The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grier/Flores

+2
JMP
CarsonChris
6 posters

Go down

Grier/Flores Empty Grier/Flores

Post by CarsonChris Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:39 am

This GM coaching combination has me worried. I see a bunch of Grier guys not playing and a no nonsense coach.

Taco Charlton and Rosen as two big examples. Others were traded.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Grier/Flores Empty Re: Grier/Flores

Post by JMP Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:14 am

No need to worry. Both guys are on the same page, and we have experienced, successful people in the front office to help Grier. They have a plan in place, and they're following through with it.

Rosen was a minimal gamble that hasn't worked out (yet). Always a smart move to bring in talented QBs, especially if the price is dirt cheap, even if it fails.

Taco Charlton was a first round bust for Dallas. We gave him a chance, and it didn't work out. No harm done.

You're going to see a lot of players come and go with Flores as the head coach. It's just like New England: bring in as much talent as possible. If the players fit, great. If they don't fit, you dump them ASAP.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:03 pm

I read somewhere Flores has seen enough of Rosen. Doesn’t want him or think he’s capable of playing at the next level.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:45 pm

Yeah, that's what I assumed. The fact that he never got back on the field tells us all we need to know. I think Flores wants a real alpha QB, a true leader. Seems like that's not Rosen.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:54 pm

JMP wrote:.......Seems like that's not Rosen.

I agree completely. The Marino's, the Brady's, the Bree's, the Rivers', no one has to coach them on how to be a leader. They were born with those qualities. If a head coach has to tell you what he expects then there's no way you are going to grow into one.

Leaders lead from the very beginning. Good, bad or indifferent. They will lead! They will make mistakes, but they WILL lead you! Rosen, IMHO, doesnt walk around the building that way
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:45 pm

JMP wrote:Yeah, that's what I assumed.  The fact that he never got back on the field tells us all we need to know.  I think Flores wants a real alpha QB, a true leader.  Seems like that's not Rosen.

My worry is that this makes the Fins so desperate they wind up reaching for Tua or Herbert at #5, which would be a MAJOR mistake.

Umix10 wrote:I agree completely.  The Marino's, the Brady's, the Bree's, the Rivers', no one has to coach them on how to be a leader.  They were born with those qualities.  If a head coach has to tell you what he expects then there's no way you are going to grow into one.  

Leaders lead from the very beginning.  Good, bad or indifferent.  They will lead!  They will make mistakes, but they WILL lead you!  Rosen, IMHO, doesnt walk around the building that way

I would be remiss if I didn't point out that Degarmo has been saying this for a while now. Where is he anyway? scratch

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:26 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:Yeah, that's what I assumed.  The fact that he never got back on the field tells us all we need to know.  I think Flores wants a real alpha QB, a true leader.  Seems like that's not Rosen.

My worry is that this makes the Fins so desperate they wind up reaching for Tua or Herbert at #5, which would be a MAJOR mistake.

Everything I hear about Herbert's personality/leadership make me think he's in the same boat as Rosen when it comes to the "it" factor. If true, he likely won't be a Dolphin.

Tua, on the other hand, is exactly what Flores wants: an alpha QB. Obviously, we'll have to see if the hip is OK and if he's even going to be in the draft, but I 100% think he's the pick at #5 if he declares.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:02 am

JMP wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:

Everything I hear about Herbert's personality/leadership make me think he's in the same boat as Rosen when it comes to the "it" factor.  If true, he likely won't be a Dolphin.

Tua, on the other hand, is exactly what Flores wants: an alpha QB.  Obviously, we'll have to see if the hip is OK and if he's even going to be in the draft, but I 100% think he's the pick at #5 if he declares.

I have to agree, Herbert is more of a Rosen then anything but that doesn't mean that Miami wouldn't go after him. If he shows a lot of intelligent and shows out at the combine then Miami might go after him with one of their first round picks. from what I saw yesterday, Herbert could be more of a strong armed Pennington than a Rosen

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:57 pm

Yeah, if you could get a QB with Pennington's instincts, smarts, and know-how and with a rifle for an arm....You would really have something!

I will always thank Pennington for that one playoff season. Without him, the Phins Parcells/Sparano era would have been a disaster with a capital D!

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down