The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Build through the draft

5 posters

Go down

Build through the draft Empty Build through the draft

Post by CarsonChris Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:29 pm

Miami has this bad habit of trying to build through FA and 9 times out of 10 the players don’t work out. We have the draft capitol to finally fix things the right way. No more trades for other teams rejects, no more buying high priced trouble makers. Let’s start doing this right with a mental evaluation of our prospects along with a good physical. Then if everything checks out we draft them.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Build through the draft Empty Re: Build through the draft

Post by JMP Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:33 pm

I think the plan is to build the core through the draft, but we'll have to sign a lot of free agents just to fill out (and improve)the roster. My guess is we'll sign one high-priced FA (Thuney???), and then look at some of the lower-tier FAs that are young, ascending or at least solid and much cheaper.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:47 am

I see Miami getting some key players in FA that understand the attitude of winning that will help the young guys out. FA should be a place to find leaders that can come in help the rookies understand the mission of making it to the superbowl. I think this is why Miami is going after some players from the Pats.They played well under Flores and they understand the gameplan

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:51 am

rightchea wrote:I see Miami getting some key players in FA that understand the attitude of winning that will help the young guys out. FA should be a place to find leaders that can come in help the rookies understand the mission of making it to the superbowl. I think this is why Miami is going after some players from the Pats.They played well under Flores and they understand the gameplan

Yep, exactly. Well said.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:49 am

This team is so lacking in talent though that they'll have to sign *some* FAs anyway by default. I'm thinking 5-10 guys. And I'm fine with that, as long as they don't hand out absurd cap-busting deals because "the market".

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:43 pm

Miami has enough cap space to get two good guys and some average players that can come in and make things happen.

we have 10 more days before free agency starts...I am actually excited this year to see what happens

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:28 pm

I'd like to see a bunch of guys drafted that are non-exciting to the general moronic public who come in and play for 10-12 years in the trenches, making multiple pro bowls along the way.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:07 am

Has anyone this shit.....

Will Brinson wrote:If Miami is willing to give up No. 5 and No. 18, the Cowboys pull the trigger and go sign a free agent. If you're Miami, you do that right? Two picks -- probably less than the cost of getting Tua in a trade up -- and you land Dak. You can hand him $40 million and get down to the business of building out your roster. I know the new "Moneyball" is having a QB on a rookie deal, but it's way more important to have a good quarterback.

The Dolphins can guarantee they've got a 26-year-old franchise quarterback, albeit one who is expensive. Let the Cowboys figure out how to rebuild at the position. This deal won't happen, because Jerry Jones loves Dak too much, having "found" him in the draft. But it's fun to imagine. Let's gooooo.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-cowboys-tag-and-trade-dak-prescott-to-dolphins-in-outside-the-box-first-round/

If Miami does this I will stop being a fan and burn all my Dolphins gear.....

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:27 am

rightchea wrote:Has anyone this shit.....

Will Brinson wrote:If Miami is willing to give up No. 5 and No. 18, the Cowboys pull the trigger and go sign a free agent. If you're Miami, you do that right? Two picks -- probably less than the cost of getting Tua in a trade up -- and you land Dak. You can hand him $40 million and get down to the business of building out your roster. I know the new "Moneyball" is having a QB on a rookie deal, but it's way more important to have a good quarterback.

The Dolphins can guarantee they've got a 26-year-old franchise quarterback, albeit one who is expensive. Let the Cowboys figure out how to rebuild at the position. This deal won't happen, because Jerry Jones loves Dak too much, having "found" him in the draft. But it's fun to imagine. Let's gooooo.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-cowboys-tag-and-trade-dak-prescott-to-dolphins-in-outside-the-box-first-round/

If Miami does this I will stop being a fan and burn all my Dolphins gear.....

I actually like Dak...but this would be ridiculous, and IMO it is not something the Dolphins would ever consider.

The Dolphins are working to create and keep flexibility with the cap - they're not going to wreck the cap on an overpaid veteran QB.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:48 pm

I don't see nothing wrong with Dak either but I wouldn't give up two first round picks for him.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:03 pm

rightchea wrote:I don't see nothing wrong with Dak either but I wouldn't give up two first round picks for him.

Exactly. Two first rounders plus almost $40 million a year?? Hell no!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down