The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draft move down and FA

+9
finfanatic
Degarmo
Umix10
rightchea
HalCHorn
finskev
white1
mercury22nathan
CarsonChris
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Draft move down and FA - Page 2 Empty Re: Draft move down and FA

Post by Birdmond Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:58 am

white1 wrote:Tannenbaum last draft class with the Jets, graded by "Gang Green" website as an "F":

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2016/1/12/10753910/jets-draft-a-look-back-to-grade-the-2012-class

Yes but at the time of the draft it was considered a very good draft. Most all the experts loved it.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:30 pm

Now Usa Today has us taking Reggie Ragland at 13 and putting him in the Middle and moving alonzo outside and let him use his speed.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:58 pm

While I don't like the idea of taking a G in the first round, Cody Whitehair is my prediction at 13. On the plus side, he fills a huge need and is likely a very safe bet to start in the NFL quickly and for a long time.

Prediction in Round 2: William Jackson III or Darron Lee.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:55 am

HalCHorn wrote:While I don't like the idea of taking a G in the first round, Cody Whitehair is my prediction at 13. On the plus side, he fills a huge need and is likely a very safe bet to start in the NFL quickly and for a long time.

Prediction in Round 2: William Jackson III or Darron Lee

I think you have it backwards. WJ3 and Lee are first round talents. Whitehairs 13 reps at the bench locked him into round two.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:01 pm

For Me I rather have a OL in the first round and then get someone in the secondary in the second. If Miami can't get a good RB with having to trade away picks then I say go for it.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:06 pm

Wouldnt you wanna have a draft like this? i was scratching my head on the Whitehair pick but, im irritated with the dolphins for not addressing the G position so i had to make a move to prove a point......lmfao

Round 1 Pick 25 (PITT): Cody Whitehair, OG, Kansas State (B)
Round 1 Pick 26 (SEA): Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 20 (NYJ): Artie Burns, CB, Miami (Fla.) (B+)
Round 2 Pick 26 (G.B.): Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA (A+)
Round 3 Pick 10: Kamalei Correa, OLB, Boise State (A)
Round 3 Pick 13 (L.A.): John Theus, OT, Georgia (A)
Round 3 Pick 25 (G.B.): Shawn Oakman, DE, Baylor (B+)
Round 4 Pick 9: Keanu Neal, FS, Florida (A-)
Round 4 Pick 12 (L.A.): Keyarris Garrett, WR, Tulsa (A)
Round 4 Pick 20 (NYJ): Paul Perkins, RB, UCLA (A-)
Round 4 Pick 26 (SEA): Eric Striker, OLB/ILB, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 5 Pick 8: Harlan Miller, CB, Southeastern Louisiana (A)16:05:09
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:10 pm

About a third of those picks in volume would be about right for Tannenbaum. Like maybe 4 selections total.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:58 pm

Degarmo wrote:About a third of those picks in volume would be about right for Tannenbaum.  Like maybe 4 selections total.

Just wait until he decides to trade up from 13--after he traded down 5 spots of course. You know it's happening.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:36 pm

I will be watching this draft with a box of stale peeps I absconded with, and a loaded handgun. Every time the Dolphins do something stupid, I'm shooting a hostage.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:54 pm

Degarmo wrote:I will be watching this draft with a box of stale peeps I absconded with, and a loaded handgun.  Every time the Dolphins do something stupid, I'm shooting a hostage.

LOL  So, peeps are good for something after all!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:10 pm

Umix10 wrote:Wouldnt you wanna have a draft like this? i was scratching my head on the Whitehair pick but, im irritated with the dolphins for not addressing the G position so i had to make a move to prove a point......lmfao

Round 1 Pick 25 (PITT): Cody Whitehair, OG, Kansas State (B)
Round 1 Pick 26 (SEA): Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 20 (NYJ): Artie Burns, CB, Miami (Fla.) (B+)
Round 2 Pick 26 (G.B.): Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA (A+)
Round 3 Pick 10: Kamalei Correa, OLB, Boise State (A)
Round 3 Pick 13 (L.A.): John Theus, OT, Georgia (A)
Round 3 Pick 25 (G.B.): Shawn Oakman, DE, Baylor (B+)
Round 4 Pick 9: Keanu Neal, FS, Florida (A-)
Round 4 Pick 12 (L.A.): Keyarris Garrett, WR, Tulsa (A)
Round 4 Pick 20 (NYJ): Paul Perkins, RB, UCLA (A-)
Round 4 Pick 26 (SEA): Eric Striker, OLB/ILB, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 5 Pick 8: Harlan Miller, CB, Southeastern Louisiana (A)16:05:09

