The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Head coach search

+6
scotgif
HalCHorn
white1
DolFan 316
rightchea
CarsonChris
10 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Head coach search - Page 4 Empty Re: Head coach search

Post by Umix10 Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:57 pm

Rizzi has been with the team since 2010. The thing is......he's been a ST guy for the entire time he's been here. THAT.....is the most intriguing thing of all. I think that he would have the most success because....he will actually oversee the team and not coach one or the other. The difference in the past is that they have all been position coaches or coordinators of some sort. I think Rizzi is the guy that would ease back and let the coordinators game plan with him having the final say. Not calling plays or controlling the offense or defense is what we need. We really need a coach who will command nothing but oversee EVERYTHING, a fact that was not evident in his predecessor.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:12 pm

JMP wrote:Adam Beasley seems to think that Brian Flores may be #1 on the Phins list. I'm intrigued by Flores...but need to look into him more.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article224032105.html

I have seen this report as well on bleacher report. My issue is that the Pat's defense hasn't been great this year and getting someone from a mediocre defense doesnt make sense

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:29 pm

rightchea wrote:
JMP wrote:Adam Beasley seems to think that Brian Flores may be #1 on the Phins list.  I'm intrigued by Flores...but need to look into him more.  

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article224032105.html

I have seen this report as well on bleacher report. My issue is that the Pat's defense hasn't been great this year and getting someone from a mediocre defense doesnt make sense

Sent from Topic'it App

Don't believe the hype...the Pats' defense was actually excellent this season in the one category that counts: points allowed. They were the #6 team in points allowed...just 20 points a game. They do give up tons of yards and their overall ranking is low (#21) because of that, but points allowed is really the only stat that matters - and the Pats are one of the best in that category year after year. And that's with really no stars on defense.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:12 pm

Nobody from the Belichick coaching tree amounts to anything. It's like he lets his assistants go to other teams on purpose just to ruin them, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that really was the case.

Hell, the Fins would be better off hiring former Belichick players (Vrabel) than assistants!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:47 pm

Just saw that the Jets hired Adam Gase

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:02 pm

Gase hired by the Jests!  Yes!!!!

If anyone needs a laugh, check this out:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-sports-adam-gase-dolphins-jets-coaching-search-20190109-story.html

"He’s smart, confident and doesn’t put up with any B.S. He realizes that a rotten culture will destroy everything. He’s got no time for knuckleheads."

That's right, he doesn't want the competition.

"Let’s dispel one giant myth: Gase did not lose the Dolphins’ locker room."

That's right, losing to 3 teams who won a combined 16 games between them by a 100-41 margin is not indicative of a team that has quit.

"You have to respect that about the man. He didn’t put up with garbage. He respected players and asked for one thing in return: Respect the game."

The penalties that never stopped no matter how much the turnstiles kept spinning, yeah, that was really respectful of the game and indicative of discipline.

"His mindset and message to his team are pure. It’s some variation of this every week: We’re going to score 50 points and kick their ass."

That's true, nothing says scoring 50 points like running plays on 3rd and 10 and constant bubble screens.

"Quarterback Ryan Tannehill missed five more games after being shelved for the entire 2017 season. Gase won seven games with Tannehill and Brock Freakin’ Osweiler."

Two quarterbacks that Gase personally selected, since he had final say over the roster.

"Gase has confidence and leadership traits coming out of his pores."

Nothing says confidence and leadership like making excuses after every loss and throwing assistant coaches and specific players under the bus.

Seriously, did Gase's agent pay the guy to write this?

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:15 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Seriously, did Gase's agent pay the guy to write this?

I think he saved the money and wrote it himself.

Gase will sweep the Fins every season he's there and pretty much suck against everybody else, mark my words. That's just how our luck goes.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:52 pm

Exactly what I’m afraid of.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:18 pm

Shocked WOW!! I did not see that coming. Here in NY the news at about 6pm was that the Jets were ready to hire Mike Rhule. Gase came out of nowhere!

