The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bomb Shell: Flores Suing Dolphins, League in Class Action

+5
DolFan 316
JMP
JEGnj
white1
HalCHorn
9 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Bomb Shell:  Flores Suing Dolphins, League in Class Action - Page 2 Empty Re: Bomb Shell: Flores Suing Dolphins, League in Class Action

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:07 pm

Here's the ultimate irony. If Flores wins, then it's the death knell not only for the NFL but for all of pro sports since you just know the rest of them will be the next casualties of "woke" outrage. That means not only no more head coaching jobs for blacks, but no more blacks getting paid millions to play a game, either. In other words, Flores may very well actually COST thousands of blacks very well-paying jobs they've had for years. But that's supposed to be considered...progress somehow??? scratch scratch scratch

Typical SJW logic: Let's make the world a better place--by completely destroying it!

DolFan 316

JMP and HalCHorn like this post

Back to top Go down

Bomb Shell:  Flores Suing Dolphins, League in Class Action - Page 2 Empty Re: Bomb Shell: Flores Suing Dolphins, League in Class Action

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:55 pm

white1 wrote:How and why would Flores make up any of that stuff about Ross? It has to be true.  IMO this is equivalent to a "death bed confession".  Because Flores has already posted on social media, he is aware that he is essentially ending his NFL career with his actions.  

There is no reason for him to lie.  He's done.  Makes it all the more damning for Ross IMO.

We live in a world where presenting lies as truth is the new normal. There's EVERY reason for Flores to lie. It may not make any sense to us but it doesn't have to. As long as it makes sense to Flores in his twisted mind, that's all that matters to him. We've already seen a black actor literally stage a false flag attack on himself. We've seen an attempt to claim that self-defense is racism. We've seen claims that a vaccine makes people immune to a virus that everyone now knows clearly is not true, yet the vaccine's still being forced on us anyway. At this point in the clown show I wouldn't put anything past anybody no matter how absurd it is to us sane people.

Even IF Flores is telling the truth about Ross, what he doesn't realize because he's too filled with hate and sheer spite, is that by not saying anything and continuing to work for Ross two years after the fact he's essentially stated that he didn't care what Ross did or how wrong it was as long as Ross was still paying him to coach, which AT BEST makes Flores look shady as hell.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:31 pm

Amazing. 4 weeks ago I was upset he was fired, and now I'd invite Jonathan Martin back as our starting LT before I'd want Flores anywhere near my NFL team.

HalCHorn

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:17 am

Fuck Flores. No respect for this Mutha Fucker.

Bro you didn't get the job cuz you cant coach. You didn't get the job cuz you only got along until things never went your way and cried like a bitch. And then, you only told secrets after you got kicked from the cool kids table.

You are a fuckin sore loser bitch.

Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:46 am

About two of the things Flores said:

1. Flores got text messages from Belichick congratulating him for getting the Giants job. BB actually meant to send those messages to Brian Daboll. This was BEFORE Flores even interviewed with the Giants, so that means they already made their choice before interviewing Flores.

2. Flores claims that John Elway showed up late and hungover for a Broncos interview with Flores, indicating that the interview was not important because Flo wasn't going to get the job regardless.

Now, I believe both of these stories are true. Certainly, we've seen the text exchange between BB and Flores. But here's the thing: these two incidents DO NOT prove charges of racism against the Giants or Broncos. In these two cases, it seems obvious that Flores was only given an interview to satisfy the Rooney Rule. But that by itself isn't racism - it is just two examples of why the Rooney Rule is a joke. Without any real evidence, Flores is not going to be able to prove any accusations of racism. All he's really accomplishing is banning himself from the NFL, and highlighting racial disparity in the NFL that everyone already knew existed. It seems like his only real motivation is to fuck over the Dolphins, Giants and Broncos. I know he thinks he's on this grand crusade - which might be worthy of praise if he actually had evidence to back up his claims - but all he's really doing is stirring up shit and throwing away his career. It looks like a case of sour grapes more than anything else.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:58 am

IMO the biggest problem for Ross is the offer to pay Flores for losses.

I know "tank" was a popular term, but there are limits. You can tear down the roster, you can start a bad QB, you can do a lot of things - but paying the head coach to lose on purpose is not "tanking". That's a bribe and a fix, plain and simple.

Ross should be forced to sell based on the attempt to bribe his own head coach to lose. The tampering (or attempted tampering) or hiring practices are not nearly the issue. If there is any corroborating proof he bribed Flores, I believe his tenure as owner is over. Flores lawyer claims there IS evidence outside Flores word.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:08 am

white1 wrote:IMO the biggest problem for Ross is the offer to pay Flores for losses.  

