The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATED: Belichick and Patriots part ways

+3
finfanatic
HalCHorn
JMP
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

UPDATED: Belichick and Patriots part ways  Empty UPDATED: Belichick and Patriots part ways

Post by JMP Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:43 am

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2023/12/12/robert-kraft-bill-belichick-patriots-future/

According to NBC Sports Boston’s Tom E. Curran, the decision about Belichick’s future has already been made by team owner Robert Kraft.

Speaking during a Monday interview on the Arbella Early Edition program, Curran explained the timeline and details of what he’d heard. Asked if there was a chance Belichick could keep his job with the Patriots beyond the current season, he spelled it out.

“When they came out of [the 10-6 loss to the Colts on Nov. 12 in] Germany, conversations I had that week made it very clear that a decision was made,” said Curran. “They were going to play out the string, and at the end of the year, there would be a parting of the ways for a variety of reasons.”

Ultimately, Curran claimed that Belichick is beyond the point where he could save his job with the Patriots once the 2023 season ends.

“It had gone too far,” he explained. “The Germany game. The Commanders game. The Saints game. All huge, marquee games. And then there was the Chargers game after that.”

All of those games ended with the Patriots losing, a string of defeats that may have pushed Kraft toward a less lenient stance with the team’s longtime coach.

“Just because they won last week in Pittsburgh in primetime, I don’t think it quells anything.”

WOW!

I bet he goes to the Chargers if he plans to continue coaching.  But who will coach the Pats????

Last edited by JMP on Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

UPDATED: Belichick and Patriots part ways  Empty Re: UPDATED: Belichick and Patriots part ways

Post by HalCHorn Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:13 pm

I was really thinking Chargers too, but after thinking about it more I'd most be willing to bet on Washington since he's from Maryland (Annapolis HS) and the cap situation seems better going in. Also, NFC is behind the AFC in number of good teams now and I'm convinced he's only hanging around to pass Shula.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

UPDATED: Belichick and Patriots part ways  Empty Re: UPDATED: Belichick and Patriots part ways

Post by JMP Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:25 pm

HalCHorn wrote:I was really thinking Chargers too, but after thinking about it more I'd most be willing to bet on Washington since he's from Maryland (Annapolis HS) and the cap situation seems better going in.  Also, NFC is behind the AFC in number of good teams now and I'm convinced he's only hanging around to pass Shula.  

Oh, I didn't think of the Commanders but that makes perfect sense!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:58 am

I heard Florio and Simms saying Jarod Mayo was the HC in waiting behind Belichek, but maybe Kraft wants to
get rid of anything to do with Belichek; a deep cleanse so to speak and bring in somebody new.

If they do go with somebody new, the Pats will draft one of those big name QBs in the draft I am thinking.

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:30 am

Of course, my honest opinion is that the Pats should stand pat. Super Bowl coaches don't just grow on trees, you know.....Smile

BUT if he moves to Washington, I predict he will break Shula's record, because he will get three years there, and he can win the 17 games needed if given that long. I predict he's won his last playoff game, but he will go about 21-30 in Washington and break the record during the 2026 season.

Andy Reid might well break it again not long after that. Doesn't matter. Shula will always be the greatest.

HalCHorn

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:07 pm

Then again, the Chargers just might be desperate enough to throw multiple draft picks and a big contract at Belichick......

HalCHorn

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:40 am

finfanatic wrote:I heard Florio and Simms saying Jarod Mayo was the HC in waiting behind Belichek, but maybe Kraft wants to
get rid of anything to do with Belichek; a deep cleanse so to speak and bring in somebody new.

If they do go with somebody new, the Pats will draft one of those big name QBs in the draft I am thinking.

Yeah, I think they need to go in a completely different direction. Hiring Mayo seems like a continuation of the Belichick era. Mayo will bring youth and energy, but as far as philosophy I assume he is going to take what he learned from Belichick. I think their best move is to start over.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:42 am

HalCHorn wrote:Then again, the Chargers just might be desperate enough to throw multiple draft picks and a big contract at Belichick......

After last night, EVERY option is on the table for the Chargers - except keeping Staley. I'm shocked he's still employed today...I would have fired him at halftime. That was the most blatant display of giving up I've ever seen by a team.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:20 pm

Did you guys see that great last second win against the Broncos? I believe the Pats should stay the course and stick with their proven, Super Bowl quality coach. Just like the Jests are staying the course for 2024. No question! :-)

HalCHorn

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:01 am

It's official!

https://www.nfl.com/news/bill-belichick-patriots-mutually-agree-to-part-ways-after-24-seasons

Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots have mutually agreed to part ways after 24 seasons, NFL Network Insiders Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero reported on Thursday, per sources.

