The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL draft: Alex Collins

+3
finfanatic
JMP
rightchea
7 posters

Go down

NFL draft: Alex Collins  Empty NFL draft: Alex Collins

Post by rightchea Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:37 am

So Miami is thinking about going after this guy in the draft......

OMar Kelly wrote:Tailback happens to be one of those positions that is easily found and groomed in South Florida. All it takes is a look at the amount of NFL tailbacks from the area to realize that.

The last South Florida tailback the Miami Dolphins drafted served as the franchise's featured back for three seasons, and it appears the Dolphins have another local standout on its draft radar.

Former Arkansas standout Alex Collins, who starred at South Plantation High, visited the Dolphins last week. According to a source, Collins is viewed as one of the few draft prospects Miami's brass believes could seamlessly replace Lamar Miller, the former University of Miami standout who signed a four-year, $26 million contract with the Houston Texans as a free agent.

Collins, who rushed for 1,000-plus yards in three consecutive seasons, finished his junior season with a career high 1,577 yards and a school-record 20 rushing touchdowns despite splitting the backfield with Jonathan Williams, who is also in the 2016 NFL draft.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-former-south-plantation-standout-alex-collins-is-on-the-dolphins-radar-20160412-story.html

Here is also some video of him as well...

rightchea

Back to top Go down

NFL draft: Alex Collins  Empty Re: NFL draft: Alex Collins

Post by JMP Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:58 am

I like Collins a lot. Runs with power and has good hands, and he's been productive his whole college career - not just a one-year wonder.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:23 pm

There are some good RBs in this draft class.

I wonder where they are thinking they will have to draft Collins at to get him?
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:18 pm

Darius Jackson RB, from Eastern Michigan will visit the Dolphins. I'm a fan.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:03 am

and because it just wouldn't be the Phins unless they strongly considered an injured guy...

...the Dolphins summoned one of them --- Utah’s Devontae Booker --- to team headquarters today, according to sources.

Booker’s season came to an end in the 10th game with a torn meniscus in his knee...

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2016/04/wednesday-night-dolphins-summon-running-back-more-dolphins-draft-mcilwainricht-panthers-.html

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:14 am

I'm now firmly on the Darius Jackson 5th round bandwagon. Of course I'm assuming I can't have Elliot or Henry. Jackson, 6' 220 LBS, ran a 4.40 fourty and is a solid receiver. What I REALLY like about him is he will easily grow to around 230 and not loose a step.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am

mercury22nathan wrote:and because it just wouldn't be the Phins unless they strongly considered an injured guy...

...the Dolphins summoned one of them --- Utah’s Devontae Booker --- to team headquarters today, according to sources.

Booker’s season came to an end in the 10th game with a torn meniscus in his knee...

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2016/04/wednesday-night-dolphins-summon-running-back-more-dolphins-draft-mcilwainricht-panthers-.html

He's also from Utah. That's a near lock if he's available.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:02 pm

Well there you go then, Booker's as good as theirs.

I'm just waiting for the reaction here when literally every Fins pick is an injury-prone player coming off an injury.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:11 pm

I don't see Gase getting a injury prone player. IMO, he go for players that we don't need.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down