I know "tank" was a popular term, but there are limits.  You can tear down the roster, you can start a bad QB, you can do a lot of things - but paying the head coach to lose on purpose is not "tanking".  That's a bribe and a fix, plain and simple.

Ross should be forced to sell based on the attempt to bribe his own head coach to lose.  The tampering (or attempted tampering) or hiring practices are not nearly the issue.  If there is any corroborating proof he bribed Flores, I believe his tenure as owner is over.  Flores lawyer claims there IS evidence outside Flores word.

The racism stuff seems like it's impossible to prove - but yes, the tanking claim seems real and that is definitely going to be the downfall of Ross. I don't see any way he gets out of this. And now Hue Jackson is saying he got a similar offer to tank when he was the Browns' coach - so this isn't something unique to the Dolphins.

When the dust settles, I believe the Dolphins will have to forfeit picks and there will be heavy fines, and Ross will be forced to step down. The league severely punished the Saints for "Bountygate", and this is worse - so I expect Goodell to come down hard on the Phins.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:10 am

Classic Dolphins. Watch us lose both first round picks in 2023.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:11 am

The difference is rather large between the Flores and Kaepernick situations.

Flores' tenure here was certainly flawed, but he was very marketable as a HC and almost certainly would have been a HC elsewhere no later than next off-season based on his back to back winning seasons here.  The problems were fixable and not unlike Belicheck's problems his first time around in Cleveland.

Kaepernick had three lousy seasons in a row as a starting QB from 2014-2016.  SF ranked in the bottom five in the league in yards per pass play all three years.  Coordinators caught up with him, and coincidence or not, his performance went south after the 49ers signed him to a huge (at the time) contract after the 2013 season.  (Not the first time we've seen that happen.)  He was in the same situation that Dalton was in after 2019, Tannehill after 2018, etc.  He needed to take a lowball contract as a backup and work his way into another chance.  He wasn't interested in doing so, and torched any chance he might have had to do it with his antics after the Ravens showed interest.

Flores really is giving up a career, and he worked for 15 years to get to the point of being a HC.  Kaep?  Wasn't throwing anything away, despite what everyone wants to believe.  He made more $$$ from Nike and his lawsuit than he ever would have made carrying a clipboard, which is likely what was going to happen if he stayed in the NFL.

Maybe a huge settlement is the plan. Or maybe Flores really believes in the cause. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Last edited by HalCHorn on Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total

HalCHorn

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:11 am

Let me be clear though. If Ross is forced to step down, I will be satisfied that justice was served here.

I'm not confident though. Dan Snyder essentially ran a prostitution ring with his cheerleaders the victims, and still owns the team.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:14 am

Yep, here goes all the draft picks worked for.

Is it worth it? Well, giving up one first round pick to get Don Shula certainly was. It would be painful, but worth the same to get rid of Ross.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:17 am

white1 wrote:Let me be clear though.  If Ross is forced to step down, I will be satisfied that justice was served here.

I'm not confident though.  Dan Snyder essentially ran a prostitution ring with his cheerleaders the victims, and still owns the team.

In Goodell's world, integrity of the game is more important than sexual harassment and violence against women. That, and we all know the league hates the Dolphins anyway. Trust me - we're getting screwed.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 and white1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:34 am

At this point and in today's world I would actually be shocked if the NFL didn't literally cancel the Dolphins franchise. Just ended it and re-allocated the players to every other team through a special draft.

A similar thing happened to the Browns, who stopped existing (officially at least) for three years. They've reached the playoffs just twice with one win in the 22 years since. Oh, and 1-32, can't forget about that.

Maybe the Fins stay together and relocate somewhere else under a different name but the effect would be the same--the Miami Dolphins would officially be no more. And I HIGHLY doubt they'd be allowed to ever reform like the Browns. Be prepared...

I wouldn't even put it past the league to use this as an excuse to wipe the Fins from history. The unbeaten season, the Shula years, Marino, etc. would be completely erased. All internet videos would be taken down. It would be beyond stupid, and of course people would still know the team was a thing, but again this is today's world we're talking about so I fully expect it.

Every other team named in the suit will of course get off scot free.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:55 am

DolFan 316 wrote:At this point and in today's world I would actually be shocked if the NFL didn't literally cancel the Dolphins franchise. Just ended it and re-allocated the players to every other team through a special draft.

A similar thing happened to the Browns, who stopped existing (officially at least) for three years. They've reached the playoffs just twice with one win in the 22 years since. Oh, and 1-32, can't forget about that.

Maybe the Fins stay together and relocate somewhere else under a different name but the effect would be the same--the Miami Dolphins would officially be no more. And I HIGHLY doubt they'd be allowed to ever reform like the Browns. Be prepared...

