The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bomb Shell: Flores Suing Dolphins, League in Class Action

+5
DolFan 316
JMP
JEGnj
white1
HalCHorn
9 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Bomb Shell:  Flores Suing Dolphins, League in Class Action - Page 4 Empty Re: Bomb Shell: Flores Suing Dolphins, League in Class Action

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:20 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Ok, so NOW Flores is claiming that Belicheck influenced the Giants' decision to hire Daboll.

Yeah, it's really bolstering your case when you claim a guy you spent 15 years working for recommended someone else who hasn't worked him since 2006 over you to a team in the other conference....

Wait...WHAT?!?! Flores is even turning on BELICHICK now?!?! LMAO!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

He's ALREADY at the "desperately grasping at straws" stage, and it hasn't even been half a week yet! This is starting to make Jussie Smollett look credible!

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Bomb Shell:  Flores Suing Dolphins, League in Class Action - Page 4 Empty Re: Bomb Shell: Flores Suing Dolphins, League in Class Action

Post by HalCHorn Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:24 pm

Flores on The Limits podcast (NPR)

“I think there are back channel conversations and back channel meetings that are had that oftentimes influence decisions.  I think [the Giants hiring process] is a clear example of that. Bill Belichick is a clear example of that. His resume speaks to that. It was clear to me that decision was made with his influence. That’s part of the problem. That needs to change. There needs to be a fair and equal opportunity to interview and showcase your abilities to lead and earn one of those positions.”

No word on whether Flores is taking ball bearings with him to the interviews....

HalCHorn

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:29 pm

Flores being interviewed on NPR is just so...apropos.

Yup, we've already gone from "I have proof!" to "back channels!" Laughing Laughing Laughing How can ANYBODY with even a HALFWAY functioning brain take ANY of what he's saying seriously??? I am now convinced Flores has gone insane. Seriously. He's not right in the head.

At least this puts the theory of Belichick masterminding this to screw over the Fins to rest. Thank God.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:30 pm

Reading the Belichick messages yet again, these statements are interesting:

"I hear from Buffalo and NYG that you are their guy. Hope it works out..."

"I think they are naming Daboll."

A lawyer would tear those statements apart - "I hear" and "I think" are NOT proof...they are merely the words of a person offering his opinion. If that is Flo's "proof", it isn't going to hold up.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:32 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Flores being interviewed on NPR is just so...apropos.

Yup, we've already gone from "I have proof!" to "back channels!" Laughing Laughing Laughing How can ANYBODY with even a HALFWAY functioning brain take ANY of what he's saying seriously??? I am now convinced Flores has gone insane. Seriously. He's not right in the head.

Like I said - if you have proof, let the world know it in one of the thousand high profile interviews you're doing.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:34 pm

JMP wrote:Reading the Belichick messages yet again, these statements are interesting:

"I hear from Buffalo and NYG that you are their guy.  Hope it works out..."

"I think they are naming Daboll."

A lawyer would tear those statements apart - "I hear" and "I think" are NOT proof...they are merely the words of a person offering his opinion.  If that is Flo's "proof", it isn't going to hold up.

His opinion that Elway was "hung over" wasn't going to hold up either. Oh really, Flores? Did you give Elway a breath test? Do you know what his blood alcohol level was? Do you realize that even if you say you smelled it on his breath you still need actual proof? Once again, these far leftists have NO idea how actual courts of law actually work.

This case is becoming more of a pathetic joke by the hour it seems.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:22 am

Giants response:

The allegation that the Giants' decision had been made prior to Friday evening, January 28, is false. And to base that allegation on a text exchange with Bill Belichick in which he ultimately states that he "thinks" Brian Daboll would get the job is irresponsible. The text exchange occurred the day before Coach Daboll's in-person interview even took place. Giants' ownership would never hire a head coach based only on a 20-minute zoom interview, which is all that Mr. Daboll had at that point.

In addition, Mr. Belichick does not speak for and has no affiliation with the Giants. Mr. Belichick's text exchange provides no insight into what actually transpired during our head coaching search.

https://sports.yahoo.com/giants-call-accusations-in-brian-flores-lawsuit-disturbing-and-simply-false-234929961.html

i guess Flores didn't realize that Belichick couldn't have known the outcome considering the Giants hadn't even conducted the interview with Daboll yet - oh, and the fact that Belichick doesn't work for the Giants. Duh!

but i am starting to think about Miami's original hiring of Flores. nobody would've known Flores better than Belichick having him on his staff for the previous 10-plus years - and yet still not name his as the defensive coordinator. perhaps Bill knew something the rest of us didn't and was all too happy to see him go to a divisional rival. hmmm?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:00 am

Cameron Wolfe of NFL Network reports that “he spoke with a witness who said he heard Dolphins owner Stephen Ross offer former head coach Brian Flores $100,000 for every loss during the 2019 season.”