I would pee my pants with excitement if that ever happened. But it isonly a dream and my pants aren't wet Laughing

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:26 pm

Umix wheelin' and dealin'!  Nice!  Cool 

I'm not a fan of Whitehair (no more weak linemen!!!), but Elliott at 26 would be the steal of the draft.  And any mock draft that has Artie Burns going to the Phins is A-OK in my book!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:35 am

Birdmond wrote:
HalCHorn wrote:While I don't like the idea of taking a G in the first round, Cody Whitehair is my prediction at 13.  On the plus side, he fills a huge need and is likely a very safe bet to start in the NFL quickly and for a long time.

Prediction in Round 2: William Jackson III or Darron Lee

I think you have it backwards.  WJ3 and Lee are first round talents.  Whitehairs 13 reps at the bench locked him into round two.  

Great point on Whitehair.  I think 13 is a bit too high for Lee, though Jackson might make sense there.

Hard to project, since we try to do so from a standpoint of moves making sense, and when is the last time the Dolphins did the same?  It's been a while.

Another name to watch for, especially if we trade down, is Hunter Henry. Another need position, and a pick that would not only give Tanny a viable target but would help the run blocking a great deal.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:30 pm

Degarmo wrote:I will be watching this draft with a box of stale peeps I absconded with, and a loaded handgun.  Every time the Dolphins do something stupid, I'm shooting a hostage.

Laughing

Now that's funny right there.

I am torn by the thought that Tannebaum will do something incredibly stupid...like trade up for Dion Jordan type stupid....you know, that looks good, but makes you scratch your head. Say What? Did Ireland just ATTEMPT to trade up and get an IMPACT player...who turned out to be a huge BUST, btu still....this is so off-script I wonder if someone has been putting weird-think juice in his coffee???

I think if Shaq Lawson passes the medical, the Phins should draft him. Dude can play. yeah yeah...Mario...Cam....who cares? Get a real PLAYER for danged sure in the 1st round.

I think if Reggie Ragland is there, I would be hard pressed not to draft him. The Phins have not had a LB like Ragland in a long time. Since the good ol'days of Karlos Dansby. The atrocious LB play is one factor that is limiting the effectiveness of the defense IMO. I sincerely DOUBT Kiko is gonna make us go "Zach who?"

I think if the Phins do not somehow get another CB that can step in and man the other side of the field from Maxwell, they are gonna be in even deeper do-do then they normally are...when Maxwell goes down with injury.

I don't know if they have the CBs rated higher or the other players, but the decision is gonna hinge on whether they think they can get a CB in the second, or whether they feel they have to get one of the CBs with that 1st rounder?

If they draft an O-lineman in the 1st after getting all CLEVER last year in the 2nd round, Degarmo should use his Peep-slayer on Tannebaum!!!

Twisted Evil

The Conklin thinking...Guard first, then replace Albert eventually...IS intriguing, but I don't think Tannebaum VALUES the interior O-line as much as he should.

I mean, geeze, Dallas Thomas is STILL in the running for a starting Guard spot...when most of us feel he should just be RUNNING...away from a mob of Phin Phans angry that he is EVEN ON THE TEAM!

This is why the draft is so much FUN! There are just a veritable plethora of ways to screw it up. The Phins have not yet exhausted even one tenth of the ways!

Very Happy
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:12 pm

At 13, Ragland would be my pick. But, I don't think the Dolphins will draft a LB high. I'm thinking the pick will be DL - maybe Shaq Lawson or Jarran Reed.

I think there will be tons of value at cornerback in round 2...my guess is the Phins wait till then for their corner.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:03 pm

You guys realize that NONE of the players you're talking about will actually be picked by the Fins, right? Just like every other year.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:22 am

Well, I am thinking if the Eagles go QB, and some team does not trade up ahead of the Phins, there is a SLIM CHANCE the Phins go for Eze. Elliot!

