it to be a struggle and if you manage to put an epic beat down on the Panthers, so much the better.

But you had better prepare to have to play the whole game all game long!

Stop reading your press clippings and go out and perform at a high level!!!

Funny you should say that scratch

I was planning on sharing this at some point and the time seems to be now. Believe it or not, the Panthers are the only current franchise that has never come back from more than 17 down to win! Shocked To put that in perspective, even the lowly Giants managed to win after being down 21 this season.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/comebacks.htm

So based on their entire history, getting more than a 17-point lead really SHOULD be enough. Of course there's a first time for everything...

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:03 am

Yeah, McDaniel talked about this before the Giants game. He said something to the effect of "if you think you're going into a get-well game what you'll get instead is a hard lesson"

He's doing and saying all the right things IMO. Focusing on the team, correcting missed assignments, refining routes etc. The opponent doesn't matter as much as how poorly or well we are playing.

In short, no I don't see this team overlooking the Panthers. I expect them to play well and win.
white1
white1

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2