The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cam Smith

5 posters

Go down

Cam Smith Empty Cam Smith

Post by white1 Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:23 pm

Well, this is discouraging to hear.

Listening to "AllDolphins" Podcast and they have guest Tony Pauline on to talk draft.

He touched on Cam Smith. Reports that the Dolphins have had a ton of issues with Cam Smith off the field. Immature, does not prioritize football, etc.

He says if "the light comes on" they will have a very good player. On the flip side of that coin, if he changes nothing he'll be a guy that bounces around the league as teams try to "fix him" and ultimately will wash out.

Remind you of anyone? Reminds me of Vontae Davis.

How is the front office evaluating their college scouts? Who needs to be fired for repeatedly advocating for immature head cases that won't pan out?
white1
white1

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Cam Smith Empty Re: Cam Smith

Post by JMP Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:31 pm

How is it that Tony Pauline knows what's happening with a player on the Dolphins but not one local reporter has this info? Sounds like more fake news to me.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:25 am

JMP, this is the same sort of "rumors" that caused him to drop out of the first round. There were "reports" of trouble in college also.

I hope I am wrong, but there is a chance Cam Smith is not going to make it in the NFL.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:20 pm

finfanatic wrote:JMP, this is the same sort of "rumors" that caused him to drop out of the first round. There were "reports" of trouble in college also.

I hope I am wrong, but there is a chance Cam Smith is not going to make it in the NFL.

So maybe he was just rehashing the college info? Because there's no way that Tony Pauline has inside info that not one Dolphins reporter has - just not buying that at all.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:48 am

Maybe Tony is using his "South Beach" contacts to get his info?

Laughing

I know I heard about Cecil the Diesel from a friend who saw him "acting like a jackass" in So. Beach and said "It's just a matter of time."

Of course with Cecil, it was ALWAYS just a matter of time.

As the old saying goes "Knuckleheads gonna knucklehead sum'tin and sum'time!!"

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:01 am

the local reporters usually do know about this type of information, but do not report it as their access is controlled by the team. very often when a national guy breaks this kind of news (and cites un-named sources), he got it from the local reporters who are too afraid to post this kind of stuff for fear of retribution by the team - and sometimes the actually player himself. after reporting something like this, the local guys very often have to then face that same dude the next day.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:09 am

the local reporters usually do know about this type of information, but do not report it as their access is controlled by the team. very often when a national guy breaks this kind of news (and cites un-named sources), he got it from the local reporters who are too afraid to post this kind of stuff for fear of retribution by the team - and sometimes the actually player himself. after reporting something like this, the local guys very often have to then face that same dude the next day.

I think you nailed it, merc, and that's why I both believe the report and I'm not happy about it.

Let's look at the supporting evidence for this theory:

- Being a podcast, this is a verbal report. There is no tweet or article to link to, so no chance a player/agent could text Cam Smith and say "hey look at what they said about you!"
- This was AllDolphins with Omar and Alain hosting Tony Pauline to talk draft. They do about one a day, so the conversation/comments about Smith are effectively buried in an almost hour long episode - and this was episode number 240 or something.
- While Pauline was talking about Cam Smith, and after he made his comments, Omar and Alain literally said nothing. They moved onto the next topic. Matches exactly the behavior merc talks about above.

Of course we don't know if the report is valid, but I'd put the chances at well over 80 percent. The lack of reaction by the beat reporters, and the link to risks about Smith in college line up. We can only hope the light turns on for him and he decides to put in the work and become a good starter. If not, we will know with almost 100% certainty the report was true.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:44 pm

All sounds like BS news to me. No other reporters have picked up on this story since Pauline said it.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:52 pm

Omar followed up today. He was not expecting to hear that and is going to find out where Smith is working out in the offseason to talk to him about it
white1
white1

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:13 pm

finfanatic wrote:Maybe Tony is using his "South Beach" contacts to get his info?

Laughing

I know I heard about Cecil the Diesel from a friend who saw him "acting like a jackass" in So. Beach and said "It's just a matter of time."

Of course with Cecil, it was ALWAYS just a matter of time.

As the old saying goes "Knuckleheads gonna knucklehead sum'tin and sum'time!!"

Remember when I threw a hissyfit right after he was drafted precisely because of his behavior issues and was rebuffed with "it's only a 5th round pick"? Good times...

Because it's something bad, not only do I completely believe this report about Smith, I'm also convinced it's even WORSE than we know. That's always how bad news about this team ends up being Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:26 pm

white1 wrote:Omar followed up today. He was not expecting to hear that and is going to find out where Smith is working out in the offseason to talk to him about it

Good to know. Omar is usually tight with the players so he'll get the true story.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:33 pm

JMP wrote:
white1 wrote:Omar followed up today. He was not expecting to hear that and is going to find out where Smith is working out in the offseason to talk to him about it

Good to know.  Omar is usually tight with the players so he'll get the true story.

Not a good sign when local guys get scooped Embarassed Also, I'm sure approaching Smith just before or after a workout and asking why he's been so immature will go over real well Rolling Eyes

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down