The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Head coach search

+6
scotgif
HalCHorn
white1
DolFan 316
rightchea
CarsonChris
10 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Head coach search - Page 5 Empty Re: Head coach search

Post by HalCHorn Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:06 pm

I ain't afraid of no Gase.

If he'd had the opportunity for a time out, a few years as an O/C to think about his mistakes and learn from them, I'd be worried. All this lightning quick new hiring is going to do is convince him he was the smartest guy in the room all along.

See Eric Mangini, 2009-2010.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:11 am

HalCHorn wrote:I ain't afraid of no Gase.  

If he'd had the opportunity for a time out, a few years as an O/C to think about his mistakes and learn from them, I'd be worried.  All this lightning quick new hiring is going to do is convince him he was the smartest guy in the room all along.

See Eric Mangini, 2009-2010.  

Agree 1000%.

If we do in fact hire Kris Richard and he builds a big, tough, kick ass defense ala the Legion of Boom, Gase's weak-ass finesse offense will be lucky to score 10 points against us.

Gotta admit...the more I read/watch about Richard, the more excited I'm getting about the thought of him leading the Phins. Could this FINALLY be a Dolphins' head coach that I like???

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:02 am

I was feeling pretty good about Grier to this point...though I wish he was doing a broader head coach search.

But the latest news is a huge WTF moment, and now makes me wonder if Grier has his head up his ass:

The Miami Dolphins have identified a second in-house candidate to potentially replace Adam Gase.

The first is special teams coach Darren Rizzi, with whom the team has an interview set up with Friday morning.

The second — offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains, with whom the Dolphins will hold an interview Friday afternoon.

His one-year track record with the Dolphins doesn’t bode well. Miami finished 31st in total offense (289.9 yards/game), 30th in passing offense (181.2 yards/game), 26th in yards per play (5.3), 26th in scoring (19.9 points/game) and 18th in rushing offense (108.6 yards/game).

Loggains is also a candidate to become the offensive coordinator with the New York Jets and reunite with Gase, who was named the Jets’ head coach on Thursday

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article224284150.html#storylink=cpy

OK, what the fuck??? On what planet does it make any sense whatsoever to interview Dowell Fucking Loggains??? What has this guy done to deserve another OC job, let alone a head coach job? If Grier can't find anyone better to interview, he should just quit now.

Maybe I'm making too much of it, but this is mind-boggling...I can't think of one good reason to even entertain the idea of Dowell Fucking Loggains as a head coach.

If this is the best Grier can do...wow. I thought the Dennis Allen interview was stupid. But this...I can't even think of a word to describe how asinine this is. Pretty much every coach ever would be a better candidate than Loggains...I just don't get it.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:58 pm

Jets set to hire Gregg Williams as DC. Finally, Gase gets a decent defensive coach. I think Williams is overrated and he does seem to wear out his welcome quickly wherever he goes, but it's a good hire for a head coach that ignores that side of the ball.

The Jets are putting together a coaching staff filled with asshole personalities...should be fun to watch that play out with the NY media after a few losses! Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:41 pm

sound like miami is looking at Flores as head coach but they are still interviewing other coaches which doesnt make total sense....IMO if you like a coach and you really want him as a coach then focus on him and who else he should have with his staff

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:24 pm

Williams will be the Jets' head coach in 2 years.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:25 am

Mando alluded to some kind of influence from Loggains agent. The interview probably helps his client.

No harm in following through, all these guys have relationships that must be maintained to continue working together.

No way in hell we would ever hire him.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5