The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bomb Shell: Flores Suing Dolphins, League in Class Action

+5
DolFan 316
JMP
JEGnj
white1
HalCHorn
9 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Bomb Shell:  Flores Suing Dolphins, League in Class Action - Page 3 Empty Re: Bomb Shell: Flores Suing Dolphins, League in Class Action

Post by JMP Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:25 pm

That is a monumental post, FF!!! Outstanding work! If we had a 'post of the year' you'd be leading the race so far! cheers

The one thing you said that scares me:
"Unless Ross was actually stupid enough to put the "bribe" in a text or email or writing? Which with King of the DingleFruits Ross, who the heck knows just to what depths of asinine stupidity he will plunge??? "

Flo's lawyer claims that they do have both witnesses and written proof that Ross offered this "bribe" - and as you say, Ross is just dumb enough for that to be true. The part that scares me is the Dolphins will almost certainly lose draft picks because of it. No

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Bomb Shell:  Flores Suing Dolphins, League in Class Action - Page 3 Empty Re: Bomb Shell: Flores Suing Dolphins, League in Class Action

Post by JMP Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:32 pm

HalCHorn wrote:And regarding Flores' firing, some context:

There were 7 other new NFL coaching hires prior to 2019.

Two of those hires, Arians and now Taylor, went to the SB within 3 seasons of hire.
A third, Klingsbury, took over the team with the worst record and had them in the playoffs in year three.  And.....isn't 100% safe despite that, though he is coming back next year.

LaFluer has been in the playoffs all 3 years, granted, with Rodgers.

The other hires:  Kitchens was gone in one year, Gase in two, and Fangio and Flores both failed to make the playoffs in 3 years and now are gone.

Given THAT context, that two of the playoff coaches had the worst record in the league in 2018 and 2019 respectively and are now playoff teams, Flores doesn't have much to complain about.  He had it in his hands to make the playoffs in both 2020 and 2021 late in the season and failed spectacularly in big games on the road.  Every team that hired a coach the same year has moved on after failing to get to the playoffs in 3 years.  Why the guy is mad at Miami is beyond me.

Damn you guys are on fire! cheers

I guess Flo is bitter that he got fired, but as you point out he is in the same boat as any other coach - regardless of color: win or you lose your job. That's the nature of the NFL.

And yes - the Dolphins are the ones that hired Flores in the first place - with their black GM. They are already doing the things Flo is saying should be done, in terms of hiring qualified black coaches and GMs - yet he is trying to destroy them??? Hell, he's still going to get paid for two more years by this franchise that he is tearing down!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:42 pm

JMP wrote:That is a monumental post, FF!!!  Outstanding work!  If we had a 'post of the year' you'd be leading the race so far!  cheers

Cosigned cheers cheers cheers

I still a this is all a plot to get the Fins away from Ross for being on the "wrong side of history" (he's a well-known Trump supporter) and either cancelled or into the hands of someone like Bezos or Musk.

Florida is a "freedom zone" right now in a world increasingly rife with tyranny, and this would be a way for one of the leading agents of said tyranny to establish a foothold there.

Let's just hope that the recent trend of far leftists losing in court because nothing they said was actually true in the slightest keeps up. Make no mistake about it, Flores is *somebody's* pawn. It's already been agreed that sacrificing his career for The Cause will be rewarded. NOBODY would be dumb enough to commit career suicide like this on their own.

Jussie Smollett exposed the lie of "systemic racism" towards blacks. Well, him and all the BLM members who got to riot during a pandemic without even being charged. The secret's out, and people are tired of being told how evil they are for not being born into the various "victim" groups. Bringing someone like Elway into it was especially absurd. We're supposed to believe a Hall Of Fame QB who willingly worked with hundreds of black teammates in his career is a racist now??? Huh??? What??? scratch If I were Elway I'd sue Flores just for the heavy insinuation of alcoholism.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:49 pm

Per Phins.com News wire (because I will never give that jagoff Florio the clicks), PFT has had one post per hour on Flores/Ross the past 12 hours. Lord, Florio's orgasm over this story may be endless.

HalCHorn

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:55 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Per Phins.com News wire (because I will never give that jagoff Florio the clicks), PFT has had one post per hour on Flores/Ross the past 12 hours.  Lord, Florio's orgasm over this story may be endless.

I thought the same about PFT, but reading the comments was EXTREMELY cathartic for me last night. It let me know people like us aren't nearly as alone and crazy as society keeps trying to make us believe Smile

Now Football Outsiders on the other hand has become a "must avoid" site for life! affraid affraid affraid

DolFan 316

HalCHorn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:04 am

HalCHorn wrote:Per Phins.com News wire (because I will never give that jagoff Florio the clicks), PFT has had one post per hour on Flores/Ross the past 12 hours.  Lord, Florio's orgasm over this story may be endless.