Since my new truism about the Phins is "Even the Good moves turn to Bitter ashes."...I do not know whether this would be a good thing or not.

I just keep flashing back to David Overstreet. Another RB drafted in the 1st at #13 overall I am thinking????

EGAD!!!

Maybe drafting RB at #13 overall is NOT A GOOD THING!!!

Let the superstition-meister DF316 weigh in on this matter.

Inquiring minds want to know???

Very Happy

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:30 am

Overstreet actually showed a lot of promise when he eventually played for the Phins...unfortunately, he died (in a car accident???) before he really got a chance to show what he could do.

My bottom line in this draft is take the best player available at 13.  If Elliott is there, he's the pick - regardless of how RBs are valued these days, this is not the strongest first round class at all, and it is very likely that Elliott would be the best player at 13 regardless of position.  But, my gut tells me he'll be gone before 13 and the BPA will likely be a defensive lineman.

One note: I'm not considering Paxton Lynch, even though I think he would be far and away the BPA at 13...and maybe anywhere in round one.  But - the Phins have clearly put all their eggs in the Tannehill basket, and I don't think they will draft a QB at all - and certainly not in round one.  Too bad - I think Lynch can be special in time.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:01 am

No superstition here. Being really bad at player acquisition and development creates a lot of bad luck. Odd how that works.

The Fins created the need to take Elliott at #13 by letting Miller walk when the FA pool of RBs was a bigger pile of garbage than perhaps I've ever seen. Overstreet's death was literally like something out of a movie BTW. Crashed into a gas station and his car (and the station too I think) literally exploded Shocked

Lynch would be perfect. Draft him this year, start Tannehill, then next year let Tannehill go before his ginormous cap hit really kicks in and then you've got a ready made starter. That's what a smart team would do. The Fins are not a smart team Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Draft move down and FA - Page 2 Empty Understatement of the day

Post by finfanatic Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:07 pm

DolFan 316 wrote: That's what a smart team would do. The Fins are not a smart team Laughing

Understatement of the day IMO.

This bunch has even surpassed my Drunken Monkey Clan reference. I no longer use it as I think it is insulting to Drunken Monkeys to compare them with the Phins front office.

clown
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:25 pm

There has to be an undersized slow MLB from Utah we can draft at 13.

Maybe a good press cover corner we force to play zone?

How 'bout a really solid No. 4 slot guy in the four-wide that can return punts?

Maybe a tackle we slot at guard who can be a utility swing man, someone along the lines of Nate Garner.

Or, we could draft blocking TE with hands of stone.

There are so many possibilities yet to explore.

I'm telling you, a peep is getting shot.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:17 pm

LMAO!!! I forgot about the obligatory Mormon player Very Happy

I would do anything to see Degarmo shooting peeps on Youtube during the draft. Or Twitch even.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:59 am

Degarmo wrote:There has to be an undersized slow MLB from Utah we can draft at 13.

Maybe a good press cover corner we force to play zone?

How 'bout a really solid No. 4 slot guy in the four-wide that can return punts?

Maybe a tackle we slot at guard who can be a utility swing man, someone along the lines of Nate Garner.

Or, we could draft blocking TE with hands of stone.

There are so many possibilities yet to explore.

I'm telling you, a peep is getting shot.

Have no fear...Tannenbaum and Gase have both said that the pick at 13 will probably be a starter! LOL The Dolphins are one of the few teams in the league where being a "starter" doesn't mean much! Basketball

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:52 am

JMP wrote:Have no fear...Tannenbaum and Gase have both said that the pick at 13 will probably be a starter!  LOL  The Dolphins are one of the few teams in the league where being a "starter" doesn't mean much!  Basketball

I remember when some people actually used to justify the drafts by saying those players were starters, which was supposed to make it all okay somehow. As if they were ever starters on merit, as opposed to the team literally having nobody else Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:20 am

My newest fear is we trade up to draft Elliott.

I'm fine drafting him if he falls to 13 - trade up no. We need our picks
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next