The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tua Tagovailoa expected to be healthy, throwing for NFL teams by April

+3
JEGnj
rightchea
JMP
7 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Tua Tagovailoa expected to be healthy, throwing for NFL teams by April - Page 4 Empty Re: Tua Tagovailoa expected to be healthy, throwing for NFL teams by April

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:58 pm

Meh. This sudden medical news out of nowhere seems too good to be true. And as we all know, doctors can and do make mistakes. Big ones. To me it almost seems like a massive PR ploy. There's no way Tua can really be magically all better at this point.

At any rate, I still don't want him nor do I want a team in desperate need of talent almost everywhere trading all three firsts to move up 3 spots. Making that trade to #1 to get Burrow I would do, but not to #2 for anyone else. But that's probably just me.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Tua Tagovailoa expected to be healthy, throwing for NFL teams by April - Page 4 Empty Re: Tua Tagovailoa expected to be healthy, throwing for NFL teams by April

Post by white1 Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:30 pm

He’s not only hurt he’s small.

But I still think he’s the best QB In this class.

If the Fins want him they can get him. It won’t take 3 firsts no way. The risk is if Detroit wants him, may be no way to swing a deal if Cincy takes Burrow and Skins are hell bent on Chase Young - which imo would be a good pick for them.

So, to get him for sure you trade with Detroit assuming Washington says no. That’s fine.

Burrow, in Cincy especially, will be a bust. I’ve said it enough, anyone can copy it and troll me with it if he blows up and turns out great
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:13 pm

white1 wrote:Burrow, in Cincy especially, will be a bust. I’ve said it enough, anyone can copy it and troll me with it if he blows up and turns out great

You already know I'm way too nice a guy to troll you WHEN you turn out to be wrong Razz Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:34 am

Omar Kelly wrote:Even though the entire world knows the Miami Dolphins hope to add a young quarterback this offseason, according to general manager Chris Grier, there have not been any discussions about moving up in the 2020 NFL draft.

The Dolphins, who own the fifth, 18th and 26th picks in the first round of April’s draft — and should have 14 total selections when compensatory picks are disbursed — certainly have the ammunition to move up.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-combine-grier-20200225-apc263fkyrf3zke4b5rmozwgcu-story.html

I don't know if I have said it once already but Miami is not going to move up in the draft unless they really feel like they have too. I see them trying to get more picks but not loss any

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:29 am

DolFan 316 wrote:Meh. This sudden medical news out of nowhere seems too good to be true. And as we all know, doctors can and do make mistakes. Big ones. To me it almost seems like a massive PR ploy. There's no way Tua can really be magically all better at this point.

At any rate, I still don't want him nor do I want a team in desperate need of talent almost everywhere trading all three firsts to move up 3 spots. Making that trade to #1 to get Burrow I would do, but not to #2 for anyone else. But that's probably just me.

Get the franchise QB, period. Trade up to 2 and guarantee that you get Burrow or Tua.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:51 am

white1 wrote:He’s not only hurt he’s small.

But I still think he’s the best QB In this class.  

If the Fins want him they can get him. It won’t take 3 firsts no way. The risk is if Detroit wants him, may be no way to swing a deal if Cincy takes Burrow and Skins are hell bent on Chase Young - which imo would be a good pick for them.

So, to get him for sure you trade with Detroit assuming Washington says no.  That’s fine.

Burrow, in Cincy especially, will be a bust. I’ve said it enough, anyone can copy it and troll me with it if he blows up and turns out great

In today's NFL, Tua isn't really small. He's heavier than Brees and just a bit shorter, and he's both taller and heavier than Wilson and Murray. It's a non-issue.

Watching all the QB interviews this week and throughout the offseason, Burrow seems like an asshole (but that could be because he's sick of 'one year wonder' and 'small hands') and Herbert seems completely overwhelmed and not ready for primetime. In contrast, Tua is very mature, humble and looks like a natural leader...he's what you want the face of your franchise to be.

I'm all in on Tua, but if he goes #1 we need to get Burrow. Knowing that Tua is good to go suddenly puts the Lions in the mix, and they could conceivably take Tua/Burrow at 3 if either is there - so it's no longer a lock that we could trade with them. The Skins won't take a QB, so trade to 2 and you know you're getting either Tua or Burrow.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:57 am

News keeps getting better for Tua:

Ian Rapoport
✔
@RapSheet

Following two days of medical testing, #Bama QB Tua Tagovailoa received overwhelmingly positive reports on his dislocated hip from teams who examined him, sources say. The MRIs were as clean as hoped, fracture is healed, there is no loss of blood flow. One source: “Looked great."
8:51 AM - Feb 26, 2020

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:15 am

rightchea wrote:
Omar Kelly wrote:Even though the entire world knows the Miami Dolphins hope to add a young quarterback this offseason, according to general manager Chris Grier, there have not been any discussions about moving up in the 2020 NFL draft.

The Dolphins, who own the fifth, 18th and 26th picks in the first round of April’s draft — and should have 14 total selections when compensatory picks are disbursed — certainly have the ammunition to move up.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-combine-grier-20200225-apc263fkyrf3zke4b5rmozwgcu-story.html

I don't know if I have said it once already but Miami is not going to move up in the draft unless they really feel like they have too. I see them trying to get more picks but not loss any

I think Miami definitely trades up to get the QB. That's why they gutted to roster...to stockpile picks to ensure they get a franchise QB.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:24 pm

Throwing Jmp a bone (and others too I suppose). Enjoy Very Happy

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2020/futures-alabama-qb-tua-tagovailoa

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:55 pm

Good article, 316 - thanks for posting.

I think they exaggerate Tua's problems dealing with a "muddy" pocket. I actually think he does a very good job when under pressure. His movement in the pocket is almost Marino or Brady-esue at times...he knows when and how to step up or sidestep and he is very good at making a free rusher miss. And he is helped by an incredibly quick release on his throws...again, shades of Marino or Brady in terms of how fast the ball comes out. He is also always aware of what's happening downfield, so on those plays where the pocket breaks down he is often able to find a receiver that has beaten coverage and is open deep. I would agree that I'd like to see him do a better job of resetting his feet in those situations...he does get sloppy at times.

Overall, I think the article is very fair and accurate. I would still put Tua above Burrow, but I think both are headed for "franchise" status if they land in the right situation.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:40 am

This is an interesting take for the Redskins, Patriots from Mel Kiper

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4