The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

13 and 35 Miami's draft

+5
mercury22nathan
HalCHorn
DolFan 316
JMP
CarsonChris
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

13 and 35 Miami's draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 13 and 35 Miami's draft

Post by JMP Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:56 pm

Nice work, Hal!

Linderbaum vs. Burks would be a real tough decision. I would usually draft a playmaker over OL, so I'd probably go Burks...but Linderbaum would be real tough to pass up.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

HalCHorn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:38 pm

2 (48) Nicholas Petit-Frere, OT, Ohio State

Yeah, it was a concern watching him in the Michigan game, but to be fair that was against the # 1 player in this draft and it was just one game.

Not to troll you Hal, but in talking about Michigan - Ohio St with a fellow Fin phan I said to him "so whichever Tackle gave up those sacks you can bet Miami will draft him in the first round" Very Happy

You get credit two fold: For accuracy if they make that pick, and you got a STEAL by taking him in the second round! LOL

white1
white1

HalCHorn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:15 pm

Treylon Burks is the absolute perfect player to pick if he's still there.

Which draft sim are you using BTW?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:36 pm

HalCHorn

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:43 pm

That's one of the ones I've been using too. Their player ratings are...quite a bit different from all the other mock drafts though for some reason.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:45 pm

Doing the mock now. I just traded down from 22 to 27 with KC and picked up their 2nd next year in the process...and Burks is still there Shocked Shocked Shocked I can't believe that actually worked!!! (He was literally the 27th ranked player too.)

And that was it, because I forgot to put the draft on all 7 rounds Embarassed Crying or Very sad

I'll never pull that off again since it was the Chiefs who offered me the trade. They took Drake London over Burks BTW. Suckers Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:04 pm

And now...to rip Hal's mock to shreds...um, critique it  Wink

HalCHorn wrote:Well, we're now down to the 22nd pick, but a lot has changed in 6 weeks.  Here's my updated stab at it:

At 22, I have a choice between Linderbaum, London and Burks.  Tough call, but I think Burks is going to be a playmaker in the NFL and a perfect compliment to Waddle.

1 (22) Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas

I can't help it, I am now all-in on Burks. If he's gone IRL I'd *probably* want O-line but I'd be devastated.

At 41 I am offered a 2023 3rd to move down 7 spots from Cincy.  I ask for 197 this year in addition and get it.

2 (48)  Nicholas Petit-Frere, OT, Ohio State

Yeah, it was a concern watching him in the Michigan game, but to be fair that was against the # 1 player in this draft and it was just one game.

That one game though is going to be the norm for Petit-Friere at the next level and completely turned me off him. Plus "Petit Friere" is just too feminine a name for an NFL OT. Might as well be named something like Gail Cogdill or Fair Hooker  Wink

3 (99) Chad Muma, LB, Wyoming.  

Three down LB, safe pick here.

Is it just me, or are almost all the LBs in this upcoming draft shrimpy? Seriously, almost all of those guys are 225 or even lighter  Shocked I do think the Fins could use someone else at LB so I often take Muma in my mocks when he's available, which he sometimes isn't because every different mock draft site rates him differently. At least he looks like a grown-ass man.

4 (114) Jerome Ford, RB, Cincinnati

Has really emerged in Cincy after transferring from Alabama.

The actual Bama RB Robinson is who I usually take since he always falls to this spot. Doaks has made me leery of Cincy RBs now. But I'll look into Ford and see if something's there, Cincy is in the playoff so they must be doing *something* right.

5 (117) Cameron Thomas, DE, San Diego State

You can never have enough pass rushers

I became aware of Cam Thomas through a Youtuber's NCAA '14 dynasty with updated rosters so I officially approve of this pick  Cool

6 (152) Sincere McCormick, RB, UTSA

Doubling up at a need position.

I sincerely haven't done enough research on him. But if this week's taught me anything it's that this team needs all the RBs the roster space will allow.

7 (157) Tariq Castro-Fields, CB, Penn State
8 (197) Brock Purdy, QB, Iowa State

A backup to groom.

I always look for a CB to take in my mocks (anybody would be better than Iggy, right?) but this late they all seem kinda sorta the same to me. I keep thinking about backup QB, but usually never get around to it. It seems like Purdy's been at Iowa St. forever, for what that's worth.

9 (210) Max Mitchell, OT, Louisiana
10 (222) DeAngelo Malone, EDGE, Western Kentucky

If Mitchell ever fell this far when I did a mock, I'd absolutely take him here  cheers Drafting two edge rushers instead of two WRs is...intriguing.  scratch

So we now have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds next year to boot with Cincy's third.

Better than Grier giving future picks away, that's for sure! cheers Very Happy

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:51 pm

OKAY...I remembered to out it on 7 rounds this time so I'll be going through my mock in real time.

PICK 22: Well before this pick I offered KC the exact same trade they offered me the last time. They refused. Figures. The Barfalo of all teams offered me an absolutely hilarious trade: picks 22 and 179 for picks 54, 85, 122, and their 2nd and 3rd next year! Shocked No way am I trading down 32 picks (equivalent to a full round) with a division rival no matter how much they offer me. They CLEARLY want Burks. Well, they aren't gonna have him, dagnabit! I don't care of Tyler Linderbaum's still available, Treylon Burks is my pick here all day every day.