Terrible hire for the Jets...he's going to ruin a very promising young QB and waste the talent they do have. Word is that he's going to hire Loggains as his OC and Vance Joseph as his DC...so apparently he learned nothing from his time in Miami.

Bad new for the Jets = GREAT news for the Phins! I can actually sit back and enjoy Gase's shitshow this time!!! cheers cheers cheers

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:23 pm

Back to the Phins...sounding more and more like Richard is getting the job. Nothing will happen till the Cowboys get eliminated, so expect things to heat up next week!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:31 am

I'd be OK with Richard or Bienemy. I think Richard would be my first choice.

As a side note, contrary to Armando's column yesterday, I like the fact that the 'Fins are mostly talking to guys with a defensive background at a time when the rest of the league is doing the opposite. We've been following "trends" for too long. Chasing after an offensive guy and ignoring other possibilities is how we ended up with Cameron, Philbin and Gase.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:55 am

Totally agree Hal.

The Fins were blown away by Tomlin interview but they chose Cameron “because offense.” Look how that turned out.

The almost immediate uproar from Dallas fans is telling, plus the comments from Jerry Jones. They know what they’ve got in Richard and don’t want to lose him. Would be a good hire.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:05 am

Rumor has it Gase is hiring Gregg Williams as defensive coordinator.

Dammit.

If true, that’s one lesson he learned. I would much prefer to see Joseph or Burke with him. Williams knows defense and will keep them in games.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:11 am

HalCHorn wrote:Gase hired by the Jests!

good news as far as i am concerned.

Gase will ruin Darnold. and Joseph will dismantle that defense. he may get his 1 or 2 revenge wins initially, but long term, the Phins will benefit from this (or should benefit anyways).

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:15 am

DolFan 316 wrote:Gase will sweep the Fins every season he's there and pretty much suck against everybody else, mark my words. That's just how our luck goes.

i thought for sure you'd write about how this proves that Ross is indeed a Jets mole set on destroying the Dolphins. first, he hires the hottest coaching name in Gase and gives him full control to gut his own Phins team and then fires him once the job is done so he can revert back to that hot young coaching phenom for his beloved Jets.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:52 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:Gase will sweep the Fins every season he's there and pretty much suck against everybody else, mark my words. That's just how our luck goes.

i thought for sure you'd write about how this proves that Ross is indeed a Jets mole set on destroying the Dolphins.  first, he hires the hottest coaching name in Gase and gives him full control to gut his own Phins team and then fires him once the job is done so he can revert back to that hot young coaching phenom for his beloved Jets.

First off, as the second in command, so to speak, of our resident conspiracy duo, BRAVO Wink

Secondly, I agree with DF316 that the Jets will beat us at least once a year, not sure about the sweep, but they'll be a thorn in our side as he ruins Darnold and leads them to several 8-8/9-7 seasons.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:12 pm

they will get the same treatment we got a lot of hope and nothing to show for

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:13 pm

This link is in support of the "Gase was more lucky than good' POV. Which I agree with.

http://www.footballperspective.com/adam-gases-dolphins-went-3-19-in-games-decided-by-more-than-8-points/

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:26 pm

Degarmo wrote:
mercury22nathan wrote:

i thought for sure you'd write about how this proves that Ross is indeed a Jets mole set on destroying the Dolphins.  first, he hires the hottest coaching name in Gase and gives him full control to gut his own Phins team and then fires him once the job is done so he can revert back to that hot young coaching phenom for his beloved Jets.

First off, as the second in command, so to speak, of our resident conspiracy duo, BRAVO Wink

Secondly, I agree with DF316 that the Jets will beat us at least once a year, not sure about the sweep, but they'll be a thorn in our side as he ruins Darnold and leads them to several 8-8/9-7 seasons.