Meanwhile, and as explained earlier today, Ross faces potential prosecution for violation of the Sports Bribery Act. It’s one thing for such a case to come down to Ross and Flores giving conflicting versions of the same conversation. If there’s corroboration of Flores’s version, a prosecutor becomes much more likely to pursue the case.

So, basically, Wolfe’s report — published on a platform partially owned by Ross — could result not only in Ross losing the Dolphins but also in Ross being prosecuted.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-unnamed-witness-heard-stephen-231715898.html

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:08 am

I'm even more convinced it's all lies now. A witness who heard Ross make an offer three years ago who's somehow only just now "coming forward"??? No e-mails, financial records, or recordings of any kind? THIS is the Big Smoking Gun? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Even ROSS wouldn't be dumb enough to verbally bribe Flores in front of somebody else.

Didn't this Cameron Wolfe guy already "report" something about the Fins and the coaching search that's already been proven false? And what's the point of an "unnamed witness" speaking to the media anyway? Whoever it is will have to testify in open court regardless. I guess the media is pretending to be attorneys now? Whatever happened to media prejudice overly influencing a case? I know that used to be a thing.

Again, just because the far left wants something to be true or feels like it should be true doesn't make it true, no matter how long and loudly they scream it.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:22 pm

Yeah, the more that comes out about this, the more stupid and arrogant, and ARSEHOLE-ISH it makes Flores look.

I guess he thought he should have had every team clamoring for him to be the HC and the only reason nobody would hire him automatically is because he is BLACK!

What an absolute schmuck!!!

If even HALF the crapola we have heard about Flores' disfunction in Miami is true, THAT would be enough to totally DISQUALIFY him from ever being a HC again IMO.

Again, I am just flabbergasted by the amount of stupidity in all this.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:10 pm

Sad thing about all this is that Flores did show some good things in Miami. We beat the Patriots 4 out of the last 5. Back to back winning seasons.

It eerily looks like Mangini's overall tenure with the Jets from 2006-2008, except that Mangini got to work with a Hall of Fame QB one of those years (Favre) and a veteran in Pennington who was probably better overall than Fitz.

Unfortunately, if Flores is hired in either Houston or New Orleans I see his second job ending up a lot like Mangini's too. If he learned from his mistakes and did a better job with his people skills next time around, he'd likely succeed, maybe in a big way. But what he's shown since his dismissal is the exact opposite of learning anything.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:23 pm

he's too funny
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:03 pm

I heard a report today that 3 years ago Flores was Miami's first interview and they knew he was the coach they wanted but had to finish the others in the interview process. I guess he forgot the shoe was on the other foot.
I don't see him getting a job anytime soon because he burned to many people a big one is the Mara family. Unless this was a plan by Belicheat to F with the Fin's I don't think he gets the usual sympathy hire back in New England.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:33 am

mercury22nathan wrote:but i am starting to think about Miami's original hiring of Flores.  nobody would've known Flores better than Belichick having him on his staff for the previous 10-plus years - and yet still not name his as the defensive coordinator.  perhaps Bill knew something the rest of us didn't and was all too happy to see him go to a divisional rival.  hmmm?

well, well, well.

Flores is a leader, but sometimes he was, well, too much of an alpha. And that put off some people on his earlier staffs and on his roster.

The Dolphins didn’t know this when they hired him. They didn’t know he one time tried to fight a player during a film session when he was with the Patriots, and if they did know, they ignored that as a warning sign about his personality.

https://www.outkick.com/mike-mcdaniel-is-right-choice-for-dolphins-if-he-overcomes-well-a-lot/

sounds like somebody has anger management issues.

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:54 am

now this is interesting. let's see what an actual civil right attorney feels about Flores' lawsuit.

"I'm really taken aback by it and disappointed on various levels."

Douglas said the first mistake by Flores was filing the lawsuit on the first day of Black History Month, which he believes was as a blatant publicity stunt.

“It appears this was all a P.R. stunt in terms of the timing.”

"How are you going to tell rich billionaires who to hire in a private business setting? Part of me fears that his lawyers were simply doing their best to get all the media wind while the iron was hot, knowing full well when it got to the substance that it didn't look strong for Brian Flores."

https://www.marca.com/en/nfl/miami-dolphins/2022/02/06/61ff057346163f71158b45a1.html

hmm, so this whole thing is just a PR cash grab. and this isn't actually about inspiring change and making things better for minority candidates.

