The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

+9
Degarmo
white1
finfanatic
Umix10
mercury22nathan
HalCHorn
scotgif
DolFan 316
rightchea
13 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19 - Page 5 Empty Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by rightchea Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:53 am

well it looks like he has the right to ask for a trade to whatever team he wants

nfl.com wrote:ccording to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, the Dolphins have granted the wide receiver and his representatives permission to seek and facilitate a trade, per sources informed of the situation.

Miami placed the franchise tag on Landry last week.

As Rapoport previously noted -- the tag will pay Landry approximately $16 million and is non-exclusive, meaning he's able to negotiate with other teams, but would cost an outside suitor two first-round draft picks for the right to sign him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000918605/article/dolphins-grant-jarvis-landry-permission-to-seek-trade

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19 - Page 5 Empty Re: Landry traded to Browns for 4th in '18 + 7th in '19

Post by JMP Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:58 am

Hard to know what to believe this time of year, but if the Dolphins really gave Landry permission to seek a trade, then he's gone. But obviously no team will be giving the Phins two first rounders. The compensation will be negotiated way down. I still think a 3rd and a player is likely what we'd get.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:04 am

And then there's this:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article203014489.html#storylink=cpy
Barry Jackson wrote:
Landry’s agent, Damarius Bilbo, and the Dolphins met Wednesday in Indianapolis, and the Dolphins informed Bilbo that they would not be making a longterm contract offer to Landry at this time, if at all.

The Dolphins also said they would be OK with Landry playing next season with the $16 million franchise tag if a trade cannot be facilitated.

But make no mistake: The Dolphins clearly prefer to trade Landry and are pursuing efforts to accomplish that, as The Miami Herald’s Armando Salguero reported earlier this week.

The Dolphins are seeking a draft pick or a player in exchange for Landry. Chicago is among teams that has emerged as a possibility.

Landry’s camp and the Dolphins are working together on this, with both exploring trade options and Landry’s camp having permission to discuss longterm contract terms with other teams that might be interested in trading for him.

In early December, they offered Landry a contract that would pay him $13 million per season. Two weeks later, Bilbo countered with an offer close to $15 million per season.

But the Dolphins never responded to that offer and apparently won’t.

And now both parties are working toward facilitating a deal that would send Landry to a new team and give the Dolphins some compensation in return.

Obviously the Dolphins aren't going to pay Landry $16 million next season, so if this article is true than Landry is indeed a goner. Sad

Keep your ears open...the second we hear that Landry signed his franchise tender, we'll know a trade is happening. If I'm right and we trade him for a damn third rounder, I am NOT going to be a happy camper.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:34 am

i really, really want to keep Landry, but WOW, $15M per year is hard to swallow for a WR who is not in the Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald type mold.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:54 am

mercury22nathan wrote:i really, really want to keep Landry, but WOW, $15M per year is hard to swallow for a WR who is not in the Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald type mold.

The thing is, it's a negotaition: the team goes low, the agent goes high. Then, you keep talking and crunching numbers till you work out a deal that both sides can live with. In this particular case, the Phins made a low offer, the agent countered with a higher offer...and the Phins walked away. In all likelihood, since the two sides were only $2 million apart, they probably could have settled at $14 million and everyone would be happy. Clearly, the team doesn't want Landry.

Truth is, I was always a bit lukewarm on Landry - until this past season. Watching him dominate with a garbage QB and terrible play-calling was a real eye-opener for me. 112 catches and 9 TDs in that crap offense??? Nothing short of amazing. Add in the fact that he's the only skill player on offense that knows how to block and he's the only player on offense that plays with toughness, and you're talking about a guy that is going to be nearly impossible for this team to replace. It's sad...the team will overpay a mediocre player like Andre Fucking Branch who was on the team for just one season, but they won't give an extra $1 million to a guy that has been in Miami for 4 years and has been the most productive first-4-years-receiver in NFL history. It's disgusting.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:13 pm

Totally agree. The team is making a mistake. And for what? 2 milliion in annual salary and the possible gain of a garbage draft pick?