I wouldn't even put it past the league to use this as an excuse to wipe the Fins from history. The unbeaten season, the Shula years, Marino, etc. would be completely erased. All internet videos would be taken down. It would be beyond stupid, and of course people would still know the team was a thing, but again this is today's world we're talking about so I fully expect it.

Every other team named in the suit will of course get off scot free.

I hate to say it, but none of this would shock me. I don't think it will go that far, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:32 am

Hue Jackson is now insinuating he was offered a $$$ for each loss in Cleveland.  If so, that could have been one hell of a windfall for him.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:36 am

Actually, if a team wants to tank, why run the risk of offering extra $$$ for each loss? Why not just hire Cam Cameron on a one year contract and be secure in thinking mission accomplished?

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:38 am

For that matter, signing Fitzpatrick was a terrible tanking strategy. When he's hot... he is HOT. That's the kind of guy you know will win a few games based on his track record. A known inconsistent QB but a big arm and has games where he plays lights-out.

Rosen was the correct choice for a "tank" season.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:39 am

HalCHorn wrote:Actually, if a team wants to tank, why run the risk of offering extra $$$ for each loss?  Why not just hire Cam Cameron on a one year contract and be secure in thinking mission accomplished?

Laughing Laughing Fail forward fast, baby!

Or, another option: make Curtis Painter your starting QB...it worked for the Colts!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:39 am

white1 wrote:For that matter, signing Fitzpatrick was a terrible tanking strategy.  When he's hot... he is HOT.  That's the kind of guy you know will win a few games based on his track record.  A known inconsistent QB but a big arm and has games where he plays lights-out.

1000% correct. Rosen was the easy answer.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:53 am

One thing is clear: Florio is creaming his pants over this story.

HalCHorn

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:13 pm

JMP wrote:
white1 wrote:For that matter, signing Fitzpatrick was a terrible tanking strategy.  When he's hot... he is HOT.  That's the kind of guy you know will win a few games based on his track record.  A known inconsistent QB but a big arm and has games where he plays lights-out.

1000% correct.  Rosen was the easy answer.

An interesting point, and raises the question: why didn't the owner just mandate that Rosen start the rest of the season "so we can evaluate him and see if we need a QB" if he really wanted to tank?

Credibility of the whole thing will come down to what kind of proof Flores has of the financial incentive to tank. Either he has it or he doesn't.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:18 pm

JMP wrote:About two of the things Flores said:

1. Flores got text messages from Belichick congratulating him for getting the Giants job.  BB actually meant to send those messages to Brian Daboll.  This was BEFORE Flores even interviewed with the Giants, so that means they already made their choice before interviewing Flores.

don't you see what's going on here guys? Belichick sent the text message that set off the firestorm. did he really send it by mistake?

he also sent this...

Ironically, during their January 11, 2022, text exchange, Mr. McDonnell [Giants’ co-director of player personnel with Belichick] also suggested that if Mr. Flores were hired as the Giants Head Coach, Brian Daboll might be interested in leaving Buffalo to serve as his Offensive Coordinator (“Heard Daboll isn’t happy with Sean [McDermott] in Buffalo . . . might be able to get of if he doesn’t get a head job. . . thoughts?'”).

https://sports.yahoo.com/brian-flores-lawsuit-against-nfl-223301752.html

hmm, why Belichick discussing inside info with the Giants?

JMP wrote:It seems like his only real motivation is to fuck over the Dolphins, Giants and Broncos.

JMP's close. Belichick is sending text messages knowing it will fuck over divisional rivals Miami and Buffalo with other teams as collateral damage. is Belichick using Flores? would Flores ever get hired in NE again? funny how within all of Flores's allegations against the NFL, there is nothing against the Patriots - despite the fact that is where he has spent the overwhelming majority of his career.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:54 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:
JMP wrote:About two of the things Flores said:

1. Flores got text messages from Belichick congratulating him for getting the Giants job.  BB actually meant to send those messages to Brian Daboll.  This was BEFORE Flores even interviewed with the Giants, so that means they already made their choice before interviewing Flores.

don't you see what's going on here guys?  Belichick sent the text message that set off the firestorm.  did he really send it by mistake?

he also sent this...

Ironically, during their January 11, 2022, text exchange, Mr. McDonnell [Giants’ co-director of player personnel with Belichick] also suggested that if Mr. Flores were hired as the Giants Head Coach, Brian Daboll might be interested in leaving Buffalo to serve as his Offensive Coordinator (“Heard Daboll isn’t happy with Sean [McDermott] in Buffalo . . . might be able to get of if he doesn’t get a head job. . . thoughts?'”).

https://sports.yahoo.com/brian-flores-lawsuit-against-nfl-223301752.html

hmm, why Belichick discussing inside info with the Giants?

