The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fire Grier

+3
white1
JMP
CarsonChris
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fire Grier - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire Grier

Post by CarsonChris Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:30 pm

Pushed around and beat down again. Its time to address the players this man brings in.

CarsonChris

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:56 pm

Let's see what happens this week and beyond. No Chubb, no Phillips, this week is a real test of how we can respond to adversity.

Buffalo is the trendy pick right now but I just don't see a lot there. Barely beat Chargers, barely beat Patriots, beat the Chiefs only because Toney didn't know the rules. They were impressive against Dallas but other than that I don't see this invincible force coming to Miami Sunday night.

So if this is a team that is built to contend we should be handling this team Sunday night. I don't care if we get upset in the playoffs, etc. Win this game, get to 12-5 and a 2 seed, and that's an indication that we can build on this year. We won't be so hamstrung in next year's draft. We have our QB for at least one more year. I'm not expecting a Super Bowl this year, that's a tall order with that much of the pass rush missing. But this year can still be a strong step forward.

HalCHorn

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:17 am

CarsonChris wrote:Pushed around and beat down again. Its time to address the players this man brings in.

I see your point, but I blame the loss more on coaching than players. It was by far the worst game McD has coached, and I imagine if you look at Fangio's long history it was his worst game as well. Zero adjustments on either side of the ball. The Ravens made in-game adjustments and halftime adjustments and our coaches did absolutely nothing.

McD had another moronic challenge. He tried to rush a play before the first half two-minute warning for absolutely no reason, resulting in an INT that changed the entire game and directly led to the loss. He called terrible plays in the red zone. Ha had no answers for the Ravens' coverage schemes, despite the fact that their secondary was loaded with backup players.

As for Fangio, he had no idea how to generate a pass rush and he had no idea how to cover a pretty unimpressive Ravens' receiving corps. For most of the game, it looked like the Ravens were practicing against cardboard cutouts - just simple pitch and catch all day to receivers that could not have been more open. It was the single worst Dolphins defensive game I've seen since the playoff loss to the Jags in Marino's last game.

Of course the players own some of that - but to me, 99% of it falls on a coaching staff that was completely unprepared and had no idea what they were doing. They did not put their players into a position where they could succeed.

I'm not calling for anyone's job (except STs coach Danny Crossman), but the coaches were simply not ready for this game. I suspect they watched game tape of a different team, because they sure weren't watching any film on the Ravens.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:23 am

HalCHorn wrote:Let's see what happens this week and beyond.  No Chubb, no Phillips, this week is a real test of how we can respond to adversity.

Buffalo is the trendy pick right now but I just don't see a lot there.  Barely beat Chargers, barely beat Patriots, beat the Chiefs only because Toney didn't know the rules.  They were impressive against Dallas but other than that I don't see this invincible force coming to Miami Sunday night.

So if this is a team that is built to contend we should be handling this team Sunday night.  I don't care if we get upset in the playoffs, etc.  Win this game, get to 12-5 and a 2 seed, and that's an indication that we can build on this year.  We won't be so hamstrung in next year's draft.  We have our QB for at least one more year.  I'm not expecting a Super Bowl this year, that's a tall order with that much of the pass rush missing.  But this year can still be a strong step forward.

Yep, despite the loss we can still get the #2 seed and make some noise. It's still all there for the taking.

But I can't see how anyone can predict a Dolphins' win on Sunday. The Bills OWN this team, and they are coming in with momentum and are in a must-win situation. Half the stadium will be filled with Bills fans, and I can't imagine any scenario other than a Bills blowout win. The Dolphins have too many injuries and they continue to shit the bed every time they have an opportunity to make a statement. The outcome just seems so predictable: the Dolphins will roll over in the fetal position and let the Bills steal the division from them on their home turf in embarrassing fashion, and they'll get the #6 seed and get blown out in Kansas City.

Every season is different, but this is the same movie we've seen before - it's obvious.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:20 pm

Well, far be it from me to "HEIGHTEN" anyone's expectations, but since the the Bills beat down of the Cowboys, the Bills have managed to squeak by the Easton Stick led Chargers and almost lose to the Bailey "Crappy" Zappe led Pats, even with the Pats giving them four turnovers in the 1st half one of which was a pick-six!!

I agree, Joshie owns the Phins having a 3-1 record over the McD led Dolphins but...They are not exactly coming into Miami having steamrolled their last two BAD OPPONENTS.

The Bills tend to play down to the opposition level at times. I don't expect that to happen what with the AFC East on the line, but...

The Phins have a shot at home to win over the second team with a winning record they have played at home this season (right??? I think???). It will take a much better effort from the defense and Tua has to play close to Bama-Tua level and not the Bad-Tua we have been seeing.

As banged up and depleted as the Phins are, beating the Bills seems like a tall task, but I think it is doable. The Phins just have to play a decent game and not one of those lackluster non-competitive bumble-stumble fests that they usually turn in when playing any team with talent equal to their own!