Dumb. The only way they are vindicated is if offense improves by light years this season. I’m not holding my breath.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:38 pm

Miami Dolphins are officially the fuck tards of the NFL. Ross is a bumbling idiot when it comes to football. Tannebaum is the latest Bill "take my money and run" Parcells. Gase is a younger version of "queasy" Joe. Grier is the nothing but a Kermit the Frog go along with the shit show piece of shit.

I knew this was happening. The most upsetting part is no matter what Miami does with Landry. No one, will ever wanna play here. No one in there right mind, will look at this situation and say if I'm fucking productive they will sign me. This will be the destination for high priced F/A who absolutely suck ass. Tim Mcdonald, Nate Allen, Kiko Alonso, Byron Maxwell, Ted Larsen, Joe Berger, Lawrence Timmons, Justin Smiley, fuck me man the list goes on an on. The entire league will know if you suck and wanna get paid you will instantly sign with MIami......
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:40 pm

white1 wrote:The only way they are vindicated is if offense improves by light years this season. I’m not holding my breath.

The scary part with that is, we're in year 3 of the Gase offense - this is the year we should be running smoothly and firing on all cylinders. But now, by losing the focal point of the offense, we will essentially be starting over. It's bad enough the offensive line changes constantly - now we're adding a complete re-shaping of the offense.

In the long run, maybe the passing game works better without relying primarily on one player to get the job done...but realistically, it seems like a lot to expect basically overnight. We need a top-tier TE AND a prolific WR that can block...AND we have to pray that somehow Parker becomes more than a JAG. If those 3 things happen, maybe we can replace what Landry brought to the table. Again, that seems like a lot to hope for, especially on a team that strikes out as much as this one does.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:49 pm

Umix10 wrote:Miami Dolphins are officially the fuck tards of the NFL.  Ross is a bumbling idiot when it comes to football.  Tannebaum is the latest Bill "take my money and run" Parcells. Gase is a younger version of "queasy" Joe.  Grier is the nothing but a Kermit the Frog go along with the shit show piece of shit.  

I knew this was happening. The most upsetting part is no matter what Miami does with Landry.  No one, will ever wanna play here. No one in there right mind, will look at this situation and say if I'm fucking productive they will sign me.  This will be the destination for high priced F/A who absolutely suck ass.  Tim Mcdonald, Nate Allen, Kiko Alonso, Byron Maxwell, Ted Larsen, Joe Berger, Lawrence Timmons, Justin Smiley, fuck me man the list goes on an on.  The entire league will know if you suck and wanna get paid you will instantly sign with MIami......

As a fan, it becomes harder and harder to root for the team when they consistently give away the few good players that they drafted. Who the hell are we supposed to root for on this team??? I was just starting to turn the corner on Ajayi, who I didn't like at first, and then he got traded. Then, I finally start to appreciate Landry and think maybe, just maybe, I finally have a new favorite Dolphin - and he's going to be on a new team any day. It's just so frustrating...I don't really like any players on this team, and I hate the head coach.

But, this is my team and I'm stuck with it...just have to ride out the Tannenbaum/Gase error and hope for better luck next time.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:01 pm

JMP wrote:But, this is my team and I'm stuck with it...just have to ride out the Tannenbaum/Gase error and hope for better luck next time.

I am afraid you are correct.

When they franchise tagged Landry, I ASSUMED it was because they wanted to send him the message that they wanted him back. Apparently, I forgot just "how freakin' clever" Tannenbaum thinks he is! He slapped the tag on Landry to tell all the other teams, "Come on and sniff my balls you asshats! I am the King of CLEVER NFL Deals!!! Look on my works and Despair ye dingleberrys!!!"

I will just go ahead and say it, this team is gonna stink as long as Tannenbaum is the personnel decision maker.

I have not lost all phaith in Gase...just yet...but a few more dumbarsed deals to show how tough a HC he is and how his system can work with any bunch terds... and I just may have to admit he stinketh mightily too!