But then I got to thinking...What if I could somehow, some way, get both Burks *and* an O-lineman? Hmmm... scratch

SO...I waited for the next few picks but when it was the Titans' turn at #29 I decided I couldn't sit around any longer. So I gave them #41, #99 and next year's 2nd so I could take...

PICK 29: Tyler Linderbaum. It was between him and Trevor Penning (who I also want IRL) but ultimately I thought Hunt could just be moved back to RT and by taking Linderbaum I'd be doing the old "upgrade two positions with one pick" thing. Maybe I could've waited a little longer to do this, but I did not want to watch the Pats take one of them at 31. Also, the Packers took Penning at 30.

PICK 114: Muma's still here, but so is RB Zach Charbonnet, who is rated 15 spots higher. I have another pick at 117 but I can't help but think Chad Muma might get snatched out from under my nose so...he's the choice here. Jerome Ford went to the Jags at 105 and Sincere McCormick went to the Jets at 111 BTW.

PICK 117: Aaand the Eagles take Charbonnet at 115. D'OH~! Fine then, Cam Thomas it is.

PICK 153: If Hal thinks CB Tariq Castro-Fields is good enough to pick, then that's good enough for me. Even if his name reminds me of communism.

PICK 179: Mitchell or Purdy? I go with Mitchell since he seems less likely to still be there when I pick next.

PICK 210: Texans took Purdy at 198 Evil or Very Mad Now I have no idea what to do. Ultimately I take CB Marcus Jones.

PICK 223: I want to take a RB so I go with D'Vonte Price over James Cook and Tyler Badie since Price is bigger.

And there you go.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:33 pm

Hey, getting Burks and a top O-lineman makes it a great draft regardless!

Yeah, there's OT's I like better than Petit-Fiere, but he was a good value there. All about the position.

I have ended up with 4 first rounders for next year too in one, but didn't get to pick until 105 in doing so. Smile

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:43 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Hey, getting Burks and a top O-lineman makes it a great draft regardless!

Yeah, there's OT's I like better than Petit-Fiere, but he was a good value there.  All about the position.

I have ended up with 4 first rounders for next year too in one, but didn't get to pick until 105 in doing so. Smile

When I saw a chance to actually get Linderbaum/Penning too I just couldn't resist Very Happy Some might say I gave away too much but IMO there's no way I was moving up to 29 with just 41 and 99 alone. The way I figured it there was already a Grand Canyon-sized gulf between 41 and 99, so what's the big deal about waiting 15 more picks? It did cost me a RB though which is kind of a big deal.

I've talked about the first Grier gave up next year at length already, but the 3rd he gave to the Giants for Eichenberg might be even more damaging Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Having to wait almost two full rounds between the 2nd and 3rd picks is something I have a hard time dealing with in every mock.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:28 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
Is it just me, or are almost all the LBs in this upcoming draft shrimpy? Seriously, almost all of those guys are 225 or even lighter  Shocked I do think the Fins could use someone else at LB so I often take Muma in my mocks when he's available, which he sometimes isn't because every different mock draft site rates him differently. At least he looks like a grown-ass man.

That's football these days...LBs are essentially glorified safeties as defenses react to the near-constant spread formations offenses use. MLB used to be my favorite position...always the toughest guy on the field, and the good ones made plays sideline to sideline and were always near the ball. That type of LB is almost extinct right now, replaced by smaller, faster, finesse LBs that are designed for pass defense. I always look for big LBs in the draft, but it seems like the few I see are treated like dinosaurs...too slow, not athletic enough, etc.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:20 am

With 80mil is cap space I am gonna wait to see what the Dolphins do with it.  

Ogbah and Gesicki are my priority in the offseason.  

OL is the next.  G, C, and a mid level T.

Devante Parker would be the next. I know how we all feel about this guy.  He's great when he plays and it sucks paying him 9mil a year and not being available. I'd rework his contract.  I don't want him going to the Patriots at all.

Bring in Mariota he cost the raiders 3.5mil last year.   This team went to crap when Brissett took over.  The offense was already changing to an offense more towards Tagavailoa.  Mariota will give us two QB's that do the same thing.  No drop off if Tua gets hurt again.  There is no drop off except Mariota elevates the QB option game.

Once these are addressed in FA I'd think about the draft.
Umix10
Umix10

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:38 am

Ok, bye week boredom is almost over with.

One more try. This might be my favorite one, since I accumulated a lot of ammo for next year while just about hitting every need I can think of:

Trent McDuffie
CB Washington
trade icon
MIA

Isaiah Spiller
RB Texas A&M
trade icon
MIA

Carter Warren
OT Pittsburgh
MIA

Erik Ezukanma
WR Texas Tech
trade icon
MIA

Cameron Thomas
EDGE San Diego State
MIA

Rachaad White
RB Arizona State
trade icon
MIA

John Ridgeway
DT Arkansas
MIA

Tyler Smith
OT Tulsa
trade icon
MIA

Charleston Rambo
WR Miami-Fl
MIA

Brock Purdy
QB Iowa State
2023 CHI 2nd
2023 CHI 3rd

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:25 am

Miami employs a lot of safeties in their schemes. I dont think Rowe will be here next year if they can find a safety. I love Brandon Jones but he's a blitzer. His coverage skills are suspect.

Kyler Hamilton would be my pick if he can make it that far or if we can move up. He's got size, range and speed. At 6'4 222, he would certainly be a jack of all trades. Especially as a cover 0 linebacker.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2