The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manning visit Tannehill, Gase

+5
Degarmo
finfanatic
white1
JMP
rightchea
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Manning visit Tannehill, Gase - Page 2 Empty Re: Manning visit Tannehill, Gase

Post by JMP Thu May 12, 2016 9:21 am

Birdmond wrote:To me there is no doubt Tannehill must win this year or he's gone.  The contract is set up for this very circumstance.  

I don't know. That's what I hope, because if he hasn't been able to guide the team to a winning record in 5 years as a starter, IMO it's time to move on. But, if he continues to put up decent numbers - even with a losing record - I fear that the Phins will be too enamored with his stats to make a bold move like that. Finding a QB isn't easy, and I worry that the Phins will look at Tannehill's stats - let's say he throws for 4000 yards and has a positive QB:INT ratio again - and think that he's good enough. There's also no one on the roster to take his place, so they'd either be starting over with a journeyman veteran or an unproven rookie. Not sure that's what Tannenbaum wants to do.

As for Gase, Ross essentially said that he's got 3 years...so I don't know if a QB change in year two is going to be in Gase's plans.

Ideally, Tannehill has a great season and the Phins win a playoff game. But, I really don't see that happening. Hope I'm wrong.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu May 12, 2016 12:28 pm

JMP wrote:
Birdmond wrote:To me there is no doubt Tannehill must win this year or he's gone.  The contract is set up for this very circumstance.  

I don't know. That's what I hope, because if he hasn't been able to guide the team to a winning record in 5 years as a starter, IMO it's time to move on. But, if he continues to put up decent numbers - even with a losing record - I fear that the Phins will be too enamored with his stats to make a bold move like that. Finding a QB isn't easy, and I worry that the Phins will look at Tannehill's stats - let's say he throws for 4000 yards and has a positive QB:INT ratio again - and think that he's good enough. There's also no one on the roster to take his place, so they'd either be starting over with a journeyman veteran or an unproven rookie. Not sure that's what Tannenbaum wants to do.

As for Gase, Ross essentially said that he's got 3 years...so I don't know if a QB change in year two is going to be in Gase's plans.

Ideally, Tannehill has a great season and the Phins win a playoff game. But, I really don't see that happening. Hope I'm wrong.

If I'm wrong I'll kiss Lauren Tanehill's ass. I say this is Tanny Boy's last stand.

I could see a scenario where the offense and Tannehill are fantastic and the defense is so bad we still finish 7-9 but that would require some injuries.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Thu May 12, 2016 2:45 pm

Birdmond wrote:
Ideally, Tannehill has a great season and the Phins win a playoff game.  But, I really don't see that happening.  Hope I'm wrong.

If I'm wrong I'll kiss Lauren Tanehill's ass.  I say this is Tanny Boy's last stand.   [/quote]

I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing. Just sayin. Worse things in the world to do.

Manning visit Tannehill, Gase - Page 2 Tanneh10
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu May 12, 2016 3:12 pm

Birdmond wrote:
If I'm wrong I'll kiss Lauren Tanehill's ass.  I say this is Tanny Boy's last stand.  

I could see a scenario where the offense and Tannehill are fantastic and the defense is so bad we still finish 7-9 but that would require some injuries.  

I'd like to kiss Lauren's ass whether I'm right or wrong...and I'd like to do some other things to it while I'm at it!  Twisted Evil

Well, I sure hope you're right.  Win or go home time for Tannehill.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Fri May 13, 2016 6:34 am

JMP wrote:
Birdmond wrote:
If I'm wrong I'll kiss Lauren Tanehill's ass.  I say this is Tanny Boy's last stand.  

I'd like to kiss Lauren's ass whether I'm right or wrong...and I'd like to do some other things to it while I'm at it!  Twisted Evil

Yeah me too. I like to hedge my bets.

BTW, It's a shame emojis don't work when posting from a phone. I hate myself whenever I type "LOL".

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2