Man, this is already a depressing off season and they haven't really done much. But what they have done makes me queasy.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:41 pm

Umix10 wrote:This will be the destination for high priced F/A who absolutely suck ass.  Tim Mcdonald, Nate Allen, Kiko Alonso, Byron Maxwell, Ted Larsen, Joe Berger, Lawrence Timmons, Justin Smiley, fuck me man the list goes on an on.  The entire league will know if you suck and wanna get paid you will instantly sign with MIami......

I WISH the Fins had signed someone the caliber of Tim McDonald. I might even take him right now over T.J.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McDoTi00.htm

Don't you just love how the Fins literally couldn't get rid of their two best offensive players from a playoff season fast enough? When are they going to start trading away some of these lemons on the D? Oh that's right, since none of THOSE guys were drafted by the team they'll just get even MORE money instead. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I am convinced now more than ever that Ross and Tannenbaum are really Jets moles destroying the Fins from within. That fluke playoff season only made them even more determined so they kicked their plan into overdrive. You really can't explain these moves any other way. It's like what any of us would do if we bought the Pats.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:54 pm

unfortunately at the moment Miami can't find players that are really good for the fact that players don't want to deal with the owner that Miami has. I heard that players like Gase but it unfortunate that Miami has the front office that they have.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:01 pm

So Landry want to play for the Titans

Jason Wolf wrote:The Titans have not expressed interest in trading for Dolphins wide receiver Jarvis Landry, an NFL source told The Tennessean on Friday, but Tennessee rates among the three-time Pro Bowler's preferred destinations.

The Dolphins put the franchise tag on Landry last month, guaranteeing one of the league's top slot receivers a one-year deal for approximately $16.2 million, but on Thursday gave his agent permission to seek a trade partner.

Landry, 25, led the NFL with 112 catches last season while finishing with 987 receiving yards and nine touchdowns. He's reportedly looking for a four-year, $58 million deal.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2018/03/02/jarvis-landry-interested-playing-titans-who-have-not-reached-out-discuss-trade/391179002/

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:23 pm

Being from Hawaii, I wouldn't mind seeing Landry in Tennessee with Mariota. Delanie Walker plays a similar role in Tennessee for Mariota as Landry has been to the QB position in Miami. I think he would certainly maintain the volume of catches there.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:00 pm

So Miami talking trade with the Bears

Adam Wells wrote:As the Miami Dolphins continue to explore trade possibilities for wide receiver Jarvis Landry, the Chicago Bears have reportedly emerged as a potential suitor.
Per NBC Sports' John Mullin, the Bears and Dolphins have discussed a deal that would send Landry, a third-round pick and the No. 11 pick in the 2018 NFL draft to Chicago in exchange for running back Jordan Howard and the No. 8 pick.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2762485-jarvis-landry-trade-rumors-jordan-howard-swap-discussed-by-bears-dolphins

So Miami trading away a third round pick that they don't have and the 11th rd pick for Howard and the 8th. Most likely to get a QB even though Miami will need to find another WR. This is becoming the most embarrassing display of ownership I have ever seen in my life.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:28 pm

Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:46 pm

Giving up a 3rd and 11th overall to move up to 8th overall might just be the right value, and Jordan would help solve an immediate need.  That literally may be the best deal we can get right now from anyone.

If they have to move Landry, which they seem dead set on doing, I'd probably pull the trigger here. Moving up to 8th position could change the entire draft strategy.

Jordan has a shoulder injury history, I think, so that might be an issue with the Dolphins crack medical staff on the case.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:18 am

The bears trade would set us back if they do it right now IMHO. There is too many variables to consider. If they pull the trigger now, they most certainly are drafting the next QB. Cousins hasn’t signed yet. If he signs outside the top 10. We won’t get the QB they are looking at.