The key is going to be stopping James Cook and not letting Diggs and the TEs run amok... anbd not letting Joshie get loose as well...

But I think the game will come down to the Phins offense versus the Bills D. Can Tua and company COMPETE or will they put forth another muddled bad offensive effort?

Who knows?
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:55 pm

finfanatic wrote:Well, far be it from me to "HEIGHTEN" anyone's expectations, but since the the Bills beat down of the Cowboys, the Bills have managed to squeak by the Easton Stick led Chargers and almost lose to the Bailey "Crappy" Zappe led Pats, even with the Pats giving them four turnovers in the 1st half one of which was a pick-six!!

I agree, Joshie owns the Phins having a 3-1 record over the McD led Dolphins but...They are not exactly coming into Miami having steamrolled their last two BAD OPPONENTS.

The Bills tend to play down to the opposition level at times. I don't expect that to happen what with the AFC East on the line, but...

The Bills have won 5 of their last 6 games and are one of the hottest teams in football. They may be winning ugly - but they're winning. This is a team that LOVES bullying the Dolphins and embarrassing them at every opportunity. The Phins typically respond to that bullying by falling to the ground and whimpering. Nothing I've seen this season makes me think the outcome Sunday night will be any different. And of course, the entire world will get to watch it happen in prime time. Yay.

The only questions in my mind are:
1. Will Tua (already with a sore throwing shoulder) come out of this game healthy?
2. How will the Bills choose to kick our ass: will it be Josh Allen throwing for 400+ yards, or James Cook running for 200+ yards? (Hell, if the Dolphins play like they did in Baltimore both things might happen.)

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:25 pm

JMP wrote:......Every season is different, but this is the same movie we've seen before - it's obvious.  

Actually unless you date the movie back 25 years than no at least "I" havent seen this movie before, watch the back end credits and you know this movie ain't the same......
#1 QB in passing yards
#1 QB in passer rating
#1 QB in YPC
#5 QB in TD's

None of the QB's in the movie I saw had anywhere near these stats.  

And for all the What should we do about Tua nay sayers I will say this.  You need to look at this kids career as a whole. Nothing was set up for him til now.  He had Lyn Bowden, Mike Gesicki, Devante Parker, Jakeem Grant, Isaiah Ford, Malcom Perry....yada, yada, yada, behind the worse offensive line in football.  And yes, half of what he has now, in Eichenberg, Jackson and Hunt. The fault is that all the coaching did for him was highlight what he has coupled with the piss poor line. Case in point, the under 2 second pass plays.  They fostered this because they couldn't protect him especially now when the we have literally 4 backups starting, 5 if you consider Armstead aint playing every down.  Essentially we can deduce that there was no protection issues from the 1st string to the 2nd. When we clearly know that there is. We have seen what he can do when he has time but its rare.  That shouldn't even be a question.  The question is what happens when he is forced to become a drop back passer and the line can't block, this movie i have seen.  Again, with 5 backups.

I will ask everyone what they said at the beginning of the season.  EVERYONE in the entire world began every statement, "MIAMI IS.......IF TUA STAYS HEALTHY" Sooooooooo.........I'll do the same shit......"TUA 'WAS' HEALTHY.....MIAMI IS POSSIBLY THE #2 SEED".  Fuckin Ass Clowns now days.
Umix10
Umix10

JMP and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:56 am

Umix10 wrote:
Actually unless you date the movie back 25 years than no at least "I" havent seen this movie before, watch the back end credits and you know this movie ain't the same......
#1 QB in passing yards
#1 QB in passer rating
#1 QB in YPC
#5 QB in TD's

None of the QB's in the movie I saw had anywhere near these stats.  

Rankings are cool, and these rankings in particular are fantastic. But losing important late-season games? Seems like the same results to me. Can we maybe score more than 20 points on the road against a good team? Could we maybe beat the Bills? Stats and rankings aren't going to make me feel better if we end up with the #6 seed and lose in round one of the playoffs.

I have absolutely nothing against Tua. But the fact remains: he MUST prove he can beat good teams when it counts. That has not been the case so far. The Cowboys win was great - but we scored one TD in that game. One TD won't cut it against the Bills. All I'm saying is: do better. We've seen end of year collapses from the Dolphins over and over again - the faces change, the stats change, but so far the results are the same.

This season, we had EVERYTHING lined up to go on a legit Super Bowl run - and then we pissed it away by losing at home to a garbage Titans team and then getting absolutely annihilated on the road against the one team standing in our way. On the biggest stage with everything on the line, the Dolphins did not show up. Yeah, I've seen that one before - many times.

The good news is, we can change all that on Sunday night. I just have no confidence that we will...but maybe this will turn out to be a different movie after all. We'll see.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2