Laughing

Too funny, Hal.

I really liked Florio back when he was an "amateur" but now... He does seem to play favorites at times.

Well, we all knew Ross was a dumb shiite back when he "top secretly" jetted off to meet with Harbaugh while leaving poor old consummate micro-manager Tony "Can't Win a Home game to save my life" Sparano twisting in the breeze.

But THIS is surprising even for me... who thought I would never be astounded by Ross' dumbness!

Geeze! You would think billionaires would be, at the very least, somewhat CAREFUL when flaunting NFL by-laws!

Shocked

Laughing

If it gets rid of Ross then maybe SOME GOOD will come out of this humiliating fiasco.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:20 am

Flores was perfectly fine with the (alleged) attempted Ross bribe to tank and the "systemic racism" for 3 years, and would have continued being fine with it if he was still employed. I cannot reiterate that enough. And it needs to be called out publicly.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:34 am

The NFL issued a blanket denial of Flores' claims shortly after his lawsuit went public on Tuesday, dismissing the entirety of his allegations as "without merit." Flores' lawsuit also leveled accusations of racial discrimination against the Denver Broncos, the New York Giants and the NFL while citing alleged texts from New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick.

On Wednesday, news broke that the NFL apparently isn't dismissing all of the claims. The Washington Post reported that the league plans to open an investigation with a focus on the allegations of tanking made against Ross — an investigation that Ross acknowledged — and welcomed — in his late-night statement.

https://sports.yahoo.com/stephen-ross-slams-defamatory-brian-flores-allegations-vows-to-defend-my-personal-integrity-060119314.html

of course the NFL is denying and dismissing any racial allegations, but then zeroing in squarely on the Dolphins with their investigation.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:39 am

oh, and that whole trying to keep the defensive coaching staff in tact...

Two Dolphins assistant coaches have risen to Flores’ defense in the wake of his lawsuit alleging discrimination regarding his interview process with the Denver Broncos and New York Giants and his dismissal last month by the Dolphins.

“I’ve worked with Brian Flores for 3 years and this story that he is “Hard to work with” is news to me,” cornerbacks coach Charles Burks said on Twitter. “His coaching style is what you’d expect from a great teacher: Demanding, Detailed and a heightened sense of Urgency to make corrections.

“This is the Standard of coaching in the NFL. Unfortunately, if you’re a “Black Man” this can lead to a “Smear Campaign” keeping you from other opportunities. I’ve had the pleasure of working for Brian Flores the past three years. I’ve experienced nothing but accountability, direction, and inspiration from Brian Flores. He was and IS a true leader of Men.”

After Flores filed the lawsuit Tuesday, Dolphins defensive backs coach Gerald Alexander said on Twitter: “I already had a lot of respect for Brian Flores before today. Today confirmed he’s one of the best leaders I’ve ever been around. Respect the experience that I had with him as a position coach on his staff the last 2 seasons and the courage he’s displayed with the news of today and what that can mean for his own career in the coaching profession.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article257142782.html

i guess these two - the two that were worth keeping - won't be sticking around.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:45 am

mercury22nathan wrote:oh, and that whole trying to keep the defensive coaching staff in tact...

Two Dolphins assistant coaches have risen to Flores’ defense in the wake of his lawsuit alleging discrimination regarding his interview process with the Denver Broncos and New York Giants and his dismissal last month by the Dolphins.

“I’ve worked with Brian Flores for 3 years and this story that he is “Hard to work with” is news to me,” cornerbacks coach Charles Burks said on Twitter. “His coaching style is what you’d expect from a great teacher: Demanding, Detailed and a heightened sense of Urgency to make corrections.

“This is the Standard of coaching in the NFL. Unfortunately, if you’re a “Black Man” this can lead to a “Smear Campaign” keeping you from other opportunities. I’ve had the pleasure of working for Brian Flores the past three years. I’ve experienced nothing but accountability, direction, and inspiration from Brian Flores. He was and IS a true leader of Men.”

After Flores filed the lawsuit Tuesday, Dolphins defensive backs coach Gerald Alexander said on Twitter: “I already had a lot of respect for Brian Flores before today. Today confirmed he’s one of the best leaders I’ve ever been around. Respect the experience that I had with him as a position coach on his staff the last 2 seasons and the courage he’s displayed with the news of today and what that can mean for his own career in the coaching profession.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article257142782.html

i guess these two - the two that were worth keeping - won't be sticking around.