Wait...you're "second in command" now even though the Jets mole thing was YOUR idea??? Don't tell me you're pulling a Gase and throwing me under the bus! Mad Razz Wink

But seriously, I just figured Ross was taking the same approach as the team owner in that movie Major League. Degarmo actually came up with the Jets twist, which to that point I hadn't considered. I still do think he's trying to ruin this team on purpose though and is actually pissed he hasn't gotten them to the 2016-17 Browns level yet. NOBODY could be this incompetent if they were actually trying to win.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:40 pm

I still do think he's trying to ruin this team on purpose though and is actually pissed he hasn't gotten them to the 2016-17 Browns level yet.

He's not pissed about that at all - his plan is to wallow in mediocrity, not to be the worst team like the Browns. The worse you are, the higher pick you get - and you increase the chances that you draft a franchise-caliber player, even if it's by accident. But winning 6-10 games every year ensures that you win nothing of note AND never get a chance to draft a franchise player. This is is all playing out exactly as Ross planned. Twisted Evil

This conspiracy stuff is fun! Very Happy

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:56 pm

Sorry, DF, I wasn't trying to throw you under the bus Wink

I like coming up with fun theories because the truth is usually just as simple as, "That guy doesn't know what the hell he's doing."

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:02 pm

JMP wrote:
I still do think he's trying to ruin this team on purpose though and is actually pissed he hasn't gotten them to the 2016-17 Browns level yet.

He's not pissed about that at all - his plan is to wallow in mediocrity, not to be the worst team like the Browns.  The worse you are, the higher pick you get - and you increase the chances that you draft a franchise-caliber player, even if it's by accident.  But winning 6-10 games every year ensures that you win nothing of note AND never get a chance to draft a franchise player.  This is is all playing out exactly as Ross planned.   Twisted Evil

This conspiracy stuff is fun!   Very Happy

Here's the thing, Ross' deal with Goodell to get multiple Super Bowls for keeping the Dolphins out of the Patriots' way was twisted a la Darth Vader at the Cloud City when he changed the deal with Lando Calrissian. Goodell forced Ross to dump a ton of money into the stadium right when the Dolphins were looking like they might be contenders again. Ross was punished by having to renovate the stadium or Ross would not be able to host the Super Bowl multiple times in the future, so he caved, but it left a bad taste in his mouth.

Now Ross is contemplating breaking the deal, but Goodell has an ace in the hole with his friend, Jim Harbaugh, coaching Ross' true love, Michigan football. If Ross tries to get competitive, Harbaugh will leave Michigan for an AFC East team at Goodell bidding (and significant monetary compensation).

Fan fiction is fun.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:19 pm

Degarmo wrote:Here's the thing, Ross' deal with Goodell to get multiple Super Bowls for keeping the Dolphins out of the Patriots' way was twisted a la Darth Vader at the Cloud City when he changed the deal with Lando Calrissian.  Goodell forced Ross to dump a ton of money into the stadium right when the Dolphins were looking like they might be contenders again.  Ross was punished by having to renovate the stadium or Ross would not be able to host the Super Bowl multiple times in the future, so he caved, but it left a bad taste in his mouth.

Now Ross is contemplating breaking the deal, but Goodell has an ace in the hole with his friend, Jim Harbaugh, coaching Ross' true love, Michigan football.  If Ross tries to get competitive, Harbaugh will leave Michigan for an AFC East team at Goodell bidding (and significant monetary compensation).

Fan fiction is fun.

That...actually doesn't seem too implausible at all. Seriously.

Let's not forget that Goodell used to work for the Jets and went out of his way to put a Super Bowl in their new stadium so it even makes sense that the two Jets guys would strike a deal that no other two people in the NFL would even think about. scratch scratch scratch

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:20 pm

Degarmo wrote:Sorry, DF, I wasn't trying to throw you under the bus Wink

I like coming up with fun theories because the truth is usually just as simple as, "That guy doesn't know what the hell he's doing."

I know, I was just coming up with another conspiracy. See what I did there? Wink Razz

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:55 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
Degarmo wrote:Sorry, DF, I wasn't trying to throw you under the bus Wink

I know, I was just coming up with another conspiracy. See what I did there? Wink Razz

The real question is why did I throw you under the bus? Wink

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next