The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Talk...Approximate Value

+2
JMP
DolFan 316
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Let's Talk...Approximate Value - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Talk...Approximate Value

Post by finfanatic Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:10 pm

The Chiefs have a roster full of cheap, drafted talent. The Phins do not.

The Chiefs 3rd round rookie OT started 4 games (I think it was four?) this season and is generating talk about letting the free agent Vet he filled in for go this off season. The Phins, have Ryan Hayes on the practice squad and he couldn't sniff the field this season.

These are just a couple of things that separate the Phins and Chiefs IMO.

The Chiefs seem to be setup for sustained winning and the Phins are 40 mill over the cap, have not paid Tua yet, and may lose some of the very few Grier draft picks that are actually VERY GOOD (Wilkins and Hunt).

Maybe Grier and Co will fix the cap, re-sign Tua and Hunt and Wilkins and bring in some top notch free agents and draft a HOF class of rookies that will finally get the Phins over the hump. But given their history, that seems very unlikely.

Pointing out FACTS is not shitting on the team. This team has some very real problems and all of them can/could be addressed with a different personnel management philosophy IMO.
finfanatic
finfanatic

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk...Approximate Value - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Talk...Approximate Value

Post by JMP Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:05 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:this isn't the direction you want to take.

Sure it is. This is how I feel, and I don't really care if I'm alone. I'm not going to fall into the "everything sucks" trap...I can't do the negative stuff anymore - it's not productive and I don't need the stress. I'd rather focus on the positives and potential improvements than dwell on all the "we suck" angles. I'm happy to be the dissenting opinion.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:10 pm

Again, the Dolphins are not alone in any of this - 31 teams will have the same exact complaints on February 12. Every fanbase hates their team's GM, doesn't think the QB is good enough, hates the draft, hates the playcalling, etc. - unless they win the Super Bowl.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:58 am

JMP, I have no problem with admitting Grier has done some good things, but the central point that the personnel path he seems to be following is not sustainable is not an "everything sucks" point IMO.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:24 pm

But what are you guys really talking about? AV stats, Chiefs, Bills, Playoff Teams, Dallas. When you compare teams no matter how you look at it.....one is better than the other. ALWAYS..... IN ALL WAYS. Statistics without substance is nothing but algebra. Dont know how you can take a stat skew it and ignore a different POV.

Miami sucked....I said it. How did they suck though? They weren't less talented. They had a good scheme. Injuries played a huge part in gameplanning. But what caused us to lose? Bad playcalling, mental breakdowns, bad coahcing, bad penalties, selfishness, close minded adjustments. None of it points to the roster other than mental capacity. I would run it back with this roster with the exception of Danny Crossman and Jake Bailey. "IF" we were healthy it would have been fun. Don't take stats for a team and blame Tua for that. He passed for 4k yards with 12 different OL combinations. What if I said the reason He struggled against winning teams is because the OL struggled against winning teams? What if I said the reason why he struggled is because he can't do shit when he's snapping the ball out of neccessity rather than when he's ready? What if I said the playcall timing is causing the oline to false start cuz they cant get set in time cuz the playcall takes too long.

Why dont we stop posting shit and go back and watch the tape? Take stats that no body cares about but it shows up on tape. Watch all the things that make a team successful that aren't stat checked. Things happen long before the QB handsoff the ball, or takes a snap, or throws the ball, or the reciever catches it. Let's talk about those things before we use stats to say the roster is good or isn't.

Umix10
Umix10

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:08 am

I like the board where anyone is free to post their "shit" and not be told to stop posting shit by another poster with a different opinion. Surely your opinion can stand up to all the "shit" the rest of us unworthy dimwits are posting?

I agree it is just stats. It's a measurement of actual metrics, but what does it really tell you? I do think it is relevant to a discussion of the Phins and fail to see why anyone would use it to tell other posters to stop posting "Shit".

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:04 pm

finfanatic wrote:I like the board where anyone is free to post their "shit" and not be told to stop posting shit by another poster with a different opinion. Surely your opinion can stand up to all the "shit" the rest of us unworthy dimwits are posting?  

I agree it is just stats. It's a measurement of actual metrics, but what does it really tell you? I do think it is relevant to a discussion of the Phins and fail to see why anyone would use it to tell other posters to stop posting "Shit".

I agree with you I like it here.  Dont take offense! If i offended i apologize.  simple as that.  You are free to post anything you want.

Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:25 pm

It's all good. I think Umix is just trying to focus on the big picture - and in this case, that means looking at ALL the reasons the team failed. Clearly, all the ugly losses were the result of a TEAM effort. It's easy to blame one person, but the truth is wasn't all on Tua, it wasn't all on McD, it wasn't all on Fangio - every single coach and player played a role in the losses, and the insane number of injuries was #1 on the list.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:14 pm

Umix10 wrote:I agree with you I like it here.  Dont take offense! If i offended i apologize.  simple as that.  You are free to post anything you want.

Don't sweat it Umix, you are ALWAYS welcome here cheers Unlike certain other people we really ARE tolerant and inclusive. I wish you'd post more TBH.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:28 am

Umix10 wrote:
finfanatic wrote:I like the board where anyone is free to post their "shit" and not be told to stop posting shit by another poster with a different opinion. Surely your opinion can stand up to all the "shit" the rest of us unworthy dimwits are posting?  

I agree with you I like it here.  Dont take offense! If i offended i apologize.  simple as that.  You are free to post anything you want.

No problem, U. Sorry if I took that the wrong way.

With the background we come from about posting, I guess I am overly sensitive to anything that smacks of censorship.

I apologize for my reaction to your post.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2