I think they HAVE to bring in an offensive head coach and let him pick his new QB at #3 overall.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:44 am

This has nothing to do with Bill being out of New England, but it makes me LOL every time I see it:

UPDATED: Belichick and Patriots part ways  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFCuI58T3aZ6wl3zLNqBEIn1CdREO5DVK1GQ&usqp=CAU

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:02 am

Is it just me or does Belichick look like a third grader who's been forced to wear a suit by his mother?

file:///C:/Users/HCCirc0724/Desktop/BillB.jpg

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:53 am

HalCHorn wrote:Is it just me or does Belichick look like a third grader who's been forced to wear a suit by his mother?

file:///C:/Users/HCCirc0724/Desktop/BillB.jpg

Very Happy Very Happy Yes, he looks VERY awkward and uncomfortable! LOL

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:16 pm

Belichick taking a second interview with the Falcons!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:39 pm

I just heard a report from some goober on Sirius NFL Channel say that if there are no problems with the contract, length or money, he expects Belicheck to be the new HC of the Falcons.
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:29 pm

finfanatic wrote:I just heard a report from some goober on Sirius NFL Channel say that if there are no problems with the contract, length or money, he expects Belicheck to be the new HC of the Falcons.

Putting Belichick on a team without a QB seems like a VERY risky move to me. They could take a QB at 8, but will he have a strong OC to develop the QB? Maybe McDaniels joins him there?

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:42 pm

Not unexpected. Perceived easy division with perceived doormat in Carolina and mediocre New Orleans. Belichick is just hanging around to pass Shula, this is his best bet to do it in 2 years though I still think it will take him three.

HalCHorn

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:39 pm

I saw that the Falcons are still interviewing. I guess Bill demanded complete control over personnel?

I just heard a rumor the Falcons are looking at GA HC Kirby Smart too!!

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:06 pm

interesting, there doesn't seem to be that much interest in interviewing Belichick outside of Atlanta. Maybe that non-Brady won/loss record has something to do with it?

Fun fact, Shula did have a firm offer after parting ways with Miami in 1996. From Baltimore, the relocated Cleveland franchise, looking to replace the recently fired Bill Belichick. Shula declined.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:43 pm

He won’t get another Job if He wants to total Control.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:00 am

It's sounding more and more like Belichick is not going to be hired by the Falcons. I haven't heard of any other interest...could he be done???? Shocked

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:09 am

JMP wrote:It's sounding more and more like Belichick is not going to be hired by the Falcons.  I haven't heard of any other interest...could he be done????  Shocked

It's almost like everybody's figured out he's actually a mediocre coach without Brady who's also out of touch with how a modern NFL offense should be run, or something scratch

Razz Twisted Evil

I hope he IS done so Shula's record is safe. I know that's being petty and childish, and I absolutely do not care.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:26 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:It's sounding more and more like Belichick is not going to be hired by the Falcons.  I haven't heard of any other interest...could he be done????  Shocked

It's almost like everybody's figured out he's actually a mediocre coach without Brady who's also out of touch with how a modern NFL offense should be run, or something scratch

Razz Twisted Evil

I hope he IS done so Shula's record is safe. I know that's being petty and childish, and I absolutely do not care.

I agree completely! I think he's a dinosaur, and I don't want him breaking Shula's record.

Supposedly he said he's only interested in a smaller-market team so he doesn't have to deal with heavy-hitting, omnipresent media attention. I guess he's so out of touch that he doesn't realize that ALL media people are sharks these days! LOL

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:10 am

After Week 12, when Jones was benched, Belichick eventually stopped speaking to his quarterback. That lack of communication came to a head in the Patriots’ final game. It created an uncomfortable situation. Jones openly rooted for Zappe trying to show coaches he was handling his demotion maturely. However, behind closed doors, observers noted Jones had little support. It seemed like he was being shut out.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-bill-belichick-stopped-speaking-220236617.html

sound familiar? like when Flores stopped speaking to his offensive coaches.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:45 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
After Week 12, when Jones was benched, Belichick eventually stopped speaking to his quarterback. That lack of communication came to a head in the Patriots’ final game. It created an uncomfortable situation. Jones openly rooted for Zappe trying to show coaches he was handling his demotion maturely. However, behind closed doors, observers noted Jones had little support. It seemed like he was being shut out.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-bill-belichick-stopped-speaking-220236617.html

sound familiar?  like when Flores stopped speaking to his offensive coaches.

Now we know where Flores learned it...as if we didn't know already.

I can't imagine any scenario where a coach refusing to talk with his players and/or coaches is a good idea. You have to be a complete arrogant prick to pull that kind of crap.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next