The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATED: Belichick and Patriots part ways

+3
finfanatic
HalCHorn
JMP
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

UPDATED: Belichick and Patriots part ways  - Page 2 Empty Re: UPDATED: Belichick and Patriots part ways

Post by finfanatic Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:41 am

I wonder if Belichick actually wanted to draft Jones?

That doesn't seem like something he would want to do IMO.

I had heard Flores wanted Herbert, so he was already pre-disposed to dislike Tua.

This might be a similar situation with Mac Jones and Belichcik.

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

UPDATED: Belichick and Patriots part ways  - Page 2 Empty Re: UPDATED: Belichick and Patriots part ways

Post by JMP Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:49 am

finfanatic wrote:I wonder if Belichick actually wanted to draft Jones?

Belichick ran that team - I don't think anyone told him what to do. I definitely think he wanted Jones - and almost certainly on strong recommendations from his buddy Saban.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:11 pm

IMO Bill will end up in Dallas, after they underachieve again next year and McCarthy gets fired.
white1
white1

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:49 pm

white1 wrote:IMO Bill will end up in Dallas, after they underachieve again next year and McCarthy gets fired.  

Jerry Jones and Bill Belichick working together would be a VERY interesting dynamic! LOL

I have also heard that the Eagles could pursue Belichick if Sirianni is let go after this season...which I think is very possible.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:11 pm

Yes, to a point... IIRC...I had heard rumblings that Belichick did not think Jones was worth a 1st round pick, but Kraft was letting it be well known that the team needed to draft a QB in round one, so...

We may never know. But I think Kraft put some pressure on Belichick and sort of twisted his arm into drafting Jones.

The very next draft, the Pats used a 4th on Zappe and there always seemed to be a contingent that thought Zappe was better than Jones? Maybe fueled by Belichick's dislike for Jones?

Dang! I am starting to sound like DF316!!! Shocked

Laughing

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:32 pm

I would hire Belichick on the stipulation that he must wear a suit and tie on the sidelines, just like Tom Landry used to. Make him contractually obligated to wear a suit and tie to all public functions as well. :-)

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:21 pm

HalCHorn wrote:I would hire Belichick on the stipulation that he must wear a suit and tie on the sidelines, just like Tom Landry used to.  Make him contractually obligated to wear a suit and tie to all public functions as well.  :-)

Laughing I'd settle for ANYTHING other than the dirty cut-up sweatshirt. At least try a little, Bill! (And this comes from someone that wears jeans and a t-shirt 365 days a year! LOL)

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:43 am

JMP wrote:
HalCHorn wrote:I would hire Belichick on the stipulation that he must wear a suit and tie on the sidelines, just like Tom Landry used to.  Make him contractually obligated to wear a suit and tie to all public functions as well.  :-)

Laughing  I'd settle for ANYTHING other than the dirty cut-up sweatshirt.  At least try a little, Bill!  (And this comes from someone that wears jeans and a t-shirt 365 days a year!  LOL)

Laughing

I can get by with jeans, but have to wear shirts from my favorite french clothier... Perhaps you've heard of him... Jacques Penneys!

Very Happy

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:10 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2