The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stats on offense by team.

4 posters

Go down

Stats on offense by team.  Empty Stats on offense by team.

Post by CarsonChris Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:51 pm

Miami currently ranks second to last. Not good considering the investment in the off season on "weapons".

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Stats on offense by team.  Empty Re: Stats on offense by team.

Post by JMP Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:42 pm

The OL was a bit better last game against one of the better fronts in the NFL, so hopefully they can continue to improve. But until they reach a level of at least mediocre, this offense is going to struggle regardless of who is playing QB, RB, TE or WR.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:29 am

I had a football coach tell me 100 yards of offense usually equates to 7 points. We are averaging 260 yards of offense. Or 18.2 per the coaches equation. The top teams are averaging 400 yards per game. To be competitive we need to up our output by 140 yards a game.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:04 am

It is hard to believe that all the efforts to IMPROVE the offense by Miami during the offseason actually made things WORSE!

Right now, I would vote in favor of a complete housecleaning on the coaching, scouting, team admins, and bring in a big time GM and let him hire everyone else.

Who that big time GM is though.... I have no idea.

We know Ross has no idea.

I suspect Ross stands pat and gives Grier and Flores another shot. Especially if they manage to win a few more games.

But the problems will remain. Flores doesn't understand how much offensive coaching consistency improves the offense. And Grier, despite his wheeling and dealing of draft picks, could not structure a draft board if his life depended on it IMHO. And the free agency signings are based more on cap considerations than actual improving the team it looks like.

finfanatic
finfanatic

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:19 am

It is hard to believe that all the efforts to IMPROVE the offense by Miami during the offseason actually made things WORSE!

I really believe it is as simple as this. Gailey and his staff >>> Current staff on offense.

The players don't matter that much if they are out of position, ill prepared, and running a bad game plan. Couple that with a weak offensive line and you got bottom of the league performance. That simple.
white1
white1

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:00 pm

white1 wrote:

I really believe it is as simple as this.  Gailey and his staff >>> Current staff on offense.

The players don't matter that much if they are out of position, ill prepared, and running a bad game plan.  Couple that with a weak offensive line and you got bottom of the league performance.  That simple.

Yep.

I'll take it a step further...I would pinpoint the main issue directly on the OL coach. When the OL completely sucks, playcalling almost doesn't matter - because you can't do anything! Sure, you can scheme to help the OL somewhat, but that will only get you so far. And the OL last season was at least adequate...this season it's been horrendous.

Hopefully the changes made last game will get us on track??? Because if the OL improves, everything else will improve IMO.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:06 pm

Agree and I’m encouraged by two things. Jackson graded out best at LG and Eichenburg graded out well at LT.

On the downside Davis is having a horrible year at RT.

We can live with one weak link but need an upgrade there
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:35 pm

white1 wrote:Agree and I’m encouraged by two things. Jackson graded out best at LG and Eichenburg graded out well at LT.

On the downside Davis is having a horrible year at RT.

We can live with one weak link but need an upgrade there

As I said in another thread, Jackson had some awful plays at guard, when looking at the game footage. I supposes he was "better", but still a liability. I think Eich was very good from what I saw, so that is certainly good news.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down