The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draft thoughts not worth the virtual paper they're on

+6
CarsonChris
HalCHorn
finfanatic
DolFan 316
JMP
mercury22nathan
10 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Draft thoughts not worth the virtual paper they're on - Page 6 Empty Re: Draft thoughts not worth the virtual paper they're on

Post by finfanatic Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:14 pm

If you can find the right trade down partner, I say trade down. More picks means even someone who takes the entirely WRONG PLAYER for the position at times (Charles Harris instead of T J Watt (I kid you not!!!) , Iggy instead of Trevon Diggs (then again, nobody KNEW Diggs was gonna be that good, but even some Auburn fans were saying to me after the Iggy pick "WTF! Why would you draft him??") , lest we forget Gesicki instead of more traditional TE Dallas Goedert!) so more picks may mean he will luck into a good player just by accident maybe, perhaps, hopefully....

The trouble is, most every team is going to KNOW the best value is in rounds 2 thru 4 it seems like, so, why trade up? Seems like they would be looking to trade down too, right??

Only way I can see it is if one or two or those legitimate 1st rounders slides down, or someone gets the hots for one of the QBs?

It would be oh so nice if the Phins could drop down and get their guy and still come out with another 2nd and 3rd and a 4th maybe??

Of course one big shiny IMPACT PLAYER at #21 who makes a huge difference for the team sounds mighty good also!!
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Draft thoughts not worth the virtual paper they're on - Page 6 Empty Re: Draft thoughts not worth the virtual paper they're on

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:17 pm

finfanatic wrote:If you can find the right trade down partner, I say trade down. More picks means even someone who takes the entirely WRONG PLAYER for the position at times (Charles Harris instead of T J Watt (I kid you not!!!) , Iggy instead of Trevon Diggs (then again, nobody KNEW Diggs was gonna be that good, but even some Auburn fans were saying to me after the Iggy pick "WTF! Why would you draft him??") , lest we forget Gesicki instead of more traditional TE Dallas Goedert!) so more picks may mean he will luck into a good player just by accident maybe, perhaps, hopefully....

The trouble is, most every team is going to KNOW the best value is in rounds 2 thru 4 it seems like, so, why trade up? Seems like they would be looking to trade down too, right??

Only way I can see it is if one or two or those legitimate 1st rounders slides down, or someone gets the hots for one of the QBs?

It would be oh so nice if the Phins could drop down and get their guy and still come out with another 2nd and 3rd and a 4th maybe??

Of course one big shiny IMPACT PLAYER at #21 who makes a huge difference for the team sounds mighty good also!!

What do you mean, FF? Every time *I* do a mock teams are beating down my door wanting the 21st pick Cool And as everybody knows, internet mock drafts in February are always 100% like the real thing Razz

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6