The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Score predictions - Phins vs. Seahawks

+7
HalCHorn
Birdmond
finskev
rightchea
DolFan 316
mercury22nathan
JMP
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Score predictions - Phins vs. Seahawks - Page 2 Empty Re: Score predictions - Phins vs. Seahawks

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:22 pm

JMP wrote:
finskev wrote:Cutler didn't play in the Seattle game last year. Jimmy Clausen went 9-17 for 63 yards, Bears only ran 44 Plays for the Whole Game.

So what happened...Boy Genius Gase the "QB whisperer" couldn't get anything out of Clausen?   geek

Gase is human, and thus like every other human even he has limitations Laughing

But he did somehow "whisper" enough to Clausen to get him not to turn it over even once, which if you think about it is actually really impressive Shocked

So therefore, if Gase-led Clausen didn't turn it over against the Seahawks, then if Tannehill has even one, I will consider him a failure. Seems fair to me Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Score predictions - Phins vs. Seahawks - Page 2 Empty Re: Score predictions - Phins vs. Seahawks

Post by JMP Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:43 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:
finskev wrote:Cutler didn't play in the Seattle game last year. Jimmy Clausen went 9-17 for 63 yards, Bears only ran 44 Plays for the Whole Game.

So what happened...Boy Genius Gase the "QB whisperer" couldn't get anything out of Clausen?   geek

Gase is human, and thus like every other human even he has limitations Laughing

But he did somehow "whisper" enough to Clausen to get him not to turn it over even once, which if you think about it is actually really impressive Shocked

So therefore, if Gase-led Clausen didn't turn it over against the Seahawks, then if Tannehill has even one, I will consider him a failure. Seems fair to me Cool

Ha!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:02 pm

24-3 Seahawks.

Maybe we can trade for one of Denver's QB's?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:35 pm

ZERO optimism or excitement for Dolphin's football. Will just have to watch the first few games and learn the players and see how things go.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:52 am

JMP wrote:
mercury22nathan wrote:
now, the sports editor did bring up a good point i had not considered which makes me wonder if my prediction of the Phins scoring 13 is too generous.

Selig wrote:For all he’s done as an offensive coach, Adam Gase hasn’t solved Seattle’s defense. His Broncos were held to eight points in Super Bowl XLVIII, 20 points in a home loss to the Seahawks in 2014, and last year his Bears were shut out in Seattle. It’s a big ask for a new offense to come together in Week 1 in this environment.

so with superior talent, Gase's offense has averaged less that 10 points against Seattle's defense in the last 3 attempts - and put up a goose egg in Seattle.

Wow, that is very interesting.  I guess we'll see if Gase has finally figured out that Seattle D....

he's consistent, if nothing else. Gase's offense maintained his 10 point average against Seattle's D.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:59 am

he's consistent, if nothing else. Gase's offense maintained his 10 point average against Seattle's D.

I'll take consistency, if it's this fact: Omar reports that Gase offenses over three seasons averaged approx 6 points more than the NFL average per game of 23. Nowhere to go but up! Wink
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:36 am

white1 wrote:I'll take consistency, if it's this fact: Omar reports that Gase offenses over three seasons averaged approx 6 points more than the NFL average per game of 23.  Nowhere to go but up! Wink

That stat needs to be taken with a grain of salt.  Remember that Peyton Manning was Gase's QB in 2013 (37.9 points per game) and 2014 (30.1 points per game).  In Chicago, with Jay Cutler, Gase's offense averaged just 21 points per game.  I don't know about you, but I think Tannehill is more like Cutler than he is Manning.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2