"If you want to join the club, embrace it. Put on a suit, put on a tie. Be on time. That's the nature of the club and then, once you get inside, you can change [things]."

"Non-lawyers always think that big institutions will crumble to their knees at the mere exposure of their misdeeds. I am very hesitant and cautious when I play the race card."

Ultimately, Douglas believes the lawsuit will not do anything to change the league's stance, who denied any racism or wrongdoing by the organizations, and instead will just make teams wary of Flores.

but maybe Flores' heart was in the right place, he just went about it the wrong way. of course, he must be all about furthering the equality agenda himself, right?

Flores' second error, according to Douglas, was hiring two white lawyers to represent him instead of black attorneys.

not so much. and backing this up, Armando did a little analysis of bastion of minority hiring actual hiring record. i'll let you read and decide for yourself, but here's the final assessment by Mando...

Maybe the coach claiming the NFL’s hiring practices are unfair should have addressed his own first.

https://www.outkick.com/brian-flores-claims-racial-discrimination-in-nfl-hiring-practices-so-lets-examine-his-hiring-practices/

not so good. what's that word for someone who doesn't practice what he supposedly preaches? ah yes, hypocrite.

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:16 am

Merc, that last point is pretty damning. From that article by Armando:

Flores had 20 coaches on his 2021 coaching staff, with 15 of those white and five black.

Flores hired four offensive coordinators during his time with the Dolphins, including co-coordinators in 2021. Three of those four are white.

Flores hired four offensive line coaches during his tenure, and three of those four are white.

Flores hired two defensive coordinators during his time as head coach, one black and one white.

Flores hired four quarterback or assistant quarterback coaches during his three years, and three of those four are white, with Jim Caldwell the only exception. Caldwell, it should be noted, worked under Flores for a couple of months but departed before the 2019 season began, citing health issues.

Flores hired one special teams coordinator during his time as coach, that being Danny Crossman, who is white.

So, yeah, Coach Flores...why didn't you hire more black coaches if it is so important to you? scratch

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:40 am

One of the comments in the article about Flores' own hiring practices nails it.

If you take Flores account at face value along with the facts.
Flores was hired by a black manager in 2019
In 2019 Flores told the owner to get lost when he was asked to tank. Won five games. Was not fired.
In early 2020 Flores told the owner to get lost when he was told to meet with Tom Brady. Was not fired,
In 2020 Flores started the year 2-4. Was not fired.
In 2021 Flores started the year 1-7. Was not fired until the end of the year,
But after three years, four OC, four OL coaches and zero playoff appearances Flores is fired two seasons after he last told the owner to get lost,
Must all be racism.

At this point even Flores knows he's been exposed as a liar and his only chance is if the court literally and completely ignores all the actual facts and truth. Even if that happens any appeal will render the initial verdict based on "feelings" null and void and the entire world will once again see exactly what liars the far leftists are.

Again, if McDaniel's as smart as I keep seeing people say he is, he would not have taken this job knowing Ross would get the boot.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:44 am

Interesting stuff.

The problem for Ross is not the discrimination claim. The problem is IF it can be proven he tried to bribe his own head coach to intentionally lose games. You CAN start bad quarterbacks, you can demand that rookies play even if not ready, you can dump veterans and trade away pro bowlers. What you CAN'T do is try to pay off a coach and/or players to intentionally lose.

That's the part that is so embarrassing to me, and dangerous to Ross. There is a federal law against sports bribery. If prosecuted, it would be difficult for him to maintain ownership of the team.

I'm not even sure Miami was named as discriminatory, I think those darts were aimed at Denver and NY based on the BB texts.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:54 am

white1 wrote:Interesting stuff.  

The problem for Ross is not the discrimination claim.  The problem is IF it can be proven he tried to bribe his own head coach to intentionally lose games.  You CAN start bad quarterbacks, you can demand that rookies play even if not ready, you can dump veterans and trade away pro bowlers.  What you CAN'T do is try to pay off a coach and/or players to intentionally lose.  

That's the part that is so embarrassing to me, and dangerous to Ross.  There is a federal law against sports bribery.  If prosecuted, it would be difficult for him to maintain ownership of the team.

I'm not even sure Miami was named as discriminatory, I think those darts were aimed at Denver and NY based on the BB texts.

Flores can't prove shit. If he could, he would've already revealed something. Right now he's using the typical far left tactic of screaming something and hoping to force everyone to accept it as truth without any evidence. If he'd done this 2 years ago then I'd have been worried but now people are wising up to the farce. The veil of deception is being lifted more by the day.