Why do I get the feeling we won't be hearing any offensive coaches praising Flores?? scratch

For what it's worth, I hope we find a way to keep Gerald Alexander. He's the only defensive coach I'd be concerned about losing - the rest can take a hike as far as I'm concerned. I'm ready to blow this entire coaching staff up.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:52 am

He's the only defensive coach I'd be concerned about losing - the rest can take a hike as far as I'm concerned. I'm ready to blow this entire coaching staff up.

Be careful what you wish for JMP, because you might just get it.

I have no idea who our next head coach will be, or the staff they will be able to assemble. Given the shit show our franchise has become, someone with Gerald Alexander-light qualifications will probably be our defensive coordinator. And we'll be praying for someone like Charlie Frye to run the offense.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:55 am

Ross speaks:

In a strongly worded statement issued shortly before midnight Wednesday, Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross denied allegations he offered former head coach Brian Flores a $100,000 bonus for every loss in the 2019 season.

“With regards to the allegations being made by Brian Flores, I am a man of honor and integrity and cannot let them stand without responding," Ross' statement read. "I take great personal exception to these malicious attacks, and the truth must be known. His allegations are false, malicious and defamatory.

"We understand there are media reports stating that the NFL intends to investigate his claims, and we will cooperate fully. I welcome that investigation and I am eager to defend my personal integrity, and the integrity and values of the entire Miami Dolphins organization, from these baseless, unfair and disparaging claims.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-responses-to-lawsuit-from-owner-stephen-ross-and-former-player

Give 'em hell, Ross! Fuck Flores! Mad

The strangest thing about this whole incident is that it may end up with me liking Ross a little bit! Shocked The more I think about it, the more I think Flo's claims are bullshit. If he has all this "corroborating evidence", why keep it hidden? What's the benefit of waiting? He has no problem pointing fingers on every major TV network, so why hide the "proof"?

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:00 am

white1 wrote:
He's the only defensive coach I'd be concerned about losing - the rest can take a hike as far as I'm concerned. I'm ready to blow this entire coaching staff up.

Be careful what you wish for JMP, because you might just get it.

I have no idea who our next head coach will be, or the staff they will be able to assemble.  Given the shit show our franchise has become, someone with Gerald Alexander-light qualifications will probably be our defensive coordinator.  And we'll be praying for someone like Charlie Frye to run the offense.

McDaniel will be the head coach - I expect an announcement late tomorrow, after his interview.

Gerald Alexander is a rising star. He needs a couple more years, but he'll be a coordinator somewhere sooner rather than later.

As far as the offense, I trust McDaniel to build a very strong offensive staff.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:05 am

SO...instead of actually joining his class action suit and committing career suicide, other black coaches will just issue passive-aggressive tweets in support of Flores? Got it.

I guarantee you most of those tweets will be deleted within 24 hours, for obvious reasons.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:09 am

JMP wrote:Give 'em hell, Ross!  Fuck Flores!  Mad

The strangest thing about this whole incident is that it may end up with me liking Ross a little bit! Shocked  The more I think about it, the more I think Flo's claims are bullshit.  If he has all this "corroborating evidence", why keep it hidden?  What's the benefit of waiting?  He has no problem pointing fingers on every major TV network, so why hide the "proof"?

I'll take Ross over Flores all day every day if it means this team won't be owned by one of the global tyrant cabal. Also, Ross is FAR less of a jerkass.

And yes, he should sue Flores for slander, libel, defamation, etc. if no proof of this is found within a month. That should be all the time it takes if something's really there.

The only tool the far left global tyranny supporters have is negativity. Whether it's desperation, fear, hate, etc. they have nothing else to come at you with. They literally do not even know what truth is anymore, let alone expressing it. As we've seen time and time again already, literally every claim they make about anything is a lie. Their entire strategy is to scream the lie as loud and as long as they can and force people to believe it, but people are rapidly catching on and it's not working as well as they want anymore. Feelings are not facts. Lies are not facts. Only facts are facts, and the far left is fresh out.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:16 am

DolFan 316 wrote:SO...instead of actually joining his class action suit and committing career suicide, other black coaches will just issue passive-aggressive tweets in support of Flores? Got it.

I guarantee you most of those tweets will be deleted within 24 hours, for obvious reasons.

Seriously!  Where are all the people joining the lawsuit??  scratch

Bomb Shell:  Flores Suing Dolphins, League in Class Action - Page 3 Anyone-here-tumbleweed

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:19 am

If Flores lands a coaching job now I expect the players to rally around him. I think the perceived notion of racism is larger amongst the 70% of the NFL black players. I imagine an entirely new reach out program to be instated within the NFL.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:26 am

CarsonChris wrote:If Flores lands a coaching job now I expect the players to rally around him. I think the perceived notion of racism is larger amongst the 70% of the NFL black players. I imagine an entirely new reach out program to be instated within the NFL.