Getting Howard for Landry would be a waste. No doubt, Howard is a good running back, but trading for him would essentially say that we wasted a 3rd in Drake. Drake finished the year strong I think that he deserves a shot without looking over his shoulder. RB’s are not at a premium in the draft, especially in the early rounds. We can get a good back in the later rounds. With Jordan’s shoulder injury I don’t think this move would be a plus. Move Landry? Yes, but get a WR in return or a valued pick. The top 3 recievers once Landry moves are Parker, Stills, and Grant. In essence you are going to cover 112 receptions and 9 TD’s with a 1122 yard RB and 9 TD’s. If you think defenses stacked the box last year, Teams are going to put all 11 near the line if we get Howard!
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:17 am

In my opinion, Drake is a counter-punch back, not an every-down guy.  We need another skilled back to deflect some of the beating RBs take. Also, I'm not sure the Dolphins will bother with drafting QB early at all. I'm just trying to make the best out of a situation that includes a terrible front office Wink

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:22 am

We all know how gase loves him some ex-bears. I don't think you bring Howard in to start, but gase loves that 2-back system and he could be the perfect one-two punch with Drake. I don't think we bring Williams back.

I'm ok with getting the 8th pick if it is used properly. That is a big if with this team. The other question is does gase now get bold and pick Mayfield or one of the other top 2 or 3 remaining highest-rated QB's with that 8th pick?

All said, I'd rather have Landry back, but we all know that is not an option right now. So, let's get the best deal we can for him. I really thought we might get a 3rd at best for Landry. But if we get a pretty decent player and move up 3 spots in the draft, I like that.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:34 pm

Just read that Landry going to sign the franchise tag

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:13 pm

rightchea wrote:So Miami talking trade with the Bears

Adam Wells wrote:As the Miami Dolphins continue to explore trade possibilities for wide receiver Jarvis Landry, the Chicago Bears have reportedly emerged as a potential suitor.
Per NBC Sports' John Mullin, the Bears and Dolphins have discussed a deal that would send Landry, a third-round pick and the No. 11 pick in the 2018 NFL draft to Chicago in exchange for running back Jordan Howard and the No. 8 pick.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2762485-jarvis-landry-trade-rumors-jordan-howard-swap-discussed-by-bears-dolphins

So Miami trading away a third round pick that they don't have and the 11th rd pick for Howard and the 8th. Most likely to get a QB even though Miami will need to find another WR. This is becoming the most embarrassing display of ownership I have ever seen in my life.

I'm a big Jordan Howard fan, but there's a ton of good RBs in this draft. Moving up to 8 probably means Tremaine Edmunds, IMO. I really don't think the Phins will draft a QB early.

Again: STOP TRADING PICKS AWAY!!!!! This wouldn't be an awful trade, but I just can't stand constantly giving picks away.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:39 pm

Gase was never one to rely on the run game on spec. He wanted to pass the ball. I don’t see getting Howard helping this team. Especially in his third year of his rookie contract. We have long term issues that can’t be solved with short term solutions. Trading Landry, abosolutely has to count. If you move into the top 10 you need the franchise player that Miami has been missing for years. The only franchise player is the QB. You can’t win without one. No one on any team anywhere is worth the Franchise Tag except a Franchise QB. But here we are again, the water in the building isn’t any different then the one they drank by franchising Soliai, or transition tagging Clay, and now Landry!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:55 pm

Umix10 wrote:Gase was never one to rely on the run game on spec.  He wanted to pass the ball.  I don’t see getting Howard helping this team.  Especially in his third year of his rookie contract.  We have long term issues that can’t be solved with short term solutions.  Trading Landry, abosolutely has to count. If you move into the top 10 you need the franchise player that Miami has been missing for years.  The only franchise player is the QB. You can’t win without one.  No one on any team anywhere is worth the Franchise Tag except a Franchise QB.  But here we are again, the water in the building isn’t any different then the one they drank by franchising Soliai, or transition tagging Clay, and now Landry!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?

I assume Gase wants a RB that can catch passes, and while Howard isn't terrible at it, that's definitely not a big part of his game. They could use him on early downs with Drake being the third down back - which would be ideal IMO - but Gase never did that with Ajayi and Drake, so who knows?

On the QB - I'd LOVE to draft one in the top 10. I just don't see it happening. Maybe they'll grab one later - but I don't even think they'll do that. I think they re-sign Fales, and go with what they have. Gase needs to win now, and he's never developed a young QB - so I think he sticks with Tannehill, for better or worse.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:23 pm

In comparison, Howard caught 23 passes last year, while being the featured back in chicago’s offense. Drake had 32 and only featured in the back half of the season and only after they lost Williams.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next