The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what the hell??? Brazil?

5 posters

Go down

what the hell???  Brazil? Empty what the hell??? Brazil?

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:44 pm

are we sure this is a good idea?

ESPN Deportes said that the league wants to play a game in Brazil in Week 1 next season and that the Dolphins are expected to be one of the participants.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article282579423.html

this tells me 2 things.

first, the NFL has lost its mind over limitless greed and is now officially being run by the gambling enterprises.

second, the NFL has already decided the Dolphins will not win the Super Bowl this year...cause now way in hell is the NFL opener for the reigning Super Bowl champ gonna be held in a foreign country.

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

what the hell???  Brazil? Empty Re: what the hell??? Brazil?

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:33 pm

look, i know you guys think i'm cuckoo when i say things like i did in the Phins/Pats preview thread.

The NFL makes a lot of money from legal gambling via not only more fan interest, but the license fees (lots of $$$) to use the NFL shield to give gambling outfits an heir of legitimacy (psst, that’s why the NFL keeps increasing games in Europe where sports betting is an accepted part of culture).

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com/t3173-way-too-early-pats-at-dolphins-predictions

and make assertions like...

mercury22nathan wrote:first, the NFL has lost its mind over limitless greed and is now officially being run by the gambling enterprises.

but hear me out. or better yet, listen to the facts.

Brazil is third in the world for sports online gamblers, with 42.5 million unique users of sports betting websites, according to a study published in June by the marketing data and analytics company Comscore. The country stands behind only the US and the UK.

https://www.euronews.com/business/2023/10/06/brazil-could-kill-its-golden-egg-betting-market-as-government-imposes-strict-regulations

and guess who comes in at number 4. that's right, Germany. gee, is it a coincidence the UK, Brazil and Germany just happen to be the sites outside the US targeted by the NFL?

so i ask you again, who do you think is really driving the train now that gambling industry has gotten their teeth into the NFL.

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:35 pm

It's really disgusting how they are destroying the NFL. Brazil??? Are you fucking kidding me???

Gambling is king. It's always been true, but now it's all out in the open. Ridiculous.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:41 am

I hope this is just more of the idjits who run the NFL being baseless idjits!

What a travesty this would be.

Miami should play some home games in September in the heat and humidity.... and force the visiting team to sit in the full direct sunshine side of the field. Like they did the first Barfalo Bills game last year!!

Very Happy
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:59 am

nothing against Brazil (the country of Carnaval Brasil Smile but the NFL does not need to be scheduling games halfway around the world. For that matter we don't need a weekly Thursday game. Player safety is not a priority no matter how much virtue signaling lip service Badell tries to give it.

HalCHorn

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:02 am

Badell?

Laughing

That's a good one, Hal.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:47 am

yep, the NFL is really gonna do it.

The Philadelphia Eagles will play host to the NFL's first regular-season game in Brazil, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announced Monday in his state of the NFL media conference at Allegiant Stadium.

The Eagles, who last played an international game in 2018, will face a to-be-announced opponent in São Paolo on Friday, Sept. 6, the day after the NFL season kicks off on Thursday night. This will be the NFL's first Friday game on opening weekend in more than 50 years.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39467033/eagles-play-nfl-first-game-brazil-kick-24

the good news is that it won't be against the Dolphins as they are not on the Eagles home schedule.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:38 am

Well, that is good news.

I Wonder if we'll see the NFL return to the horrendous schedules they usually give the Phins. Like two west Coast games back to back followed by an early game on the road the week after versus an AFC East opponent?

I can just hear them in their fancy Park Avenue offices...

"Man, we lucked out with the Dolphins having a rash of injuries! They almost won the AFC EAST!! Even with us forcing them to do the in season Hard Knocks as a major distraction!! And not to mention a word or two to some of the refs..."

"Yeah, if those idiots Bills hadn't started playing better, the Phins would have won the AFC East and maybe hosted a playoff game or two! What a travesty that would be!"

"We need to make sure the Phins have a truly difficult schedule next season. Can we get them to play in Brazil and then Germany or somewhere on the West Coast in a Thursday night game perhaps?"

"No, we will have to at least look like we are concerned about player safety! The Players Union will protest and have a snit over something like that. But what we can do is schedule them back to back..."

pale
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:54 am

FF left out the part where they all cackle evilly in perfect unison but otherwise I can totally see this actual conversation actually happening!

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:41 pm

No Brazil? OK, how about Spain???

Barry Jackson
@flasportsbuzz

NFL announces there will be 2025 game in Spain, where Dolphins and Bears have marketing rights. Game will be in Madrid. Teams in game not announced.

12:13 PM · Feb 9, 2024

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down