The NFL's already completely caved to BLM, to the point of painting "END RACISM" in the end zones. There's not much else they can do, except literally try to force teams to only hire black coaches. And with so many waking up these days (as opposed to being woke) that won't go over as well as they think.

Even most players still have just enough sense to know not to call the white guys paying them infinitely more than they'd make doing anything else evil. Look how far that got Kaepernick.

Even the NFL seems to have realized that giving Flores' claims any credibility whatsoever is...unwise.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:43 am

JMP wrote:He has no problem pointing fingers on every major TV network, so why hide the "proof"?

yep, CBS, ESPN, CNN...and counting... its a legal strategy. if you know your legal claim isn't strong enough to win in court, you try to win the court of public opinion...and try to finagle a large settlement out of the deal.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:55 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
JMP wrote:He has no problem pointing fingers on every major TV network, so why hide the "proof"?

yep, CBS, ESPN, CNN...and counting...  its a legal strategy.  if you know your legal claim isn't strong enough to win in court, you try to win the court of public opinion...and try to finagle a large settlement out of the deal.

And then when these people actually have to prove actual facts in an actual court, they lose and get exposed for fools every time. And yet they never learn because these people are so thoroughly mind controlled that if they ever stopped believing the constant stream of lies they're ordered to, they'd go into psychotic shock and become mental vegetables.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:20 pm

Flores, unlike Kaepernick, is marketable based on the back to back winning seasons.  Kaep sucked at QB for three straight years and was likely headed for several years of carrying a clipboard if he'd stayed around.

He could have been highly successful as a HC.  I'm using past tense now because I think this lawsuit sinks him.  Any owner is going to think twice about confiding in him in any way after he's levied these accusations against the last guy who hired him.

Bottom line, if he'd won one more game this year his job would have been secure.  He took too long to correct some obvious problems and dug too big a hole.  Every coach hired along with him prior to the 2019 season who has made the playoffs at least once is still in place.   The same would be true for Flores.  We likely never hear a word about this  if he goes 10-7 and gets blasted by the Bills or Chiefs in the wild card round.

Last edited by HalCHorn on Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:35 pm

Although the lawsuit seems to be going scorched Earth against the NFL and it would appear Flores has bigger goals in mind than to lead a football team, the 40-year-old expressed interest on Wednesday in coaching either the Houston Texans or the New Orleans Saints, two clubs he has interviewed with.

“I’m still very interested in coaching and leading either one of those teams,” Flores said on ESPN via Matt Young of the Houston Chronicle.

https://sports.yahoo.com/brian-flores-still-interested-coaching-005856408.html

huh? so if he gets a job, does the lawsuit go away? i mean, how can you allege racist hiring practices if they actually hire you?

isn't this blackmail (sorry, i didn't make that word up)? is he not telling the Texans and Saints, if i don't get hired, then you'll be accused as racists in the lawsuit too?

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:41 pm

Elway response:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/03/john-elway-responds-to-false-and-defamatory-claims-made-by-brian-flores/

“While I was not planning to respond publicly to the false and defamatory claims by Brian Flores, I could not be silent any longer with my character, integrity and professionalism being attacked,” Elway said in a statement issued on Thursday. “I took Coach Flores very seriously as a candidate for our head coaching position in 2019 and enjoyed our three-and-a-half hour interview with him. Along with the rest of our group, I was prepared, ready and fully engaged during the entire interview as Brian shared his experience and vision for our team. . . . It’s unfortunate and shocking to learn for the first time this week that Brian felt differently about our interview with him.

“For Brian to make an assumption about my appearance and state of mind early that morning was subjective, hurtful and just plain wrong. If I appeared ‘disheveled,’ as he claimed, it was because we had flown in during the middle of the night — immediately following another interview in Denver — and were going on a few hours of sleep to meet the only window provided to us. . . . I interviewed Brian in good faith, giving him the same consideration and opportunity as every other candidate for our head coaching position in 2019.”

The presence of the word “defamatory” in Elway’s statement raises the question of whether Elway is considering suing Flores for defamation. The strong Wednesday night statement from Dolphins owner Stephen Ross created a similar perception.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:01 pm

I SAY DO IT ROSS AND ELWAY!!! GIVE FLORES A TASTE OF HIS OWN MEDICINE!!! HA!!! FOR EVERY ACTION THERE IS A EQUAL AND OPPPOSITE REACTION!!! IT'S LITERALLY A LAW OF PHYSICS!!!

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:11 pm

Ok, so NOW Flores is claiming that Belicheck influenced the Giants' decision to hire Daboll.

Yeah, it's really bolstering your case when you claim a guy you spent 15 years working for recommended someone else who hasn't worked him since 2006 over you to a team in the other conference....

HalCHorn

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next