JMP wrote:It seems like his only real motivation is to fuck over the Dolphins, Giants and Broncos.

JMP's close.  Belichick is sending text messages knowing it will fuck over divisional rivals Miami and Buffalo with other teams as collateral damage.  is Belichick using Flores?  would Flores ever get hired in NE again?  funny how within all of Flores's allegations against the NFL, there is nothing against the Patriots - despite the fact that is where he has spent the overwhelming majority of his career.

Interesting stuff for sure. I've looked at the that BB/Flo text exchange a few times now, and it does seem sort of staged. Did Belichick really not know which Brian he was texting?? scratch

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:32 pm

Three points to add to this discussion.

ONE - Chief being, we all knew Flores was an arsehole just by the way he handled the players and the coaching staff and the Phins Execs, but little did we realize what a flaming, stupid dumbarsed Arsehole he was!!! Talk about Nuclear Immolation!!! He didn't get hired fast enough and he decides to just start tossing nukes all over... ensuring he will never work in the NFL ever again? What owner would hire someone so 'effing stupid as to do this?

I mean consider this: he was still in line for other HCing jobs, but he thought EVERY TEAM should be falling over their feet to hire him?? So, he didn't get the Giants job and decides to launch a class action suit?

The talk about how he behaved in Miami is why he didn't get another job fast enough to suit him and he has to blame it on racism instead of the real reason: nobody wants to hire a flaming arsehole to be the HC! I am appalled at the sheer monumental dumbness of it all.

What kind of supreme royal arsehole does something like this: Answer: Brian "TeamKiller" Flores.

TWO - This is a class action lawsuit. The amount of leverage it gets will depend on how many other coaches, co-ordinators and ex-HCes decide to join in the lawsuit. I mean how many other guys are willing to say, "Heck, I am done looking for a job in the NFL anyway. I might as well sign on and HOPE I can get some money!" Any minority coaches who got a job and got fired because they SUCKED CANAL WATER might actually end up disproving the claims of racism, so... There are a pile of white HCes out there who stunk it up and got fired also.

The very fact Flores has TRIED to turn this into something racial instead of an indictment on his being a dumbarse who cannot handle or assemble a functional coaching staff is so very sad IMO. I mean, Flores DID get hired. Then got fired for being an arsehole who could not get along with the GM or his asst coaches. And his evidence of Racism is...he didn't get the Giants job?? WTF??

THREE - The Dolphins stuff Flores brings up is all just he-said-he-said...UNLESS Flores has some sort of proof, as Hal points out. This sounds like bitter grapes by Flores who wanted to stick it to Ross. Unless Ross was actually stupid enough to put the "bribe" in a text or email or writing? Which with King of the DingleFruits Ross, who the heck knows just to what depths of asinine stupidity he will plunge??? Certainly not I.

In the end, Flores has removed all doubt of why it was an extremely good thing the Phins kicked his stupid arse to the curb. He is a great DC but will NEVER be a good HC. He has the entirely wrong temperament for a leader of men IMO. Not if the normal HCing Search circus causes him to go full nuclear inferno on the league while he was still in line for other HCing jobs.

Again, as bad as all this makes the Miami Dolphins and especially DingleFreuit Ross look, Flores comes off looking WORSE IMO. He has revealed himself to be a small, small man. And I doubt he will ever recover.

The 'effing stupidity is what gets me. This just does not make sense. So much of the world nowadays is predicated on "not making sense" it seems.

(sigh)

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP, DolFan 316 and HalCHorn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:24 pm

And regarding Flores' firing, some context:

There were 7 other new NFL coaching hires prior to 2019.

Two of those hires, Arians and now Taylor, went to the SB within 3 seasons of hire.
A third, Klingsbury, took over the team with the worst record and had them in the playoffs in year three. And.....isn't 100% safe despite that, though he is coming back next year.

LaFluer has been in the playoffs all 3 years, granted, with Rodgers.

The other hires: Kitchens was gone in one year, Gase in two, and Fangio and Flores both failed to make the playoffs in 3 years and now are gone.

Given THAT context, that two of the playoff coaches had the worst record in the league in 2018 and 2019 respectively and are now playoff teams, Flores doesn't have much to complain about. He had it in his hands to make the playoffs in both 2020 and 2021 late in the season and failed spectacularly in big games on the road. Every team that hired a coach the same year has moved on after failing to get to the playoffs in 3 years. Why the guy is mad at Miami is beyond me.

HalCHorn

JMP, DolFan 316 and finfanatic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next