I still say Flores is being used as a pawn by someone else as part if a bigger and more sinister agenda, but regardless this is all being done out of desperation and has already become embarrassing for his side.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:10 am

white1 wrote:Interesting stuff.  

The problem for Ross is not the discrimination claim.  The problem is IF it can be proven he tried to bribe his own head coach to intentionally lose games.  You CAN start bad quarterbacks, you can demand that rookies play even if not ready, you can dump veterans and trade away pro bowlers.  What you CAN'T do is try to pay off a coach and/or players to intentionally lose.  

That's the part that is so embarrassing to me, and dangerous to Ross.  There is a federal law against sports bribery.  If prosecuted, it would be difficult for him to maintain ownership of the team.

True, but I agree with 316 - I don't think Flores is going to be able to prove these claims. Supposedly there was some anonymous person hiding in the shadows that may or may not have heard something...but that sounds like fantasy to me. We'll see...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:35 am

This morning from Peter King in FMIA:

If Flores can prove the case—and he’d better have at least one rock-solid witness—the implications would be massive. It could force the NFL to confront tanking and change the draft to a lottery, as the NBA does. It would force Ross to sell the franchise and perhaps to be charged with a crime.

I will admit I am enamored with this angle. Because I WANT Ross gone. He is clearly not a good owner. He is a big part of the problem in Miami.

Best thing that could happen to this franchise is if Ross was forced to sell, and someone like Tom Brady purchased a controlling interest. IMO Brady would make an excellent owner. Driven, ultra competitive, and knows the game inside and out. He would establish a strong leader over the football operation and hold them accountable for results.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:48 am

white1 wrote:I will admit I am enamored with this angle.  Because I WANT Ross gone.  He is clearly not a good owner.  He is a big part of the problem in Miami.  

Best thing that could happen to this franchise is if Ross was forced to sell, and someone like Tom Brady purchased a controlling interest. IMO Brady would make an excellent owner. Driven, ultra competitive, and knows the game inside and out.  He would establish a strong leader over the football operation and hold them accountable for results.

Be careful what you wish for. You would NOT like the new owner, trust me on this. Brady's not buying an NFL team, he doesn't have anywhere near the money. And if he as going to buy a team it sure wouldn't be this one.

No, any new owner would be someone who not only supports global tyranny, but is a driving force behind it. IMO this is why Flores is going after Ross, so that the Trump supporter can be ousted in favor of someone with a "proper" set of opinions. And that's bad not only for us but all of humanity.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:55 am

white1 wrote:This morning from Peter King in FMIA:

If Flores can prove the case—and he’d better have at least one rock-solid witness—the implications would be massive. It could force the NFL to confront tanking and change the draft to a lottery, as the NBA does. It would force Ross to sell the franchise and perhaps to be charged with a crime.

I will admit I am enamored with this angle.  Because I WANT Ross gone.  He is clearly not a good owner.  He is a big part of the problem in Miami.  

Best thing that could happen to this franchise is if Ross was forced to sell, and someone like Tom Brady purchased a controlling interest. IMO Brady would make an excellent owner. Driven, ultra competitive, and knows the game inside and out.  He would establish a strong leader over the football operation and hold them accountable for results.

There is already a succession plan in place for when Ross steps down, and it was approved by NFL owners years ago. I'm not sure if a court ruling in this case would nullify the agreement, but as of right now the next Dolphins owner will be Bruce Beal. Beal is currently listed as Vice Chairman / Partner of the Dolphins.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:00 pm

JMP wrote:There is already a succession plan in place for when Ross steps down, and it was approved by NFL owners years ago.  I'm not sure if a court ruling in this case would nullify the agreement, but as of right now the next Dolphins owner will be Bruce Beal. Beal is currently listed as Vice Chairman / Partner of the Dolphins.

If Ross is forced to sell, then any agreement he made for a succession plan becomes null and void, for the same reason that your son couldn't inherit your house if you sold it. Whoever is behind this knows it too.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:40 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:There is already a succession plan in place for when Ross steps down, and it was approved by NFL owners years ago.  I'm not sure if a court ruling in this case would nullify the agreement, but as of right now the next Dolphins owner will be Bruce Beal. Beal is currently listed as Vice Chairman / Partner of the Dolphins.

If Ross is forced to sell, then any agreement he made for a succession plan becomes null and void, for the same reason that your son couldn't inherit your house if you sold it. Whoever is behind this knows it too.

Interesting. I didn't know that the deal becomes null and void. That would create quite the free-for-all...my guess is the Dolphins would be a hot commodity.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next